Chapter 18


The week went by too fast for Buffy. All in all, it was a good week. She and Spike continued their little make out sessions and Fred and Jesse were going on their first date tonight. No one at school had made any comments about Buffy and Spike. To them, it just seemed natural that they were together.

Buffy stood in front of her closet trying to decide what to wear. She knew she should be helping Fred, but she wanted to look good for Spike. She finally settled on a black tube top mini dress that scrunched up on the sides, leaving little to the imagination. She left her hair down and let it fall around her shoulders in waves, just the way Spike liked it. Then she fastened a sparkly necklace around her neck.

“Holy crap, Buffy.”

Buffy turned around to face Anya.

“What? Does it look bad?”

Anya shook her head.

“You’re going to give Spike a semi.”

Buffy turned red.

“Maybe I should take my leather jacket with me.”

Buffy grabbed her jacket and purse and headed toward Fred’s room, Anya following behind her.

“Whoa.”

Buffy and Anya walked into the room. It looked like a disaster area. Buffy walked toward the closet where Fred was tossing out clothes.

“Fred.”

Fred jumped.

“I don’t have anything to wear!” she yelled, tripping over a shoe and falling face first into a pile of clothes.

Buffy and Anya winced and helped her up.

“You have lots of clothes.” Anya said, sifting through the mess. “Ooh, can I borrow this?”

Fred nodded.

“I look stupid!”

“Have you tried anything on?” Buffy asked.

Fred shook her head.

Buffy sighed and picked out a white sundress with spaghetti straps.

“Put this on. It’s cute yet comfy.”

Fred nodded and took the dress from Buffy quickly putting it on, while Anya was taking more clothes and Buffy searched for shoes.

They heard the doorbell ring, signaling that the guys had arrived. Fred shrieked and fell over another pair of shoes.

“Aha! Those are the ones I was looking for!” Buffy yelled, grabbing the shoes and shoving them at Fred.

Anya ran to the door.

“Just a minute!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Joyce opened the door for the three boys and ushered them in.

“So, you three are the girl’s dates for tonight?” she asked.

They nodded, each of them not daring to speak.

Joyce was about to speak again when the girls came down the stairs. Anya grabbed Xander and left. When Fred saw Jesse, she smiled, and they headed out. Buffy and Spike stood in the room.

“Hello, luv.”

“Hi Spike.”

Spike held out his hand, which Buffy eagerly grabbed.

“We’ll be back by midnight, ok?” Buffy asked her mother.

“That’s fine. Aren’t you going to introduce me to your boyfriend?” Joyce asked.

“Oh. Mom this is Spike. Spike, this is my mom. I’m sure you know each other.” Buffy said.

“Yes. We’ve met before.” Joyce said. “Well, you two better go and have fun.”

“Ok, mom.” Buffy said as she and Spike walked out the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy and Spike walked into the Bronze and headed over to the others.

“Hey guys.” Willow chirped from her perch on Oz’s lap.

“Hey Willow.” Buffy replied.

“Oh Buffy. Anya and I are going to go shopping for dresses tomorrow. You and Fred wanna come with?” Willow asked.

“Sure. I’d love to.” Buffy replied.

“Ok. I’ll drive. Pick you up at noon?”

“That sounds good.” Buffy nodded.

“It’s a date then.” Willow said, grinning and grabbing Oz to go dance.

“So, you want to dance, luv?” Spike asked.

“I’d love to.” Buffy replied.

Buffy shrugged her coat off and tossed it onto a chair. When she turned around, Spike was staring at her, mouth hanging open.

“What?” she asked.

Spike snapped out of his daze and looked up at Buffy.

“You look beautiful, pet.”

Buffy smiled and blushed.

Spike grabbed her hand and led her out onto the dance floor, wrapping her in his arms.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day, the girls arrived at the mall, ready for a day of shopping. Buffy had called Darla the night before and invited her, but she had already found a dress. They flitted from shop to shop, none of them finding the perfect dress.

They walked into another shop.

“I hope I find the right one here.” Willow said.

“I know. I’ve bought so much stuff and not even a dress yet.” Anya complained.

“That’s because you spent an hour in Victoria’s Secret.” Buffy said, laughing.

“So? At least I get orgasms.” Anya huffed, earning a slap on the arm by an old lady walking by.

“Ow. What the hell was that for?” Anya asked, setting her bags down.

“I think you offended her.” Fred said, before bursting into a fit of giggles.

Willow burst out of the dressing room wearing a hunter green dress with spaghetti straps and an open back.

“What do you think?” she asked, spinning around.

“It’s perfect, Will.” Buffy said.

Willow squealed and hurried into the dressing room to take it off.

Anya came out wearing a blue salsa dress that ended right above her knees at a slant.

“I think this is a very good one.”

Willow, who had already paid for her dress, nodded and gave the thumbs up sign.

Fred came out wearing a burgundy spaghetti strap dress with a low back.

“Is it too much?”

Anya and Willow shook their heads and gave her the thumbs up.

Finally, Buffy came out. She was wearing a spaghetti strap dress, which was pink, with a black sheer overlay, making it appear black and deep purple when she moved.

“Does it look ok?”

The three girls nodded, and Buffy went to change.

Once the girls had finished, they headed out.

“What are the odds that we would all find a dress in the same shop?” Willow asked, giggling.

“I liked that shop. Is it new?” Buffy asked.

“Yeah. It’s called Charisma. The dresses are made by this woman from New York, Charisma Gellar.” Anya told them.

“Wow. She has a good selection.” Fred commented.

“I know.” Willow replied.

“I wonder what the guys are up to today.” Buffy asked.

“I think they were supposed to getting their tuxes fitted.” Anya told them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“So, what’s the what with you and Buffy?” Xander asked, struggling with his tie.

“What are you talking about whelp?” Spike asked, struggling with his own tie.

“I’m talking about the fact that she never gave you the time of day and suddenly…bam! You’re dating her.” Xander explained.

Spike caught Jesse’s eye in the mirror and rolled his eyes. Jesse snickered and turned away.

“Maybe we like each other.” Spike replied.

Xander stopped messing with his tie and turned to Spike.

“And do you?”

Spike froze and looked at Xander.

“You know I do. Have ever since she got here.”

Jesse walked back into the room sans tux.

“Are you girls finished yet?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jesse caught Spike alone outside the shop.

“So, what’s with you and Buffy?” Jesse asked.

Spike sighed.

“You know what I want.”

“Why don’t you talk to her?” Jesse asked.

“I just don’t know if she feels the same way.”

“Oh, come on, Spike. Any idiot can see how much you two belong together.”

“You think so?” Spike asked.

“I know so.”