AN: Sorta a sad story. But I promise a happy ending.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Sweet girl follow me into the sky, and let me see what you dream of. Will I see prince charming holding your hand, or will the sea wash it away.” Buffy sang quietly as she rocked back and forth on her small bed. She glanced around the small white room. Shivering, she brought her knees, clad in a pair of cotton white pants under her chin. She wrapped her arms around them and willed the icy feeling that enveloped her daily to spare her some mercy. Tears rolled down her cheeks as the memories flooded her mind.


//Flashback//

Buffy woke with a start as she heard yelling. A chill ran up her spine as there was crash. She grabbed Mr. Gordo and hugged him tightly to her chest. She slowly pushed her blanket to the side and quietly slid to the floor. It felt cold against her bare feet. It felt a little colder than usual in the house and she was grateful that she had on her fuzzy pink ‘Hello Kitty’ pajamas. She slid on her purple slippers and headed towards the door to the hall. Her golden blonde hair fell across her face and she quickly pushed it away. She pushed the door open slowly and peaked out.

“No! Don’t!” Buffy heard her father yell as a man in a black mask kick her mother in the gut. Her mother let out a grunt as his shoe came in contact with her sensitive belly. She was laying sopping on the hard wood food.

Buffy covered her mouth with her hand to suppress a scream bubbling from deep in her heart. Her eyes glazed over as another man hit her father for his out burst. He was being held by two men. He winced but recovered quickly as he heard soft crying on the leather couch. Dawn, Buffy’s three years old sister was sitting on the lap of a strange woman. Buffy fear was more intense when she saw the silver blade that was held against her baby sister’s throat. Buffy pushed the door open further and tip toed down the hall. The people were too preoccupied to notice her.

Buffy slipped through the kitchen door. She pulled a chair up against the wall with a phone on it. Buffy hardly breathed trying her hardest to keep from making a sound. She crawled onto it and stood on her toes trying to reach the phone. Tears of frustration clouded her vision when she realized that the phone was just out of her reached. She dropped down on her knees and squeezed her eyelids shut. A sob left her lips which she instantly regretted as she heard footsteps heading her way. Buffy scrambled to her feet and spun around searching for a place to hide. She quietly ran toward the sink and crawled into the cabinet under it. She left it open so she could see what was happening.

One man came through the door followed by Buffy’s father and Dawn. Her mother was bleeding severely and was being dragged in by her hair. Buffy bit her bottom lip as tears ran down her reddening cheeks. Dawn’s face was red and puffy from crying and she had blood dripping from a cut on her cheek right under her left eye. Her father wasn’t fairing much better. He was rapidly loosing blood from a gash on his forehead. He was forming a black eye and had a bloody nose. Trying to keep the blood out of his eyes, he winced when hand brushed against his swelling eye.

“I swear I heard something.” One man said looking around obviously puzzled.

The woman glared at him. She punched him on the shoulder and smirked when he grimaced. “Idiot! Stop waisting our time.”

She looked around and smiled evilly as she spotted a knife stand on the counter. Grabbing a knife and pulling it out she turned back to the rest of her gang she added, “Maybe this little trip to the kitchen wasn’t that useless.”

It was a large knife with a white handle. Buffy recognized it as the one her father used on Thanksgiving to carve the turkey. The fear for her family was making it difficult to breath and she had to stuggle not to start gasping.

As the hour went by Buffy had closed the cabinet door completely. It didn’t help that the screams would get so loud that she doubt that she’s ever be able to forget the pain that shot through her heart. The hours started to blur together and Buff started to give up all hope that they’d leave. Her cheeks were stained with her tears and her lips were dry. She felt a constant pain in her back as she crouched around her knees. Her throut was dry and there was a pounding in her head caused by her muffled sobs.

“Come on. Let’s go. This is starting to get boring.” Buffy raised her head from her lap as she heard the feminine voice.

“Yeah. It is isn’t it?” Another agreed. Buffy heard shuffling feet and than heard the front door open.

Crawling out of the cabinent she winced at the sun light coming from the partially opened window. It took a few minutes for her eyes to adjust and her eyes whidened. Her scream pierced the deafening silence that had permeated the house.

There was blood every where. She backed away slowly until she was pressed into a corner. She slid down the wall and brought a shaky hand to her lips.

She rocked back and forth. Tears came to her eyes and she was amazed she had any more tears left in her. She stared blankly at the wall across the room. It was the only place she could stand to look at due to the fact that it was the only part in the room that wasn’t smeared with blood.

A song that her mother used to sing to her repeated itself in her mind and she softly sang along with it, “ Sweet girl follow me into the sky, and let me see what you dream of. Will I see prince charming holding your hand, or will the sea wash it away”

//End Flashback//






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~