Author's Chapter Notes:
At bottom
“So basically, Spike and I both occasionally have visions by ourselves, so when you put it together it’s like…Slayervision Film Festival?”

“Something like that, yes,” Giles said, polishing his glasses. “I really don’t understand it, myself.”

“I think I do.” Jenny shrugged when everyone looked at her incredulously. “What? It’s simple. Male half.” She pointed at Spike. “Female half.” Now her finger moved to Buffy. “Put them together to make a whole, and they’re stronger.”

Everyone stared at her incredulously. Finally, Buffy shook her head. “Techno-pagan,” she said by way of explanation. “They’re a little nutty.”

“Makes sense to me.” Spike leered at her. “Two halves that fit t’gether perfectly, ‘f you get my meanin’.”

“You’re disgusting,” Buffy informed him prissily.

“Like you’re much better. I seem to remember a certain amount of moan—“

“OK, that’s enough!” Jenny clapped her hands energetically. “Who’s up for a trip to the Magic Box?”

Giles declined for both himself and Spike, a move that Buffy was pretty sure pissed the other Slayer off to no end. She eagerly accepted the invitation. Time spent alone with Jenny was always of the good, and anyway, she’d be glad to be away from Spike for awhile.

Yeah, sure. And pigs are going to sprout wings and fly, right? part of her said sarcastically as she and her Watcher walked down the street towards the magic shop.

Well, anything’s possible, another part shot back.

Buffy groaned out loud. She wasn’t just talking to herself—she was arguing. “I am so headed for the loony bin.”

Jenny glanced at her. “Not that I don’t have a huge list of reasons, but why?”

“I’m arguing with myself. There are two little voices in my head, and they’re arguing!” Belatedly, Buffy realized that she was yelling.

Jenny wasn’t the only person eyeing the Slayer askance. “These voices don’t happen to be telling you to—“

“Go all hatchety-murdery? No, they’re arguing about Sp—never mind.” Stupid mouth and its stupid blurting. She knew that Jenny knew about Spike and what had gone on, but she so didn’t want to talk about it.

Jenny didn’t seem to care. “You were arguing with yourself about Spike?” she asked, grinning wickedly. “Why does that not surprise me?”

“I wasn’t arguing about Spike! I was arguing about—um—sporks.”

“Sporks.” Now she just sounded flat-out disbelieving. “Now, why do I not believe that?”

“I dunno.” The Slayer grinned at her Watcher innocently. “I was just thinking, what’s up with sporks? Because they’re mostly spoons, not forks, the little pointy things are like this big—“ she held up her fingers—“So, really, they should call them spooks, or something.”

“Buffy. It’s worrying me a little that you’re being so secretive. You told me everything you did with Owen. I don’t like being out of the loop.”

“That’s because Owen was…Owen,” Buffy replied. “It’s different with Spike. It’s—“

“More important?” Jenny finished for her.

Buffy sighed. “I don’t know.”

They entered the magic shop and started browsing the shelves for the supplies they needed. For a little while, they were silent. Then Jenny asked, “Are you ever going to tell me?”

Buffy shrugged, a sly smile on her face. “Are you ever going to tell me about you and Giles?”

She had the pleasure of seeing Jenny reduced to spluttering. “It was—there was nothing—“ She stopped and said stiffly, “The current sleeping arrangement is entirely for yours and Spike’s benefit.”

“Really? So when you told me that romantic attachments were unneeded distractions, you were just kidding?”

Jenny sighed. “You are so annoying sometimes. Giles and I are two adults. What we do together is no one’s business but our own. You, however, are my Slayer, and if I want to know what’s going on with you and another Slayer—“

“Omigod!” Buffy pointed a finger at the older woman. “You are so pulling rank on me just so I’ll give you dishy details about me and Spike!”

“Aha! There is a you and Spike!” Jenny snapped her fingers in triumph.

Buffy rolled her eyes and got a bottle of newt eyes from the shelf. “There was kissing. That’s all.”

“I knew it!” Jenny crowed triumphantly.

“Wait—didn’t you see us? We were going at it in the middle of the hallway.” She cocked her head, regarding her Watcher speculatively. “Unless you were busy doing something else…”

Jenny’s cheeks were suddenly very, very red.

Buffy gave a derisive snort. “Groping in the library,” she said scornfully, as though she and Spike hadn’t been doing the same thing in the hallway. “Could you be any more hormone-ey?”

“Why don’t we just get the rest of the supplies?” Jenny glared at her laughing Slayer. “You can get the cow patties.”

“Cow patties? What the hell kind of spell are you going to be doing?”

“Actually, it’ll be a spell on you and Spike,” Jenny said absentmindedly, picking up some thyme. “We need to retrieve that vision you two had.”

Buffy blanched. “Okay, so don’t want to relive that! It was disgusting, Jenny. Like walking into a nest of master vampires, only a million times worse.”

Jenny winced at the mention of master vampires—they’d both had some bad experiences in that department. “Yeah, I kinda got that it was bad from all the screaming you two were doing. But it’s necessary. If that was a prophetic vision, we need to know what’s coming.”

What’s coming. With a sinking stomach, Buffy all of a sudden remembered exactly who and where she was: a Slayer on top of a very active Hellmouth. Spike’s arriving had drawn her attention away from that for awhile, but the vision had made it come back. She could practically feel the weight of the world dropping back on her shoulders.

The only difference was that this time she knew she was sharing it with someone. The problem was that she couldn’t figure out if she was happy about that or not…it was great that there was another Slayer, of course, but couldn’t he have been nice and harmless, like that goony Scott Hope guy who was always trying to get her to go out with him? Why’d it have to be someone as annoying as Spike?

On the other hand, she was pretty sure that Scott would scream like a girl if he ever saw a demon, and she knew from experience that when it came to Spike, it was the other way around. Of all the people she could have guarding her back, he definitely wasn’t the worst.

And it helps that he’s a really great kisser and hotter than hell, right, Buffy? a little voice in her head said sarcastically.

“Buffy!”

“Huh?” Oh. Jenny was snapping her fingers impatiently in front of Buffy’s eyes. “Sorry. I was—“

“Daydreaming about a certain British guy?” Jenny teased.

“Like you don’t do the same thing.” She quickly scanned the table she’d been standing at and saw the brown box, labeled “cow patties, 3.19” in hurriedly scrawled permanent marker. She grinned and picked it up. “Here we go. Cow crap.”

“Buffy,” Jenny admonished her as they walked towards the counter, “how many times have I told you—“

“That even crap is a cussword?” Buffy rolled her eyes. “Jenny, that is so 50s…”

They were bickering jokingly all the way back to the library.


~*~

A/N: So, so sorry updating took so long...I'm kind of sick, so I recognize there's a chance that this chapter sucks balls. But thanks over and over for all the great reviews! *huggles* They made me so happy =)