Chapter Twelve

“What are you talking about, Willow?”

Willow looks like she wants to take my temperature. “Buffy, it’s Wednesday. You’ve missed three days of school. Giles is worried sick!

There’s a noise as Spike comes down the stairs and enters the living room.

“Red.”

Willow’s eyes get very big and she looks like she wants to bolt. I realize I’m proud of her when she takes a deep shaky breath and remains where she stands.

“Spike.”

‘kay, that was definitely a squeak, but points for not running away from the big bad vampire you’ve only heard was good by hearsay.

My heart starts to race as my body becomes aware that Spike’s in the room. I have to make a conscious effort not to run over to him and drag his shirt back off. My breath catches at the idea and I actually take a step towards him when I realize Willow is still in the room.

Total weirdness. What’s going on with me that I was actually thinking of making out with Spike with my friend in the room? That I’m still thinking about making out with Spike. That I can’t stop thinking about making out with Spike?

My breathing quickens and I notice that Spike’s staring at me and struggling with himself as well.

Something’s not right, here.

I look at Willow, who’s noticed the strain Spike and I are under.

“Buffy? Are you okay?”

“I think we need to go to the library.”



“So this strange attraction you feel towards Spike started after he returned from the dimension Acathla sent him to?” Giles has cleaned his glasses so many times during this conversation so far that I’d be surprised if he has any lenses left.

“Well...” how do you tell your watcher that you’ve always been attracted to your major nemesis but not as strongly as in recent days?

“Let’s say that any attraction I felt was nowhere near as intense as it is now.”

Spike actually preens which is sorta annoying. It makes me want to kiss him. Of course I’ve recently learned that Spike grunting, breathing, scratching his ear, picking at his nail polish or pretending to belch also makes me want to kiss him. Let’s not go into what his smiling makes me want to do. Really. Let’s not.

Willow looks at me askance, “Does that mean that you were hot for Spike when I was locked in that closet with Cordelia on Parent Teacher Night?”

I’d give her an apologetic look if it was possible to tear my eyes away from Spike’s.

Giles sighs once he realizes all attention has drifted away from him yet again. He’s been sighing a lot this evening. “Let’s go over everything again. You and Spike have been intimate,” Giles blanches at the idea, “how many times since he’s reappeared?”

Spike snorts and I give him a dirty look even though it makes me want to run my hands under his shirt. I make a conscious effort to answer Giles’ question. “I don’t know ... somewhere around ... maybe ... 75 times?”

Spike grins and nods in agreement. My mouth waters and I start to twitch.

“Dear Lord!” And the glasses snap in two which makes me giggle. “Do you have any idea how long you were at it during your last, well ... that is to say ... interlude?”

“Well, Mom left on Sunday so I guess it’s been since then.” I can’t seem to sit still in my seat.

“Buffy, please attempt to refrain from squirming. You say that Sunday night was also the night you both lost consciousness?”

“Uh huh.”

“How long do you think you remained in an unconscious state?”

“Not very. Mom asked me to heat up some blood for Spike; which I did right after she left. I went downstairs to tell him it was ready and it was still warm and in the same place I left it on the kitchen counter when we came back upstairs after ... ummm ... after we ... well, you know.”

“Yes, I’ll thank you to refrain from explicit detail.”

“Oi, I wouldn’t mind rehashing some of the details.” Spike speaks for the first time since we got here and it makes my breath stop.

“Spike, please. By my calculations, then you’ve been intimate 75 times during the last 72 hours. That’s more than once an hour, every hour for the past three days. That’s simply impossible.”

“Not for vampires.” Spike wraps his tongue over his teeth and grins wolfishly. I’m out of my seat and straddling his lap before anyone can blink.

Finally. I’m kissing Spike again and everything feels back to normal. I don’t like not being able to touch him. It makes me feel all funny and unhappy inside. Spike growls, thrusting his tongue down my throat and I think I hear voices but I decide to dismiss them. I’ve been very patient and it’s time for Spike kissage now.

~~~~~

Slayer may not realize it but we’re under some pretty strong mojo. I don’t understand where the feeling that Buffy and I have been intimate before comes from but I’m also very much aware that it was never like this. I know it was spectacular, earth shattering and more than likely the best I ever had in my entire existence but it was never so strong that we couldn’t keep our hands off each other even with conscious effort.

I hear Giles and the witch discussing us in the background. I decide if they come up with anything truly important they’ll interrupt us to let us know so it’s safe to keep snoggin’ my girl. The witch sounds excited ... you know ... that’s another thing. Why do I keep referring to Red as ‘The Witch’?

Yeah, she restored Angel’s soul, but as far as I know that’s the only spell she’s ever performed. Why do I get the feeling that she’s truly scary and a force to be reckoned with? I’ll have to try to remember to ask Buffy later.

I can hear Willow’s voice raised in fear. Something’s goin’ on in the room and I’m just about to quirk an eye to get a look see when the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I hear the growl of a furious vampire.

The next thing I know, Buffy’s yanked off my lap, causing me to topple over in my chair.

I look up to see the Slayer struggling out of Angelus’ grasp as he glares at me.

“Spike!”

tbc