Author's Chapter Notes:
Author's Note: It feels like forever since I posted a new chapter. Thanks for all the reviews, please keep them coming! Also, I'm posting this over at adultfanfiction.net as well.
CHAPTER 27

It had been a week since Valentine’s Day and William’s birthday was only a few days away. I was sitting in the bath tub trying to think of a way to make Will’s birthday unforgettable. Will always tried so hard to make every special occasion stand out for everyone, whether it was through writing a story or thinking of something different to do to celebrate the day. I wanted to return the favor for him, to make his birthday something to remember, especially since he didn’t really get to celebrate his own last year being so close to dad’s death. But William was selfless and probably thought drinking with Andrew was enough.

My confidence in mother was non-existent, so I didn’t think she would show up for his birthday. I couldn’t see her popping in with pizza and tears in her eyes after two months of not seeing her children. She had to know she couldn’t just make it all better with some kind words and a thoughtful gesture, not after all this time. I would make her explain her absence, and after what Will had said to me the other night when he was comforting me, I wondered if he was starting to question her a little too.

Still thinking of what I could do for William, I ran my hands over my legs with the mango smelling shower gel that mom had got me for my birthday, which gave me an idea. I looked over to the basket sitting on the counter and all the different bottles inside. I didn’t think it would be appropriate for me to do what I was thinking to my brother, but if mother didn’t show up it was going to be horrible. William was so sensitive about these types of things and I needed to go over the top if I wanted to make him forget about mother.

I stood up from the bath and wrapped one of the fluffy blue towels around my body, making my way over to the vanity. Searching through the bottles, I found what I was looking for. Nestled among the lotions and gels were four different scented bottles of massage oil – vanilla, cinnamon, jasmine, and citrus. I thought back to New Year’s and the book the twins found. Wasn’t there a whole chapter about massage? Could I do that or would it just lead to more inappropriate behavior? Maybe I’d just play it by ear. I’d read up a little on massage techniques, but keep it in the back of my mind. If all went well, maybe I wouldn’t have to do something so drastic. A little voice in the back of my mind sounding irritatingly like grandmother nagged at me, telling me that I was going to do it for all the wrong reasons.

*****************************************************************

William’s birthday began much like mine. The twins were up early jumping on his bed while singing ‘Happy Birthday.’ I had arranged with Adam that William’s favorite foods be served that day, starting with chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.

During the day, we did our lessons while also making birthday cards, presents, and party favors. Dawn and Connor made Will a large crown with his name on it in glitter for dinner that night. My anxiety grew throughout the day. I just knew mother wasn’t going to show up and I didn’t know how Will was going to handle it.

Just before six we all went downstairs for dinner. I had done my best decorating the room with balloons and streamers, more for the twins than William, since at seventeen he probably didn’t care too much about that sort of thing. When the door opened, I saw the flicker of disappointment in Will’s eyes when Adam walked through the door with the serving tray rather than mom. Dinner consisted of Will’s favorites – Buffalo wings, a flowering onion, and nachos for appetizers, as well as steak for the main course. We sat down and ate while reminiscing about the time Will had tried to make his own flowering onion at home, which ended in a major kitchen disaster.

An hour later, Adam came in again with a strawberry shortcake topped with seventeen candles. Connor quickly turned out the lights and the twins began singing ‘Happy Birthday’ again. Adam set the cake down and cleared the dinner plates. Just before Will blew out the candles, he looked at me with a strange expression on his face. It looked desperate, but I couldn’t tell what he was longing for. Was it me, or mother? The moment was when the twins clapped as Will blew them out all on one try. Dawn flipped the lights back on and we dug into the delicious strawberry and whip cream concoction.

After we had our fill of cake, Dawn asked “Do you want to play a game, William?”

He gave a small smile, but shook his head. “No, Nibblet. I think I’m going to go up into the attic.” He leaned down and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Thank you for a wonderful time today, but I want to be alone for a little while. Contemplate life and all that.” He gave a sad smile and went off by himself. I wanted to stop and hug him, but I thought it would be better to give him some space.

