Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope this chapter clears a few things up for you guys =) Thanks over and over for all the incredible reviews, it's wonderful to know you guys enjoy that I write! *HUGS*
~*~

“Drusilla?”

Buffy couldn’t believe her ears—or her eyes. “I thought you said she wasn’t coming back!”

Angel’s face twitched; on a normal person, it might have been a grimace. But then, Angel was neither normal, nor a person. “I thought she wasn’t.”

She put her hands on her hips and fixed him with a narrow-eyed glare. “Explain.”

“Buffy, it’s—“

“If you say complicated,” she said calmly, “There’s a very good chance you’ll get the kind of splinter that makes you go all dusty.”

He looked hurt. Well, she couldn’t really blame him—she was being an uber-bitch. But hey, his crazy-ass ex had masqueraded as Spike. She’d made out with his crazy-ass ex. As far as Buffy was concerned, he definitely deserved a little abuse of the verbal variety. “Why are you being like this?” he asked her.

Oh, great. Hurt-puppy look. “Why am I being like this? Angel, your vampire ex just decided to go all lesbo on me! She made me think she was Spike!” Oops. Buffy stopped, realizing belatedly that she was screaming at him in the middle of the Bronze.

“Someone call my name?”

She turned around to a very welcome sight: the other Slayer was standing just behind her, holding two drinks and looking puzzled. “Buffy, who the ruddy hell is that? And who’s the chit on the floor?”

Buffy sighed. Oh, goody, ‘spainey-time. My favorite. “Angel,” she said wearily, “Meet Spike, the other Slayer. Spike, meet Angel, the vampire with a soul. And Drusilla, who’s the crazy vampire on the floor.”

Predictably, both men exploded. “Vampire with a soul? How the hell is that even possible? An’ ‘f that girl’s a vamp, why isn’t she staked?” Spike demanded, coming closer to examine the unconscious body on the floor.

“Slayer? Captain Peroxide there is a Slayer?” For the first time since she’d known him, Angel was sneering.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Okay, you can tone down the sarcasm,” she informed him. “Yeah, Spike’s a Slayer. It’s a long story, okay? And so is the soul-having thing,” she cut in hastily before Spike could say anything, “So can we just not?”

Spike instantly looked concerned. “What’s wrong, pet?” he asked, setting down the drinks. “Did she hurt you?”

No, she just made me think you were all horny and wanted to go at it in the stairwell. Buffy blushed bright red. “Um, no…she was just doing mind trick things. Drusilla’s kind of psycho that way.”

“Wait—Drusilla? The vamp’s got a name and you haven’t killed her yet?”

“Geez, anal much?” Buffy snapped. “Of all times to go uber-Slayer, now is very bad. Drusilla is Angel’s ex, okay? When Angel was all grr he drove her nuts and then vamped her. So it’s kind of a touchy-feely thing.”

Now he didn’t look pissed off, just amused. “Your life’s a ruddy soap opera, did you know?” he said, looking at Drusilla with new speculation. “So the poof used to be evil?”

“Huh?” Buffy frowned. “What’s a poof?”

He smirked, nodding at Angel. “I b’lieve in the States the polite term is faggot.”

Okay. That really shouldn’t have amused her as much as it did—and she shouldn’t have had to suppress a giggle at the look on Angel’s face.

“You’re steppin’ out of line, boy,” he muttered, glaring at Spike.

The blonde only snorted derisively. “Right. An’ what’re you gonna do, Peaches, kill me? ‘ve staked more of your kind than I can count.”

“Only takes one,” Angel shot back.

Okay. Enough was enough—and Buffy didn’t really want to have to stake Angel, but she totally would if he so much as tried to kill Spike. “Can we stop it with the macho pissing contest, please?” she said impatiently. “Because seriously, I came here to have fun.”

Spike abruptly dropped the glaring act. “Right,” he said, dismissing Angel, “What’re you gonna do ‘bout the bint there?”

“I’ll take care of her,” Angel muttered.

Buffy smiled at him, hoping to smooth the situation over. “Thanks, Angel.”

