Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm finally back! Thank you so much for all of the reviews while I was away. I'm so glad you all liked it. Thanks to my beta Jess (go read her story "In God's Eyes"). Happy New Year!
CHAPTER 24

I awoke the next morning to a groan coming from beside me. William shifted into a sitting position and cradled his head in his hands. “Oh god, how much did I drink last night? My head is pounding.”

“A lot, you weren’t happy with just drunk, you had to be wasted.” I said as I got up into a sitting position as well. “You look like hell.”

“I feel like hell.” Will said as he looked at the half empty bottle of wine next to the mattresses. “We actually drank some of the fourth bottle? I don’t even remember opening that one, let alone drinking it.”

Oh, god, I thought. If he doesn’t remember opening the last bottle, that probably means he doesn’t remember all of the badness that came after it with the grinding and the kissing. “What’s the last thing you remember?” I asked, trying to figure out where his memory left off.

“I remember doing the wheelbarrow position and then it starts to get hazy. Am I supposed to add lunges to my exercise routine? I remember some other ones with your legs up in the air and I think I liked one where I was kneeling in front of you.” Will answered.

“Yeah, well that was pretty much all of them.” Ok, so he definitely didn’t remember the grinding.

“What time is it? We need to get downstairs.” Will said.

“I don’t know, you’re the one with the watch.” I snipped back. I couldn’t believe he didn’t remember anything. I had to carry this guilt myself when it was his stupid fault. ‘Oh live a little, Dawn and Connor did it,’ he had said, roping me into those stupid positions.

“Shit, it’s twenty past nine. Grandmother would have already served breakfast. We have to get downstairs now.” Will stood up quickly and swayed on his feet. “Hurry, Elizabeth!”

I stood up shakily as well and stopped him before he could go downstairs looking as disheveled as he did. “Will, your shirt. You have to tuck it in.”

“What? Why?” He said looking down, noticing the darker stain on his shirt from where he came last night. “Fuck. I had a wet dream; I haven’t had one of those in years. I drank way too much. Did I even make it until midnight?” He asked me while tucking in his shirt.

“Ya think?” I said sarcastically in agreement with him drinking too much, and he didn’t even know the half of it. “And yes, you made it to midnight, though just barely. You passed out right afterwards.” I said angrily. He thought he had a wet dream! He couldn’t even remember that I was the one that made him screw his eyes up in pleasure. Stupid boys. Wait. I shouldn’t be angry, this was better. This way I could just ignore it all. I’d push the guilt to the back of my mind, blame it on the alcohol and make sure it never happened again. Problem solved. “Let’s go.”

When we opened the door to our room from the attic, I immediately knew that the problem wasn’t solved, but was just about to get bigger. The twins were standing stiff straight over at the windows side by side, looking directly at grandmother who was silently fuming.

“Where have you been?” She said angrily.

“We were just up in the attic. We went up there this morning to straighten some stuff out.” Will said.

“Don’t lie to me!” Drusilla yelled. “I’ve been standing down here for thirty minutes. There was no one moving around up there. And look at you. Do you think I’m stupid? Your clothes are all disheveled and your hair is unruly as if you were just waking up. You slept up there. Together!” She shrieked, her fists clenched at her side.

“No, it wasn’t like that.” I said, shaking my head.

“Oh, please then tell me what it was like, sinner.” She crossed her arms and glared at me.

“We were just up there to bring in the New Year. We fell asleep, that’s it.”

“So you admit that you slept up there and that your brother was lying?” Dru smirked maliciously.

“Yes, but not in the way that you make it sound.” I pleaded.

“And how do I make it sound?” Dru asked.

“Like we were doing something wrong.” I replied without making eye contact, trying hard to forget the feel of Will’s hardness driving into me in the Wife of Indra position.

“Dawn?” Dru asked, suddenly calm.

“Y-y-yes.”

“Do you remember the rules I gave you that very first night you came here?”

“Y-y-yes.”

“What was rule number one?”

“Girls and boys were not to share the same bed.” Dawn replied quietly.

“Very good, Dawn. I’m glad to see you were listening.” Dru smiled cruelly over at Will and me. “I told you the Lord sees everything, even in the attic. That rule still stands up there and if you slept up there, that means you slept up there together. You will be punished for disobeying me!” She yelled.

She walked over to the breakfast cart and put the food on the table. “Enjoy this meal because this will be the last one that you have for a while. You will fast in atonement for your sins. You will be getting no food until I feel like you have learned your lesson.”

“What? You can’t do that!” Will yelled at her. “And the twins didn’t do anything. If you’re going to punish someone, punish me and Elizabeth. We broke the rules, not them.”

“You should have thought of that before you blatantly lied to me to cover up another one of your sins. You should have thought of that before you decided to lay all night with your sister!” Dru’s eyes were bulging in fury. “I should have expected this as the apple does not fall far from the tree. You are all the Devil’s spawn! Born from sin! An abomination in the eyes of God!” Grandmother’s whole body was shaking with the force of her words. “You will all be punished to atone for these sins! Obey my rules and the rules of the Lord or you will be forsaken!” She pointed at us all with an evil stare before leaving the room in a flurry, clutching at the cross around her neck.

We all stared at the door in silence for a moment before Will spoke. “Dawn, Connor. We’re sorry, we didn’t mean for this to happen.” He looked over at them and Dawn was close to tears. “Dawnie, don’t cry. It will be alright. We’ll stretch this breakfast out for the rest of the day and we have some food in the mini-fridge. We’ll be fine for at least a week.”

I took a mental inventory in my head of what we had over in the refrigerator and decided that Will may have been stretching it a bit. There was some fruit, six cups of yogurt, three pudding cups, baby carrots and vegetable dip, peanut butter, jelly, some cold cuts and cheese. We also had a box of crackers, a half a loaf of bread and two bags of chips on top of the refrigerator. For four of us to last a week, we were going to be eating in very small portions, but I guess it was doable. The only problem was we had no idea how long grandmother was going to stop feeding us for, and if it went longer than a week we were going to run out of food.

“Now, eat your breakfast and don’t worry about it. Elizabeth and I will take care of you.” He stood up and rubbed at his shoulder. “I’m going to take a long shower, my body is achy. I think I did something to my shoulder last night, it’s kind of sore.” He was rotating his arm as he walked into the bathroom.

I blushed as I remembered biting down on my brother’s flesh as I climaxed in his arms. Grandmother was right – the Lord did see everything, and now we were being punished for the unholy nature of our actions. I rubbed at my temples and walked over to eat breakfast with the twins. I tried to put on a happy face, but it was difficult under the weight of the guilt and shame I was feeling.