“Did we do something wrong?” Dawn asked me with wide-eyes.

“No, sweetheart. He just wants some alone time to think. He’s a grown man now.” I smoothed down her hair. “You know how Will can get sometimes, maybe he’s writing a poem or something. Let’s just give him some space.” I stood up with a worried look on my face as I looked toward the attic entrance, but quickly masked it as I turned towards the twins. “I can still play a game with you though if you want.” I would give Will some alone time, but as soon as the kids went to bed, I’d go find him.

***************************************************************

Over an hour later, I took one last look at the sleeping twins before making my way up into the attic to look for William. Clutching at the present in my hand, I slowly walked towards the humming I could hear coming from the west mattresses.

I found him lying on his back clutching a bottle of wine. His humming was interspersed between quiet mumbling as he talked to himself. I didn’t recognize the song, nor could I understand his soft words. I watched as he brought the bottle of wine to his lips, then let out a maniacal little laugh as some of the wine spilled from his mouth. As he wiped his lips with the back of his hand, I made my presence known.

“Seventeen years old and he hasn’t figured out how to drink from a bottle. “

He sat up quickly and turned to face me. A smile lit up his face. “Elizabeth, my favorite girl. Come to celebrate with me, have you?” Listening to his slightly slurred speech, I doubted that the bottle in his hand was his first.

“Something like that. Are you drunk?” I tilted my head to look into his eyes. They looked red, like maybe he was crying earlier.

“Maybe.” Will said with a grin. “Did you come up here to get drunk with me? Forget all your troubles.”

“No, I thought I’d give you my present. It’s nothing really, but I think you’ll like it.” I said with my hands hidden behind my back.

“Hmmm, what could it be?” He asked slowly as he brought himself to a kneeling position. He crawled across the mattresses closer to me. “Show me, I know I’ll love it just because it’s from you.”

I brought my hand around to shake the massage oil in front of his eyes. “Ooh, you gonna rub me down with that?” He looked up with a smirk.

“Yeah, I thought it would be something to pamper you. Just to let you sit back and enjoy.”

“Can’t argue with that, can I?” Will deftly shed his shirt, but then paused. “Unless it’s some froo froo smell. It’s not something like strawberry, is it?”

I laughed a little as I tried to keep my eyes from staring at his bare skin. He had lost weight during our days without food, which only helped in defining his chest and stomach when he started working out again. “Well, I don’t have much of a selection, so I went with jasmine.” I didn’t tell him that I had read in that book that the fragrance was supposed to elevate one’s mood and stimulate one’s erection.

“I guess I won’t complain then.” He reached for the button of his pants and I panicked.

“What are you doing?” I asked a bit out of breath.

“What do you think I’m doing?” He looked at me in confusion and shook his head. “Taking off my pants, this is going to be a full body massage. It’s my birthday after all.” He brought down the zipper and dragged his pants down his legs and threw them at my face. Stretching himself out on the mattress, he lay in his boxers before me. “Well, come on then. I want my present.”

As I knelt down next to Will, I swallowed before taking a deep calming breath. Thinking about what I read, I knew I had to make this all about him. While I poured some of the oil into the palm of my hand, I explained to him “Now, I want you to relax. Don’t think of anything but the feel of my hands on your body. OK?”

“Yeah, I think I can handle that.” Will replied.

I rubbed my palms together to get both hands saturated with oil. I started down at his feet like the book said and worked my way in a slow circular motion up his calves and then to the back of his thighs. I concentrated on my breathing, keeping it steady and relaxed and I noticed that our breathing was soon synchronized. Reaching the edge of his boxers, I started back down his leg in the same fashion until Will spoke. “Don’t stop there. Go higher.”

