Chapter 11
Spike was staring at his closet when Xander walked in and flopped down in a chair.

“Watcha lookin’ at?” Xander asked, curiously eyeing Spike.

Spike sighed and turned around.

“Something to wear for tonight.”

“Tonight? And you are so worried about your wardrobe now because?” Xander asked.

Spike rolled his eyes.

“I’m taking Buffy out.” Spike replied, stretching out on the bed.

“Ok. Let me get this straight. You and Buffy are an item now.”

Spike nodded.

“And how is that seeing as how she never used to speak to you before?” Xander asked.

“How do you know we’ve never spoken to each other? You follow me around?” Spike countered.

“Touché.” Xander mumbled.

Spike smirked and stood up from the bed, walking over to the closet.

“Now, about my clothes.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Fred walked into Buffy’s room, dodging a sweater as it flew past her head. Buffy was in her closet, throwing clothes everywhere.

“What are you doing?” Fred asked, dodging a pair of pants.

Buffy looked up, and stopped throwing clothes.

“I don’t have anything to wear!”

Fred tilted her head to the side.

“For what?”

Buffy sighed and threw herself on the bed next to Fred.

“I have a date with Spike.”

“Really? That’s great!” Fred exclaimed.

Buffy sighed again.

“Where are you going?” Fred asked.

Buffy sat up abruptly.

“I don’t know. Oh my gosh, he never said!” Buffy replied, eyes wide.

“Well, that’s not a problem, is it?” Fred asked.

“Yes! What if I wear something stupid! I don’t wanna look like an idiot in front of him!” Buffy said, pacing the room.

“You must really like him to be so worried about what you’ll wear.”

Buffy and Fred turned to see Anya standing in the doorway, arms crossed, and an amused smile on her face.

Buffy blushed.

“I-I, uh…”

“See, you’re blushing again!” Fred said, pointing at Buffy.

“Yep, you’re definitely got it bad.” Anya commented.

“How would you know? You never talk to me!” Buffy said to Anya.

Anya uncrossed her arms and looked down.

“I can help you with your outfit and hair.” she said quietly.

Buffy’s expression softened.

“Thanks.”

Fred stood up.

“I’ll be in my room.”

She started to leave, when Anya grabbed her arm.

“You can stay.”

Fred smiled and nodded, walking back over to the bed.

“Ok. Let’s think about this. Where’s the most likely place that Spike will take you?” Anya said.

Buffy shrugged.

“I don’t know.”

“Ok.” Anya said, slowly, eyeing Buffy suspiciously. “Why’d he ask you out?”

“We were just going to talk and get to know each other.” Buffy replied, her eyes widening at her slip.

Fred looked at her, eyes wide, realizing her slip also. Both were relieved when they realized Anya hadn’t noticed.

“Ok. So if you’re just going to talk, then he most likely won’t take you to the Bronze. So, you’ll want to wear something that says ‘you know you want me’ while at the same time, you look relaxed and comfy.” Anya rambled.

Buffy and Fred looked at each other and smiled.

“When did you become so involved in fashion?” Buffy asked, amused that Anya knew more about clothes than she did.

Anya looked at her strangely.

“I read Cosmo. It’s not just about sex, you know. They have some quality fashion tips.”

Buffy grinned and shook her head, standing up from the bed.

“So, Miss Anya, what should I wear?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After what seemed like days, Buffy stood in front of her mirror, examining her reflection.

“Turn around.” Anya instructed.

Buffy spun so she faced Anya and Fred. She wore a short denim skirt with dragonflies embroidered on the front, and a crystal blue tank top that accented the design on her skirt. To complete the outfit, she wore black flip flops, her hair was slightly curled, and she wore little makeup.

“Well?”

Anya and Fred smiled.

“He’ll love it. You’re right Anya, it does look relaxed.” Fred said.

Anya grinned.

“I know. He’ll be ready to give you many orgasms when he sees you.”

Buffy and Fred stared at Anya, blushing.