Oh, great. Now Spike was glaring at her, and Angel was looking distinctly smug. “I’m glad to be able to take care of it, Buffy.”

Now it was her turn to look annoyed. “Don’t push it, Angel.”

“Right.” He bent down and picked Drusilla up; a second later he was gone. It was a testament to how weird Sunnydale was, Buffy thought wryly, that not a single person seemed to think it was weird to see a broody-looking guy carrying out a pale girl in a dress.

“Well, that was one of the stranger things to happen since ‘ve got here,” he remarked. “Is it always this wonky ‘round here?”

Buffy shrugged, willing herself to forget what had happened with Drusilla. It wasn’t Spike, it was a crazy vampire…it was just someone who looked like Spike, and God it was sexy…no! Not sexy! Sick and wrong!

“Pet? You there?”

“Huh?” Buffy looked up, startled. Spike was watching her with a concerned look on his face. “Um, yeah. Sorry.” She forced herself to smile. “I just got all spacey.”

“Right, then.” She could tell he didn’t altogether believe her, but luckily he dropped the subject. “So, now that I’ve got you to m’self again…” he began with a suggestive grin.

“Nuh-uh.” She shook her head resolutely. “No way are you weaseling your way out of meeting my friends.”

“Oh, c’mon.” He pouted at her—she could almost feel her knees getting weaker. “Please?”

Scratch that. She could feel her knees getting weaker, and she didn’t like it. Not one single bit. “No,” she snapped. “Now come on. I’ve kept them waiting long enough.” She started walking back towards her friends, hoping that he decided to follow.

Funny how even above the music she could heard him muttering angrily—but luckily, he set off after her.

Willow and Xander were chatting companionably when she got back. “Hey, Buff,” Xander greeted her. “Took you long enough.”

She fought off a blush. No. You didn’t do anything wrong, because the whole thing with Drusilla was totally fake. And the fact that you thought it wasn’t and that Spike was coming on to you even before that doesn’t mean anything. Nope. Not a single thing.

“There was, um, trouble,” she stuttered. “Drusilla’s back.”

“Oh—oh wow.” Willow’s eyes bugged out. “Back as in…”

“Back as in, fully sane, powerful, and doing the weird mind tricks,” Buffy finished for her.

“Oh, God. She’s not going to try to vamp me again, is she?” Xander asked. “Because not so big on the fang-having. And hey, is that Spike?”

“Um, yeah. Spike, this is Willow and Xander.” Her friends nodded at the guy beside her with a lot more equanimity than Buffy herself could have managed. “Willow and Xander, this is Spike.”

“An’ these two pals ‘f yours know about you bein’ the Slayer, right?” Spike asked, smirking.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “No, Spike, everybody in Sunnydale knows about Drusilla and other vampires.”

“Actually, it’s entirely possible that they do,” Xander pointed out as Buffy and Spike sat down. “I mean, how high does a town’s body count have to be before people start getting suspicious?”

“Pretty high, apparently,” Willow said.

Spike snorted. “’s the sun,” he said. “Fries all your delicate Yank brains—ow!” he broke off to glare at Buffy, who’d jabbed her elbow into his ribs. “Bit delicate there, pet.”

“Oh, please,” she said, rolling her eyes. “What happened to you that you could possibly be—“ she broke off, realizing that he was looking at her with what could only be called cynical amusement. Blood rushed to her cheeks when she recalled exactly why both of them have bruises. “Um—never mind,” she said in a small voice, hurriedly taking a sip of her Pepsi and darting glances at Xander and Willow. Her friends didn’t look confused—no, to her humiliation, they actually looked embarrassed.

“So, you two…got in a fight?” Willow asked, looking doubtful.

Spike smirked. “You could say that,” he said, giving Buffy a lascivious look. “Was certainly violent enough…”

Okay. That was it. Buffy narrowed her eyes at him dangerously. “I kicked his ass,” she said to her friends, keeping her eyes on Spike, “Because he was getting on my nerves.”

“You kicked my ass? That what you’re gonna be tellin’ people, Slayer?”

