Chapter 17
Monday morning, Buffy woke up with a smile on her face. She got up, showered, and picked out her outfit for the day. She settled on a black skirt and a zebra-print tube top. She curled her hair, letting it fall around her shoulders. She checked herself in the mirror, and then bounced out of the room.

Buffy came down the stairs to hear Anya talking, she walked into the kitchen and grabbed a banana. Fred was sitting there, her face bright red.

“Fred, are you ok?” Buffy asked.

Fred nodded.

“Oh, I was just telling her the importance of orgasms to the complexion.” Anya said, nonchalant, as she buttered her toast.

Fred turned redder and Buffy giggled.

“Where do you find this stuff?” Buffy asked.

“Cosmo.” Anya answered, as if she was speaking to an idiot.

Buffy laughed, and Fred giggled along with her.

“What? It’s a perfectly respectable magazine.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy and Fred walked across the quad toward the others. Harmony saw Buffy and stopped them.

“Hi Harmony.” Buffy said.

“Oh, uh, hi Buffy. Um, Cordelia said that we were not supposed to be friends anymore.” Harmony said, looking around nervously.

“Well, she and I are not friends anymore. But I guess that does mean you too, huh?” Buffy answered.

“I-I guess so.” Harmony said, looking confused.

“Why don’t you think for yourself for once, ok?” Buffy said, smiling softly.

“Um, I gotta go.” Harmony said, quickly walking away.

Buffy turned to Fred.

“You know, she would probably be a decent person if it wasn’t for her habit of following everyone else around.” Buffy said.

“I’ve never actually had any problems with her.” Fred commented.

They started to walk again when Buffy stopped.

“Fred, I’ve been meaning to talk to you about something.” Buffy said.

Fred looked terrified.

“Oh, it’s not bad!” Buffy quickly amended.

Fred relaxed a little.

“Ok.”

“Yeah, well, I was wondering if maybe you liked a certain someone named Jesse.” Buffy asked, smiling.

Fred blushed and looked down.

“I-I do. He’s nice. But I don’t think he likes me.” Fred replied.

“Maybe you’ll be surprised.” Buffy told her, looking over at Spike, who had just joined the others.

“Oh!” Fred yelped.

Buffy jumped.

“What?”

“I meant to ask you about last night.” Fred said, smiling.

Buffy smiled.

“It was awesome, despite the encounter with the beast.”

“The beast?”

“Cordelia saw Spike and I together at the Bronze and flipped. Basically, I told her to shove it.” Buffy explained.

“That’s good. Anything else?”

“Well, I finally got smootchies! Well, a smootchie. Whatever, it was incredible!” Buffy gushed.

“Yay!” Fred giggled, hugging Buffy.

“I think he might be the one.” Buffy whispered, locking eyes with Spike. “I can feel it.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy stomped down the hallway. She hadn’t seen Spike yet, due to the fact that she and Fred spent too much time talking on the quad. And it was already fourth period, and she hadn’t seen him in class.

‘Maybe he’ll be at lunch.’ Buffy thought.

She dug in her purse for some change. As she rounded the corner, she hit something hard.

Buffy looked up and giggled. Spike smiled down at her.

“So, are you going to start tackling me again?” Spike asked, smirking.

Buffy rolled her eyes.

“You know you like it.”, she replied.

Then her eyes widened as she realized how sexual her comment had come out.

Spike chuckled and leaned against the wall next to her. Buffy leaned back as well, putting her purse on her shoulder.

“So, I, uh, missed you this morning. I got caught up talking to Fred. Why weren’t you in class?” Buffy asked.

“Missed me, eh?” Spike asked.

“Well, you are my boyfriend.” Buffy said, quietly.

“I am.” Spike agreed, moving closer.

“And it would make sense for me to want to see you.” Buffy continued.

“And me as well.” Spike agreed.

By now, Spike was leaning against Buffy, her back to the wall, and his hands on the wall on each side of her. He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers, running his tongue along her bottom lip. She parted her lips, allowing him to slip his tongue inside. As the kiss deepened, Buffy grabbed Spike’s shirt pulling him closer. Spike ran his hands down Buffy’s side, causing her to moan and clutch him closer.

“I was wondering where you…hello!” Jesse started, then quickly back up around the corner. “Goodbye!”

