A/N: I don’t know if anyone noticed, but I made a tiny mistake in chapter 12. Buffy’s response about getting home before her “mom has a heart attack”. Buffy’s mom isn’t home, so I am going to fix it in this chapter. Also, I am really sorry about not updating in the past two weeks. I had midterms and spring break to deal with. Any who, read and review!! Oh, this is going to be in first person for a few paragraphs or so, depending on if it is Buffy or Spike thinking.

Chapter 13

**Buffy**

Overall, tonight was one of the best nights of my life. And the date ranked number one on the Buffy Date Scale. Not that I go on too many dates. Not lately anyway. But that’s not the point. I kissed Spike! Well, it was a small peck on the lips. On very nice lips. Granted, it wasn’t really steamy or intense or anything else spectacular, but it was something that I’ve wanted to do for a long time. And I think I may have scared him. He got this weird look on his face. I hope he doesn’t freak out about it.

Ever since my first day of school, I have had a crush on him. But I don’t know if he feels the same way. But he seemed to like me on our date tonight. Our date. And a very nice date it was. Did I mention it was the best date ever?? It was so different than any other date I’ve been on. You know the ones where I go out with some football jock who thinks he God’s gift. And then I spend the whole night either watching him get drunk with his football buddies or listening to endless stories of his football glory days. But this date…this date was amazing. I actually had a normal conversation with the guy and we got to know each other. Oh my gosh, I can’t believe I told him that I have telescopes! Truthfully, I used to be this major astronomy nerd. But sharing something so personal, to me anyway, and not having to worry that it would be all over school the next day, was nice. Me and a guy having a nice conversation. I totally trust him. And it’s weird, cause I hardly know him. Huh.

The ride home was ok. It was more silent than the ride over. We talked a bit about our classes and our most hated teachers. And then he walked me to my doorstep. We would have actually kissed, if the distraction from inside the house hadn’t happened. Anyway, he turned to leave and then I gave him my surprise kiss. Then I ran. I was completely terrified. What if he didn’t like it? What if he never wants to see me again? He probably ran in terror to his car after the surprise kiss, and especially after Anya screamed “You had sex!” Talk about embarrassing. I know he heard it. The neighbors probably heard it. My crazy uncle Milton probably heard it in LA. But he hears stuff all the time, so it probably doesn’t matter…

Anyway, once I calmed Anya down and told her what happened, she quit with the sex stuff. Then, slowly, I realized that mom was supposed to be home, and that, of course, the car wasn’t there. It’s still in the shop. Spike said they’re almost finished with it. So, I started to panic, until Anya and Fred told me she had called after I left saying she wouldn’t be home for at least two more days. Of course, they had no idea why I was panicking, when I had never panicked about her coming home before. So Anya started interrogating me. It was terrible. I think she suspects something. Fred just sat by, giving me funny looks behind Anya’s back, which put me in a fit of hysterics. Oh, come on, imagine serious Fred making a funny face and tell me you don’t think it’s funny. Anyway, Anya got pissed and stormed upstairs. I hope she’s not really mad. We made progress tonight. And I think she actually spent time with Fred. I’ll have to ask her later. Hmm. Sleepy time for me.

By the way, the crash that ruined our almost kiss, was Anya standing on a very shaky table, trying to look through the little windows at the top of the door. Why didn’t she look out the living room window?

**Spike**

Wow. Tonight was just wow. I can’t find the words to express how I’m feeling. Buffy kissed me. She kissed me! I had nothing to do with it. Well, I did, but she was the one who initiated it. And here I was, just hoping she would say yes to a bleedin’ date. And she accepted, and she kissed me. I think I’m making progress. I just hope she realizes that I actually like her and that I am not going out with her just for kicks. I can get my kicks in other ways, besides practically blackmailing a girl to date me. I mean I could start a bar fight…

Or, maybe I can kick that bloody poof’s arse. You know the broody one with hair that sticks straight up. I think he might be competition. Although he isn’t much of a challenge. But when it comes to Buffy, she seemed to like his bloody company. I just hope she doesn’t like it too much or I’m bloody well screwed.

I would think she had some sort of feelings for me, however small they may be at this moment, but feelings nonetheless. I enjoyed the date, and it seemed she did too. We talked and got to know each other. I can’t believe I told her that I used to write poetry. Bloody embarrassing. Now she’ll think I’m a poof.

And the ride home didn’t leave much to be desired. It was too quiet for my taste. I was bloody nervous. And afterwards, I walked her to her doorstep. We would have kissed then, if it hadn’t been for Anya’s bloody crash. Ruined a perfectly good moment. I’ll make sure I have a word with her on Monday. Tell her to stay out of the bleedin’ windows. I know her well enough to know what she was doing. Nosy little chit.

And then there was the kiss. Well, it was only a peck on the lips, but it was what I have been waiting for, for a while now. Maybe it will progress to more later, if she’ll go on another date with me. I wonder if she’ll even announce that we’re quote dating unquote. Probably not. But at least I do get to go to the Prom with her.

Hmm. Need more cigarettes. Maybe I should quit…