Buffy, Spike, Willow and Xander stood outside the house looking at it in wonder. They started to walk towards Spike’s car and got inside. Spike got in the driver’s seat, turned the key and stepped on it. They all sped off with Spike, not knowing where they were going. Just getting away from that house. Buffy still wanted to live in it. And she was going to do everything in her power to get rid of that ghost so she could live in it. Spike stopped the car outside Buffy’s stepfather’s house.

Giles was a man in his late forties, and loved the supernatural. Some people thought he was a bit crazy, but he just likes his books and occult stuff. He married Buffy’s mother two years before she died and since then he has been trying to get her back. Everyone knows he won’t succeed but Buffy was worried about it all just the same. What if he did succeed, there was a like ten billion to one chance but what if he did? Would she have her mother back?

Buffy got out first and ran to his door. She banged on it non-stop until he answered it.

“All right, all right keep your hair on I’m coming. Dear Lord.” Giles muttered as he opened the door. He was still in his bathrobe and quickly tightened it when he saw Buffy. “Buffy. Nice of you to pop round. I haven’t seen you in a while. And it seems you brought the whole herd. Come in, come in it’s awfully cold out there.” Giles said and ushered them inside.

“Thanks Giles.” Buffy said as she entered. She walked into the living room and sat on the couch. His house always smelled of incense and candles, which Buffy liked but always wondered what he was doing.

“Giles, you know I was moving into William’s grandfather’s house don’t you?” Buffy asked. Willow Xander and Spike sat down on the two couches and looked at Buffy.

“Yes dear.” Giles replied, looking confused.

“Well, we think… we think that… we think the house is haunted.” Buffy finished quickly.

“Well, you are innocent if you didn’t know that. Everyone in town knows that.”

“Well we saw the boy that haunts it. His name is Joseph Lawson. He’s there because he wants to finish his game and find his mother, who is buried in an unmarked grave outside the house.”

“Well, we should get all the ghosts together and make them finish their business so you can move into the house.”

“Good let’s go.” Buffy got up to leave.

“Wait till I get dressed for God’s sake.” Giles said.

………………………………………………………………………………………

The five of them drove to Lawson Manor and stood outside. Giles stood there looking at the house for a while and walked inside. He had a bag over his shoulder that he always carried with him. No-one knew what was ever in it and no-one dared to ask. Giles put his bag down and opened it. He pulled out six candles and put them in a circle and lit them. He got out three pots of powder and handed them to Buffy, Willow and Xander.

“Spike, will you be so kind as to stand in the middle. I need a family connection to start the spell.” Spike stepped into the middle and gave Buffy a confused look. “The rest of you, I want you to blow the powder onto Spike when I finish my incantation.” The three friends nodded. Giles started to chant something in Latin and nodded for them to blow. Spike started coughing and around him came three ghosts; Joseph, Burt and Kathryn.

“Hello again Lawsons.” Giles said. Kathryn nodded Joseph smiled and Burt scowled. “Now Joseph, what is your game that you wanted to finish?” Joseph held up a little, Victorian spinning top and gave it to Giles. The rope that you need to spin it was snapped in two. Giles presented another spinning top from his bag and handed it to the boy. Joseph span it and ran upstairs and disappeared. Kathryn ran after him. No-one knew what Burt had to do to rest. He disappeared laughing.

“Didn’t Joseph say something about Burt’s body still being in the basement?” Willow said.

“Let’s go.” Buffy said and ran into the kitchen where the door to the basement was. Buffy pulled the door but it wouldn’t budge. Spike tried and it still wouldn’t budge. He walked backwards a bit then lunged at the door. The door snapped in two and a disgusting smell enveloped the room.

“Well that did it. And what the hell is that smell?” Xander said and held his nose. Buffy, Spike and Giles walked down into the basement.

“I… err… think we’ll stay here.” Xander said and hugged Willow.

Buffy and Spike took one way and Giles took the other. All Buffy and Spike had to do was follow the smell of rotting flesh to find Burt. Behind a large trunk they found Burt. A skeleton with skin and other stuff hanging off. Buffy fainted and Spike caught her.

“Willow, Xander, call the police and an ambulance!”

………………………………………………………………………………………

Buffy was sitting on the couch while the police were downstairs in the basement sorting out the body. Spike came up and sat next to Buffy.

“Are you alright luv?” He asked her. Buffy nodded and lied her head on his shoulder. Spike put his arm around her. Suddenly, the ghosts appeared in front of them. Kathryn was holding Burt by his collar and Joseph was playing with his spinning top.

“Thank you. All of you. Thank you.”

“It was the least we could do, plus we didn’t want you haunting us while we were living here!” Buffy said.

“Don’t push it!” Kathryn said. She gave them one last nod and disappeared. The ghosts were gone for good. Xander and Willow walked into the room.

“Who were you talking to?” Xander said.

“Ghosts.” Spike replied.

“They gone?” Willow asked.

“Yep.” Spike said. Buffy smiled and they all gave a sigh of relief. The ghosts were out of their lives. Now they could move in peacefully.

THE END