“What?” Anya asked, then noticed the shocked looks on their faces. “Oh, I see. That’s one of those words I shouldn’t say.”

The doorbell rang downstairs, snapping Buffy back to reality. A reality that didn’t involve her and a very naked Spike.

“Oh God, oh God, oh God! That’s him! He’s here!” Buffy said, panicking.

“Calm down!” Anya yelled. “You’re turning red!”

“I’ll go get the door.” Fred said, after hearing the doorbell ring again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Spike stood outside the Summers’ home. He had pressed the doorbell once, but had gotten no response. He pressed it again and waited. He was about to knock this time, when a brunette opened the door.

“Hi. Spike, right?”

Spike nodded.

“I’m Fred. Buffy will be down in a minute.”

Spike stepped inside and followed Fred into the living room. They sat down, each wondering what to say. After a few minutes, Spike heard a screech. He looked up at the ceiling.

“What was that?” he asked.

Fred shrugged.

“It’s probably Anya trying to get Buffy to breathe.” Fred said absently, then mentally grimaced.

“Why isn’t Buffy breathing?” Spike asked.

“I, uh, she, um…” Fred stammered, not knowing how to cover that one up.

Spike smirked.

“She’s nervous?” he asked.

Fred sighed.

“Just pretend you noticed. I didn’t tell you.” Fred stated.

Spike nodded.

“Well, if it makes you feel any better, I’m petrified.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

While Spike was downstairs confessing his nervousness, Buffy was upstairs hyperventilating.

“Would you calm down?” Anya yelled.

Buffy started pacing. After a few strides, Anya walked over and pinched Buffy on the arm really hard. Buffy shrieked and glared at Anya, rubbing her arm.

“What the hell was that for?”

Anya shrugged.

“I had to get your attention somehow. Now come on, you’re wasting valuable smootchie time.”

Buffy started to protest until Anya grabbed her arm, pulling her into the hallway and towards the stairs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Fred smiled at Spike’s confession. Then she noticed Anya coming down the stairs and stood up.

“Buffy’s coming.” Anya said, leaning against the doorframe.

Spike nodded and stood up, looking up just in time to see Buffy descend the stairs. She saw Spike and smiled. He smiled back and walked over to her.

Fred joined Anya at the door, watching them stare at each other.

“You look good.” Spike told her.

Buffy blushed slightly.

“Just good?” she asked, flirtatiously.

“Pretty damn good.” Spike said, smirking.

Spike opened the door and held out his arm.

“Milady.”

Buffy walked over and linked her arm in his.

“Thank you good sir.” she said, giggling.

They walked out, leaving Anya and Fred standing alone staring after them.

“That was so sweet.” Fred said.

“I know.” Anya huffed. “I wish Xander would do that for me.”

Fred giggled. Anya sighed and stood in the open door watching Spike hold the door open for Buffy.

“Oh yeah. They have it really bad for each other.” Anya said, and Fred nodded. “It's just too bad that they got together because of some other reason, which I have yet to find out.”

Fred’s eyes grew wide.

“What do you mean?”

Anya shut the door and leaned against it.

“I’m not stupid, you know. She’s hiding something. I mean, she has never even talked to Spike before. Why would they suddenly start going out?”

“Maybe they had been meeting secretly.” Fred said.

Anya shook her head.

“Then why are they going on a date just to talk, and to get to know each other better? If they had been meeting secretly like you suggest, then they wouldn’t have to go on a date just to talk.” Anya countered.

Fred shrugged. She could never tell a lie. So she just resorted to body movements.

Anya huffed and stomped upstairs.

“I will find out what they’re hiding.”

Fred watched Anya go upstairs.

“Oh boy.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy was sitting in Spike’s car. They had just left, and she was already on cloud nine. He was so sweet and such a gentleman, the way he escorted her to the car and opened the door for her.

“So, where are we going?” she asked, curious as to where he was taking her.

“It’s a surprise.” Spike simply answered.