Chapter 19


The gang went back to school on Monday and the week flew by again. Saturday night arrived and the girls, well Willow, gathered at the Summers’ house to get ready.

Anya left her hair down, and curled it. Fred had her hair swept up, with a few tendrils hanging down to frame her face. Willow had her hair swept up as well. Buffy left hers down and had it curled, with a few crystals in her hair.

They waited upstairs for the guys to arrive in the limo so they could make their dramatic entrance.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The guys arrived in the limo and filed out. They rang the doorbell and Joyce answered.

“Oh, you boys look so handsome!” Joyce gushed, and ran off to the living room.

After hearing the doorbell, the girls came down one by one. Willow came down first, followed by Anya, Fred, and Buffy.

The group said their hellos and gathered for pictures at Joyce’s request. The others left quickly when Joyce’s camera ran out of film.

“Buffy.”

Buffy and Spike stopped and turned.

“I wanted to get a picture of you two.”

Spike smiled.

“Sure, Mrs. Summers.”

Spike wrapped his arm around Buffy and pulled her to his side. They smiled for the camera and Joyce waved them off, tears in her eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Once everyone was in the limo, they all started talking and laughing.

“Your mom takes so many pictures!” Willow said, laughing.

“I know. You should see her at Christmas!” Buffy replied.

“And the Fourth of July!” Anya added.

“The Fourth of July?” Spike asked.

“Fireworks!” Anya and Buffy yelled, bursting into laughter.

The others shook their heads, obviously not getting it, and shrugged it off as a Summers’ thing.

“So, where are we eating?” Xander asked, rubbing his hands together.

“The Antonia Graza.” Oz replied.

“Where’s that?” Fred asked.

“It’s an Italian restaurant on the other side of town, near the vineyards.” Oz explained.

“Ooh, Italian!” Buffy gushed, leaning against Spike.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The group arrived at the Antonia Graza and was seated. A waiter came over to take their orders and left, leaving them to chat amongst themselves.

Spike leaned over.

“You look gorgeous, pet.”, he whispered in her ear.

Buffy smiled.

“You don’t look too bad yourself. I think I like seeing you in a tux.” Buffy replied.

“Are you saying you don’t like my other clothes?” Spike asked, leaning closer.

“I like your other clothes. But the tux makes you look really sexy.” Buffy said, grinning.

“Sexy, huh?”

Before Buffy could respond, Spike leaned over and pressed his lips to hers.

“Hey!”

“What, whelp?” Spike asked.

Jesse grinned.

“Caught you again.”

“So? At least our hands weren’t…oh, what was it? Wandering in naughty places?” Buffy teased, sticking her tongue out at Jesse.

“How do we know?” Anya asked.

“What?” Spike asked.

“How do we know that your hands weren’t wandering? They’re under the table.” Anya said.

Buffy blushed and Spike chuckled.

“What’s wrong with a little kiss?” Spike asked.

“Little?” Willow asked, smirking.

“Trying to say something, Red?” Spike asked.

“Oh come on, we’ve all caught you two making out.” Xander said.

“I would think you’d at least get a closet like Xander and I do.” Anya commented.

“There’s nothing wrong with a little pda.” Fred commented.

Everyone looked at Fred, who grinned.

“What?”

“I think you’ve been around Anya too long.” Jesse said, laughing.

“Smootchies are good.” Willow said, giving Oz a grin.

Spike leaned over to Buffy.

“Why don’t we give them something to really talk about?” Spike asked.

Buffy giggled as she and Spike kissed hotly, making the gang laugh and whoop, as well as the others in the restaurant.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The gang arrived at the Bronze. The theme was A Midsummer Night’s Dream. There was a waterfall and arches, as well as a fairy circle, made of large pink and purple mushrooms, and a fountain.

They walked over to a table and put their things down and headed out to the dance floor.

An hour went by as they danced and it was time to announce the king and queen.

Harmony and Devon walked onto the stage.

“Hey, what’s up Razorbacks?” Devon yelled.

Everyone cheered. Buffy leaned against Spike and he wrapped his arms around her.

“So, who do you think it’ll be?” Buffy asked.

Spike leaned down and kissed her neck.

“Should be you.”

Buffy giggled.

“Ok, everyone. It’s time to announce the King and Queen of the Prom!” Harmony yelled, squealing as she jumped up and down.

Devon whooped again and held up and envelope.

“Here it is!” he yelled.

Buffy saw Angel and Darla and called out to them. They walked over and Buffy gave Darla a hug.

“You’re showing a little more.” Buffy said, as she resumed her position with Spike.

“Yep. Not too long now. A few more months.” Darla said, patting her belly.

“So, Angel, ready to go accept your crown?” Buffy asked, smirking.

“Pssht.” Angel rolled his eyes.

Spike chuckled.

Harmony was still onstage talking, when someone yelled, “Get on with it!”

She giggled and ripped open the envelope.

“And the King of Prom 2004 is….Spike Giles!” Harmony yelled.

Spike froze.

“What?”

“They said your name you doofus! Go get your crown you hunky king!” Buffy yelled, laughing hysterically.

Spike reluctantly walked up to get his crown and the crowd cheered.

Harmony placed the crown on his head. Devon ripped open the other envelope.

“And the Queen of Prom 2004 is…”

Cordelia smoothed her hair down and grinned.

“Buffy Summers!”

“What!” Cordelia yelled.

Buffy stopped laughing.

“What?” she asked, repeating Spike’s earlier question.

Spike pointed at her and beckoned her to him.

Buffy walked up to the stage and Devon placed the crown on her head.

“Whoo!” Devon yelled. “Let’s party people!”

Buffy and Spike walked off the stage laughing.

“What the hell was that?” Buffy asked.

“I have no clue. How the bloody hell did I win the crown?”

They returned to the table where the gang sat.

“Who nominated us?” Buffy asked.

The others shrugged.

“Let’s dance, my queen.”

They watched as Buffy and Spike headed out onto the dance floor.

“Do you think they suspect anything?” Willow asked.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The night ended and the gang, plus Angel and Darla, headed to the Summers’ house. Everyone changed and headed downstairs to watch a movie. By the first half hour of Underworld, everyone was asleep except Buffy and Spike. Buffy stood up and tugged on Spike’s hand, leading him to the kitchen.

“So, deal’s over.” Buffy stated, pointing to the clock that read midnight.

Spike’s face fell and he nodded.

“Right, then.”

“But, since the car looks so nice, I’m willing to extend it indefinitely.” Buffy said, grinning.

“Just because of the car?” Spike asked, smirking.

“And the tux.”

“What about…us?” Spike asked, moving closer.

“And us. I like us. If you like us?” Buffy said, afraid he would reject her.

“I like us too. But I like you more.”

“You know, I forgot about the deal.” Buffy said.

“Really?”

“Yep. So, are you going to ask me out anytime soon?” Buffy asked, smirking.

“I thought we covered that, my queen.” Spike replied, kissing her neck.

“That’s good.” Buffy said.

Buffy wrapped her arms around Spike as he leaned her against the counter and claimed her mouth.

“I swear, my brain’s gonna be so warped by the time I graduate.” Jesse mumbled, turning from the kitchen, the couple oblivious to his presence.