Spike and Buffy sprang apart. Buffy turned red, and ran her hands over her skirt.

“Jesse?” Spike asked, annoyed they had been interrupted.

“Yeah?” Jesse asked, from the other side of the corner.

He peeked around and gave a small wave.

“Sorry to interrupt Gropefest 2004, but the gang was wondering where you guys were.” Jesse said.

“We were just, uh…” Spike started.

Jesse put his hands up.

“No need to explain. I have enough Anya-Xander experience to just ignore it.” Jesse said.

Buffy continued to look at the floor. Spike watched Buffy.

“So.” Jesse said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jesse, Buffy, and Spike walked over to the gang. Jesse sat down next to Fred, who had accepted his invitation of dinner and a movie. Spike and Buffy sat down next to each other.

“So, where were you guys?” Xander asked, munching on a chicken finger.

“Oh, I found them in a corner. Or rather, around a corner.” Jesse said.

Spike smirked, shaking his head. Buffy blushed again.

“So, you guys are together then?” Willow asked.

Before Spike could answer, Buffy did.

“Yes we are. Got a problem?”

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to offend.” Willow stuttered.

“No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have snapped. It’s just everyone has seemed to have a problem with it.”

“Oh, it’s ok.” Willow said.

Then there was silence.

“Well, it didn’t seem like you two have a problem with it.” Jesse commented, hinting at their deal, and breaking the silence.

“Why would they have a problem?” Anya asked, suspicious.

“I just mean they get along very well, considering the way I found them.” Jesse said, grinning.

“How did you find them?” Xander asked.

“Oh, you know, with the making out…”

“What’s wrong with that?” Buffy asked, frustrated.

“…hands wandering in naughty places…”

“Naughty places?” Anya asked, grinning.

“No naughty places!” Buffy yelled. “It was just kissing!”

Her little outburst caused the nerd trio next to them to gawk at her. Buffy smiled and waved, causing one to blush, one to choke, and the other to giggle nervously. The others laughed.

“I was just teasing you know.” Jesse said.

“I didn’t find it funny.” Buffy pouted.

Spike chuckled, and put his arm around her waist, drawing her closer.

“Oh!” Jesse yelled, causing the others to flinch.

“We’re right here buddy.” Xander said.

“I just remembered Buffy and Spike, you guys need to stop by the garage and pick up that thing.” Jesse said.

“Right!” Buffy said, looking at Spike.

“I’ll drive.” Spike said.

“Thing?” Xander asked.

“Yeah, it’s a thing. That I need to get.” Buffy said.

The bell rang, saving them from interrogation, and they parted, each heading to class.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy met Spike at his car after classes ended for the day. They drove over to Jesse’s.

They walked in, where Jesse was inspecting the front of the car.

“So, does it look ok?” Jesse asked, standing back.

“It looks great. Thanks!” Buffy said, hugging Jesse.

“No problem.”

“So, how do we get this thing to the house?” Spike asked.

“Well, I was thinking that Buffy could drive the car, and you could tag along. And I’ll follow in your car.” Jesse told Spike.

“No. Spike can drive. I don’t trust myself with that thing.” Buffy said.

“Ok. So Spike drives, Buffy rides, and I follow. Sound good?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The car made it successfully into the Summers’ garage. Buffy and Spike said a quick goodbye, and Jesse and Spike left. Buffy walked into the house, where Fred greeted her from the sofa. Buffy was about to join her when the door opened.

“Hi girls! That was one of the longest trips. I hope I don’t have to go on any that long again. At least for a long while.” Joyce said, as she came in, struggling with her suitcase.

“Hi mom.” Buffy greeted, helping her slide the suitcase into the room.

“Hi Ms. Summers.” Fred said, standing in the doorway.

“Hello dear. Did you two have friends over? I saw a black car leaving the driveway when the taxi pulled up.” Joyce asked.

“Oh, yeah. That was Jesse, and my boyfriend.” Buffy told her.

“Boyfriend? Well, I’ll have to meet this boyfriend.” Joyce said, walking towards the kitchen.

Buffy and Fred breathed a sigh of relief.

“Talk about good timing.” Buffy said.

Fred giggled and followed Buffy into the kitchen.