“Wait—you did something to his ass? Buffy, that’s disgusting!”

“I didn’t!” Buffy exclaimed, mortified. “We just got in a fight!”

“Got in a fight? You had your hands aaall over my hot little bod,” he teased, running a hand up and down her back.

She threw it off violently. “If you’re going to be such a jerk, Spike, why don’t you just leave.”

He had the nerve to look wounded. Wounded! After all the crap he’d just said about her! “I was just kiddin’, Slayer. D’you really think now’s the time to be so damn touchy?”

She was about to respond with exactly what she thought about him accusing her of being touchy when she happened to catch a glimpse of Willow and Xander’s expressions. They both looked completely disbelieving of her behavior.

She closed her mouth, feeling incredibly disgruntled. “Sorry,” she muttered. “I’m just in a bad mood.”

“’s alright, kitten,” Spike said, grinning at her. “So, how’d you two find out ‘bout Goldilocks, here?”

Xander and Willow immediately starting talking about how they and Buffy had come to be friends. It made for an interesting story—interesting enough that, to her relief, Buffy didn’t have to talk much. Aside from answering the occasional question, she was silent for the rest of the night…mulling over the problem that was Drusilla.

~*~

Angel slipped through the alleyways quickly, wanting to get Drusilla deposited somewhere quickly. He planned on taking her and putting her in the middle of the town, where she’d dust the second sunlight touched her.

Just because he couldn’t bring himself to stake her didn’t mean he wanted her threatening Buffy.

He rounded a corner and came to what passed for the town square. He lay her down gently on the bricks, wincing when her head hit them; well, he did have a soul. And when he was Angelus, Drusilla had been important to him.

He watched he for a moment; being a vampire, she didn’t have to breath, so it was difficult to tell if she was ever going to wake up. But then, he didn’t care. You can’t care, he told himself firmly. Drusilla was evil; that was all there was to it. Resolutely, he turned and began to walk away.

He’d gotten two streets away from where his former love lay in the moonlight when he sensed another presence. He whirled around, shifting into game face. “Who’s there?’ he snarled angrily.

“Angel?”

He relaxed immediately. “Buffy. What are you doing out here?”

She stepped forward hesitantly. “I just…I wanted to make sure you handled Drusilla alright.”

He gave a harsh laugh. “What’s she to you?” he asked, unable to keep the mocking tone out of his voice.

The Slayer smiled faintly. “I know she matters to you,” she said, walking closer, keeping her eyes on Angel. “I know…how you feel about her.”

Angel took a step back and fell onto what appeared to be a mattress. The fact that there was a mattress in the middle of a street didn’t strike him as odd, for some reason…he knew it should…

“Buffy—“ he began—but he halted when he saw that she stood in front of him, wearing nothing at all.

“Shh,” she said, putting her finger to his lips. “Now’s not the time for talking.”

Before he had a chance to say anything—before he could protest, ask a question, or even gasp out her name—she had flicked open his fly and drawn him inside of her.

Heat. Soft, squeezing fire, all around him, fire that he hadn’t felt in almost one hundred years. Angel let out a strangled cry, gripping Buffy’s hips, forcing her down further on his cock. Buffy only smiled and moved her hips against his, bringing him closer, closer…

When he exploded, his eyes and mouth opened in a strangled cry—one that became very real when he saw who was riding him, who suddenly vamped and sank her teeth into his neck. But it was too late; his orgasm had come upon him, and all he could do was ride it out as the vampire drank from him. “Buffy!” he gasped, a prayer, a cry for help—and then he passed out on the mattress.

Minutes slid by; the vampire next to him cooed and kissed him, lapping up blood from the rapidly healing wound.

A little while later his eyes opened—yellow—predatory. He could feel the hunger, rising up in him. Hatred. Cold, crystalline fury. The need to torture, to feed, to kill.

Angelus turned to a sex-rumpled, smiling Drusilla. The younger vampire cupped his face, cutting her thumb on one of his fangs and hissing in delight when he sucked the blood from it.

“Welcome back, Daddy.”

~*~