Chapter Six

In a sleepy haze I notice that although the sweat pants remain, Spike is shirtless. I guess the material was irritating his injuries. Luckily the burns have healed to the point that only angry welts and scars remain. Hmmm. He’s got a really nice chest. Spike twitches in his sleep and snorts into my palm. A strange electric feeling shoots from my palm to my lower abdomen and warmth floods between my legs. A surprised gasp escapes my lips as all the muscles in my body contract in a massive shudder.

Spike’s eyes shoot open at the movement and I become conscious of the fact that he’s been in game face since he reappeared in the mansion. I’m slightly surprised that I hadn’t noticed before. I’m surprised again when I realize that I like Spike’s game face. I really like it. A lot. He looks like a big white panther when he’s vamped out.

My attention swings back to Spike as he sniffs the air and lets out a growly-grumbly noise. His eyes catch mine and it feels like I’m being sucked into his golden orbs. All of a sudden I can’t breathe or move as the noise he’s making turns into a low purring sound. Without breaking eye contact Spike moves with cat-like grace from his position on the floor to the space beside me on the bed. I can feel my heart pounding so hard it’s going to leap out of my chest and I can’t seem to draw enough air into my lungs. A low tingle runs through my entire body and I desperately want to reach out and pull Spike against me. I want to touch him more than I’ve ever wanted anything in my life.

Somewhere in the back of my brain I can hear someone whimpering. It takes me a few moments before I realize that it’s me. I’ve never felt like this before. I’ve never been so out of control in my life. Oddly, I don’t care. All I can think of is that I feel magnificent and I never want this feeling to end. I stiffen as it occurs to me that this is how I felt during my dream when I was beating Spike bloody in that dark alley. I stiffen and cry out.

At my cry Spike suddenly shifts into his human face and he lets out a sound that’s almost frightened. His head ducks down to my chest and he starts to shudder. I’m surprised when I realize he’s shaking in fear and seeking comfort from me. My arms go around him and as I touch his skin something snaps inside me.

The next thing I know I’ve flipped him over and I’m laying on top of him. Somewhere along the line I’ve lost my nightie and I can feel every inch of him rubbing at my core through his sweats and my thin panties. I rub my hands up Spike’s bare chest between our bodies and suddenly Spike’s back in game face and doing that purring thing again. I can feel his entire body vibrate against mine and it’s driving me crazy. My nipples harden into peaks and I want. . . I want. . . Oh God I don’t know what I want but if I don’t get it soon I’m going to die.

It wasn’t like this when I lost my virginity. There was sweetness and softness and it felt good but there was no wild loss of control. No throbbing, swollen, needy wetness. Good thing I didn’t know what I was missing - or actually - maybe if I had known what I was missing we could have avoided the whole Angelus thing altogether.

Spike must have noticed my mind wandering because suddenly I’m flat on my back and he’s on top of me. He’s grabbed the hair at the nape of my neck and he’s pulled my head back. I vaguely try to recall what I’d been thinking about as his eyes drop to my mouth and his head lowers towards mine. I can feel my lips swell to meet his and my mouth opens automatically to welcome his tongue. Oh. He tastes so good. My tongue darts out to wrestle with his as I try to capture more of that wonderful taste. His tongue is bumpy, almost scratchy and the feeling of it writhing against my tongue is making me shake uncontrollably.

There’s a nudge at my knees and then Spike’s between my legs. His hand slides down my stomach to the waistband of my panties and the next thing I know they’re gone. Oh goody! I can feel everything so much better now!

I frown as I realize there’s still a major barrier between me and what I want so I rip at it until his sweats are nothing but a shredded mess and I’m able to feel Spike’s skin against mine. Something long and hard and velvety slips between my legs and rubs at my entrance. I gasp and arch up into it as it brushes against my clit. Oh God! It’s Spike’s cock and I’ve never felt anything so amazing before in my life!

Spike’s mouth moves down to my neck and his hands cup my breasts as he starts to thrust with his hips rubbing back and forth against my clit. His palms move deftly over my nipples and he starts roll the stiffened peaks between his fingers and suddenly between his hands and his cock there’s this triangle of sensation that’s taking over my body and growing and making me shake so hard that I’m sobbing his name and arching my back and doing anything I can to increase the friction. I arch my hips and Spike sinks inside of me in one long thrust. I can feel him so deep that it feels like he’s pressing at the back of my throat. I start to sob and my ankles twine together around his back as I thrust hard up into his downward plunge. I’m sobbing and he’s growling and we’re writhing together until everything explodes into fireworks and atoms and electric currents and he collapses limply into my body.

A satiated smile curls my lips as I wrap my arms around him and fall back into an exhausted slumber.



He’s kneeling in front of her and she’s never seen that particular expression on his face before. So sincere. So honest. He leans forward. . .

“Look at me. I'm not asking you for anything. When I tell you that I love you, it's not because I want you, or 'cause I can't have you -- it has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try... I've seen your strength, and your kindness, I've seen the best and the worst of you and I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You are a hell of a woman.”

Oh God, she loves him. No one has ever made her feel this whole; this pure. The reflection of herself that she sees in his eyes is the most beautiful she’s ever been. How could she have treated him so badly last year? How could she not have seen him?


“I know you'll never love me.” She’s looking down at him from her living room stairs, “I know that I'm a monster. But you treat me like a man, and that's. . .Get your stuff. I'll be here.”

She pauses. A feeling courses through her that she doesn’t want to identify. She turns and heads up the stairs.


“Tell me you love me.”

“I love you. You know I do.”

“Tell me you want me.”

“I always want you.”

She wraps him around her like a protective shield and they sink down to the floor in a haze of emotion. Suddenly the crypt door opens.

“Buffy?”

She doesn’t want to be interrupted. She grunts at the intrusion.

“Buffy?!?!?”


“What the hell is going on here?!?!?!” I wake up to Angel’s angry exclamation and realize quickly that: one, I am naked and two, I am laying spread eagled on top of another body.

Oh shit! What have I done?

tbc