I hesitated for a fraction of a second before I slid my hands underneath the cotton of his underwear to rub to the top of his legs. He parted his legs slightly giving me better access to his inner thighs, which I began to rub softly. His skin was hot and I realized that both of our breathing had picked up. I continued to work on the top of his legs, sweeping my hands up the outside, down the back and then up the inside of his thighs. I found my hands involuntarily getting bolder by grazing along the curve of his bottom and coming teasingly close to his sac.

Realizing I had to move from his legs, I stopped my ministrations. “You’re not done are you?” Will asked shyly.

“No, I’m just putting some more oil on my hands. I’m going to move up to your back.” After getting more oil, I straddled the top of his legs so that I could knead at his back and arms. Using the same soft circular motions to glide over him, I realized how much his body had changed. Before he was just a skinny kid, but now he was all firm skin and toned muscles. When he moved, you could see each movement of his muscle, almost like a dancer. His arms were no longer scrawny, but well defined, and his shoulders were broad and strong looking. I started massaging his neck and shoulders which caused him to groan.

“Mmmm, this feels so good, Elizabeth. Thank you for doing this. I was sad that mom couldn’t make it, though I’m sure she had her reasons.”

“It’s your birthday, William. She should have been here.” I said, not wanting to start an argument but letting him know that I was pissed at her. Wanting to drop the subject of mother quickly, I continued. “You deserve something special. I wanted to do something just for you. Just to make you feel good. I’m glad it’s working. Now, turn around, I’ll do the other side.”

I got off his body and put more oil in my hands as he flipped over. Starting at his feet again, I noticed the tent of his boxers, but tried to ignore it. He was spread eagle on his back, which gave me room to touch every part of his legs. Working my way up, I once again dove under his boxers and stretched my arms out so I could reach all the way up his legs to his hipbone. I watched in fascination as the fabric of his boxers moved when he reacted to the touch of my hands on his thighs. Will’s eyes were closed and his breath was coming in steady heavy pants as my thumbs skimmed along his inner thigh, brushing along his balls. He moaned softly and turned his head to the side, shutting his eyes a little tighter.

Itching to run my hands along his newly shaped stomach, I crawled up his body and straddled his upper legs again. Starting along the waistline of his boxers, I rubbed around the outside of his torso then slowly made the circle smaller until I was right at his belly button. His stomach muscles were rock hard and I could feel the juices flowing between my legs as I touched him.

Running my hands up his chest and to his shoulders, I began rubbing at his neck, shoulders and down his arms. When I was done there, I shifted my body up higher so I was straddling his hips as I moved on to his chest. Using the same circular motions as I did on his stomach, I started outside and slowly worked my way in towards his nipples. Will continued to whimper under me as I teased his body, my hands never quite getting to where he wanted them to go. “Please,” he begged me with a soft cry. Not being able to resist his plea, my thumbs finally brushed against both hard nubs at the same time and his hips shifted up into my heat as he gasped. I repeated the action, which resulted in another moan, only louder this time.

Loving the feeling I got when he made those noises of pleasure, I grew bold and pinched one of his nipples. His eyes flew open and his hands grabbed at my hips to bring my body down firmly against his hard cock. I was the one to let out a yelp this time as I threw my head back at the unexpected wave of pleasure that coursed through me. He started to move his hips, rubbing his cock against me. “Please, Elizabeth.” He cried in a desperate whisper. My body automatically responded to his and began to move with him, but I stopped cold at the next words out of his mouth. “I probably won’t even remember in the morning.”

Panic rushed through me. What the hell did that mean? Did he remember about New Year’s and he was just ignoring it? I was going insane with guilt and worry and he was pretending it didn’t happen. Looking into his eyes, I completely freaked out when I saw the look of lust written all over his face. His eyes were burning a hole through me and I had to get away. “We can’t do this.” I said as I shook my head. “This is so wrong.” I jumped up and ran away as fast as I could.

“Elizabeth!” I heard him call after me, but I ignored him. I knew he was drunk tonight, but I still couldn’t shake the feeling that he remembered what happened on New Year’s. I needed to get downstairs and as far away from him as I could.

We needed to get out of this damn attic.