Summary: Popular Buffy wrecks her mom’s new car. Unpopular Spike offers to fix it for her as long as she agrees to pretend to be his girlfriend until Prom, when they will “break up”.

A/N: I saw the previews for the new movie ‘Love Don’t Cost a Thing’ and an idea clicked in my head. I don’t really know exactly how the movie goes or anything, so most of the story will be my ideas. I’m pretty sure it’s based on an older movie, but I’m gonna do it anyway!! Let me now what you think!!
~Ellie


Prologue


Buffy Summers walked up the steps into Sunnydale High School. She immediately headed straight for the quad, where she met her friends Cordelia Chase, and Harmony and Cecily Kendall. They were the most popular girls in school. They all came from rich families, and had looks that could kill.

“Hey guys. What’s up?” Buffy greeted, as she joined the girls at the fountain.

“Hi Buffy!” Harmony screeched, hugging her.

Buffy giggled and hugged her back.

“Oh my gosh! Your outfit is sooo cute!” Harmony said, admiring her friend’s black leather skirt and silver top.

“Thanks! I got it in LA this weekend.”

“And your shoes are absolutely killer!” Cordelia chimed in.

“You wouldn’t believe the sales they were having at the mall. My dad gave me his credit card.” Buffy said, grinning.

Cecily spoke up. “Maybe we should go shopping again this weekend.”

“Oh my God, Buffy!” Harmony squealed, jumping up and down.

“What? Do I have a zit?” Buffy asked, worriedly touching her face.

Cecily rolled her eyes at her twin sister.

“Harmony, spit it out already!” she yelled.

“Angel was staring at you, Buffy!” Harmony said, squealing again.

“He was?” Buffy asked, smiling.

Buffy has had a crush on Angel since she moved to Sunnydale a year ago. Angel Michaels was the star of the football team and the object of every girl’s fantasy.

“He’s looking right now.” Cordelia said, grinning.

“He’s not the only one.” Cecily said, looking in the other direction toward two guys standing under a tree.

“Ugh, God! Are they staring at us again? What is their deal?” Cordelia asked.

“Looks like.” Buffy added, watching the bleached blonde.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

William “Spike” Giles and Xander Harris stood under the tree across the quad.

“Look at them, all rich and popular.” Xander said, looking at the girls sitting next to the fountain.

“Yeah. Damn, Buffy’s looking good today.” Spike said.

“Yep. Speaking of Summers women, where is my girlfriend?” Xander asked, looking around.

“Don’t know. I think she was with Willow. Actually, here they are now.” Spike replied.

“Hi!” Willow Rosenberg greeted.

“Hey Will.”

“Hey Red.”

“The others headed to class already. So I guess we should go.” Willow said.

“But I don’t want to go to class. I want to go into a closet with Xander. Believe me; it’s much more entertaining than history.” Anya Summers said, putting her arms around Xander’s neck.

Xander’s face turned a lovely shade of red, while Spike and Willow chuckled.

“Honey, what did we discuss the other night about what we should and should not talk about in public?” Xander chided his girlfriend, as if speaking to a small child.

Anya pouted.

“Sorry. I forget.”

“It’s ok. Just try to remember next time.” he said, kissing her on the cheek.

Spike and Willow watched the couple in amusement.

“I think we should head to class now.” Willow told them.

“Yeah, I guess. Off to history then.” Spike said, sneaking one last look at Buffy before heading in the other direction.