Spike, Buffy, Willow, Anya and Xander were all gathered round the table in Willow’s apartment. Willow was clicking away at her laptop and the others were pretending to read the books.

“What’s the name of the house?” Willow asked Spike.

“Lawson Manor.”

“Okay.” Willow said a carried on typing away. Buffy was now staring across the table at Spike and Spike was staring back with loving eyes. Buffy blew him a kiss and carried on with research.

…………………………………………………………………………………………

“I got it!” Willow screamed. Everyone gathered round her end of the table and stared at the screen.

“In the last hundred and fifty years, there have been near enough thirty-seven murders and deaths at the house. In 1894, a young boy, Joseph Lawson was found dead in the attic of the manor. His body parts were found in various places in the house. This happened just days after his mother, Mrs. Kathryn Lawson, went missing. His father, Mr. Burt Lawson, was nowhere to be found after his son’s murder. Kathryn Lawson was never found after that. Neither was Burt. Burt Lawson was the main suspect in this murder so the police were pretty bummed when they didn’t find him. Another suspect was his brother, Mark Lawson. Mark Lawson was married with three kids and didn’t seem like the murderous person. He died of a heart attack in 1901.”

“Okay, so we have a ghost in our house. Interesting.” Buffy said and looked at Spike.

“Hey, don’t look at me, you’re the one who wanted to move in here.”

“Am I certain that I wanna be a part of your family or are ya gonna start killing people?” Buffy said playfully.

“Hmmm… let’s have a kid or two and see how long it takes for them to go missing.”

“Spike, don’t be so cruel!” Willow yelled.

“Sorry.” Spike chuckled and hugged Buffy close. “Let’s see if we can find anything in the attic that’ll help us.” Spike said. Buffy nodded and ran up the stairs with Spike following her.


…………………………………………………………………………………………

The two of them began looking in boxes in the attic. Spike pulled out an old trunk and blew the dust off of it. He struggled to get in the box so Buffy came and helped him.

“Wow, how boring!” Buffy said. In the box were about three photo albums and old letters. Spike pulled out one of the albums and began looking at them. In a photo was a man next to a woman holding a baby, in the next one was a little boy sitting on this box, another one was a little boy sitting down, his back to the camera, playing with a toy. Just like Buffy had seen him in the bedroom when he asked for his mommy.

“Wait, de ja vu. That’s exactly how the boy looked when I saw him a few days ago.”

“This is the last one in the album. There’s no more after that, it must have been taken the day the boy died, probably by the killer, and if the killer could find the camera and know how it works, then it must have been someone that lived there. Like his father.”

“It makes sense, his wife went missing before he did, maybe he killed her as well.” Buffy said.

“More than likely. We should go tell the others and…”

“Wait a minute, look at this letter.” Buffy handed him the letter and Spike began to read.

Dear Burt,

I am going away for a few days so I can get my head around everything. I can’t stand this house any longer. The weird things that happen here are too much to bear. I really can’t stand it.

I hope to be back soon

Kathryn

“Sounds like the house was haunted before Joseph died.” Buffy said. “Maybe there are so many ghosts here they do things to people. They see them and think that they are crazy or something”

“Could be.” Spike agreed.

“Wow, was I smart for once, yay!”

“Hang on a minute, I don’t think Burt killed Kathryn, maybe she just didn’t come back from her few days away, maybe she died there and her body was never sent home.” Spike said. “I think we’re getting somewhere here…” A ghostly voice interrupted Spike. Buffy and Spike turned around to find the little boy standing there.

“You’ll never find out about the things my father did. They didn’t back then and they won’t know. The only proof you have is those photos that are very cryptic and me. It was my father who killed me. And my mother. Mother did not write that letter, t’was my father. He made her write that so if it was ever found he would be dropped of all murder charges against. They never found her but she was right under their nose the whole time. She’s buried in the garden in an unmarked grave. I am in the garden in a marked grave. My father killed me. He came in and started flashing the camera at me from behind. He grabbed me, I didn’t get to finish my game. He took me and got the knife. He stabbed me many times in the stomach and then removed my arms and legs. It was horrible. He then put them around the house so that people would find me piece by piece. He then hid in the basement. I got up from where I was. I couldn’t touch anything. I went down to see my father. I saw him behind the locked basement door with a knife in his hand. He slit his own throat and killed himself. No-one could ever get into that basement as he had the only key. That’s why they never found him. He haunts this house as well as me. He tries to say sorry for what he did and I try to finish my game but I never can. We will never move on.” The little boy explained. He then disappeared.

“Wow. That’s the weirdest thing that’s ever happened to me.” Suddenly, a great grey thing flew across the room and through Spike.

“Let’s get out of here!” Buffy shouted. They both ran downstairs.