Chapter Seven

“Buffy, what the hell is going on here?!?!?!”

Oh Shit! Angel’s here in my room, standing at the foot of my bed and I just had amazing, stupendous, best of my life sex with Spike! I roll off Spike’s inert form and suddenly I’m at a complete loss for what to do or say. It’s not helping that the sunlight that’s shining through my bedroom window is bouncing off my mirror and hitting me directly in the eyes.

Sunlight! Crap! I jump over Spike and rush to the window before the sun’s rays creep far enough into the room to hit Spike. That’s when it occurs to me that Angel must have arrived during the daylight. Not only that, but he hasn’t been invited back into my house yet so how did he get into my room?!?

“Angel?” I hope I don’t sound as bewildered as I really am and I really hope that it’s Angel I’m talking to. The expression on his face is frighteningly familiar and not one I’ve seen on him when he’s got a soul.

“Yeah, Buff? You got something to say to me? Like why you’re naked and in bed with Spike?”

Nope. I’ve got nothing. You now what they say; the best defense is a good offense, right?

“How did you get into my room?!?!?! What the hell are you doing here anyway and how did you get here during daylight?!?!?!?!”

Angel starts to cackle. I have to say. . .not a sound I’ve heard from either version. He’s just not the cackling kind with or without a soul. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

“Ooops. You caught me. You’re smarter than they say.” Angel grins so wide it looks like his face is gonna crack open like a muppet. “I’ll have to keep that in mind for next time. See ya!” and then Angel disappears like a puff of smoke.

Okay. Not something I’ve ever seen a vampire do before. I’m beginning to get the impression that it wasn’t Angel I was talking to after all. Maybe I am smarter than they. . .hey! Who says I’m not smart!

Oddly, Spike hasn’t moved since I woke up. Either I really wore him out last night (and let the blushing commence!) or he’s still healing from the burn he got on his way back from hell. I get out of bed, pull the sheet over him, grab some clothes and head towards the bathroom to clean up. Some situations simply demand BFF time. Then maybe I’ll go have a nice long chat with Giles.



“You had SEX with Spike!?!?!?!”

It figures. After a 20 minute retelling of everything that happened since the last time I saw Willow, which includes magically reappearing vampires, a feral vampire hunt, my mom helping said feral vampire and ex-boyfriends disappearing in a puff of smoke, she fixates on the sex with Spike part. Sigh.

“Well. . .yeah.” I am Remorse Buffy! See me feel bad for having the sex with evil vampires? See me repent? Major admission of mistake here. A very yummy mistake, yes. A feel-good muscle-melting tingling all over my body every time I think about it mistake, but still not something I should be proud of, right?

So why am I having a hard time feeling bad about it?

It must be the dreams. The Spike in my dreams is so not evil. I’d even go so far as to say he’s sometimes good. I’m so wishing I’d had sex with that Spike. Then I wouldn’t have to try so hard to feel so bad about it.

“How was it?” Willow question breaks me out of my reverie.

“How was what?”

“Sex with Spike? Did he try to bite you? Did he hurt you?”

“Actually he didn’t do anything to hurt me at all. He was really. . .” Okay. There is no way to finish that sentence without utter humiliation. I think I need just a little more experience with the having of sex before I can talk details.

“Let’s just say it was incredible and leave it at that, okay?”

“I don’t understand why he didn’t try to kill you. Isn’t that kind of his raison d'etra?”

Raisin detour? I must have looked as confused as I felt.

“Raison d’etra. . .you know, reason for existing.” Willow quickly explained.

“I guess in the past, yeah, but it wasn’t last night.” I quickly lose any control I had over gushing. “Oh God, Willow! It was so good! I know I’m not Experience Girl when it comes to actual sex but this was like nothing on Earth! It was better than Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food!”

“No! Not Phish Food!” Willow is understandably impressed.

“I just don’t know how to tell Giles about what happened last night. I mean there’s no way I’m telling about the sex part. I’m lucky Spike doesn’t have a soul to lose but I don’t think Giles will see the bright side there. How do I explain about the phony Angel without telling about the sex?”

“Why don’t you just say he was still sleeping on the floor?”

“Willow, you’re brilliant!”

“So I’ve been told.”



“So Spike was wearing this when he rematerialized?”

Heh. Trust Giles to fixate on the shiny necklace thingy. Not to say he wouldn’t also have fixated on the sex part but what he doesn’t know probably won’t hurt him.

“Yeah. It was around his neck and he was burned all around it like it blocked whatever it was that did the burning.”

“Unless the gem itself is what did the burning. You did say his face was untouched but his neck and chin were burned?”

“Uh huh.”

“That implies that whatever burned Spike was around chest level and situated such that his chin blocked his face from being burned.”

“’Kay, but that doesn’t explain the burns on his back.”

“You’re right. I’ll have a go at the books and try to discover if there’s mention of anything that remotely resembles this atrocious piece of neckwear.”

“Thanks!”

~~~~~

Where the hell am I and why do I smell like sex?

I crack open an eye and discover I’m in a girly nightmare of a room. Nope, never been here before, of that I’m certain. My muscles complain vociferously when I sit up to get a better look at my surroundings. The smell is familiar. Really familiar but I can’t seem to place it. I look around and there’s no obvious sign that tells me exactly whose room I’m in. Sigh. That means I’ve got to stand up and I don’t think that’s gonna feel to good. Luckily I manage to make it to my feet but a movement across the room startles me into ducking. I feel extremely foolish when I realize I jumped at a mirror.

Wait! Something in the mirror means something in the room other than me!

Forgetting the pain I spin trying to find the cause of the movement. The figure in the mirror spins as well. Bloody hell! That’s me!

When I approach the mirror I notice pictures tucked in the frame.

Stunned I realize that I’m in the Slayer’s bedroom, I smell like sex, and I have a reflection.

Bloody hell!