Author's Chapter Notes:
Warning for this chapter - there is some extreme child abuse in this part of the story. I in no way condone this type of behavior in real life, but it is important for the story. And by now, I think you all know Dru is crazy!

Thanks for all the reviews. I'm glad you are all enjoying the story. Please keep them coming!
CHAPTER 28

The weeks following Will’s birthday were confusing. He ended up sleeping in the attic that night, coming downstairs the next morning hung over and badly needing a shower. Will was acting the same as always, as if nothing had ever happened between us. The subject of New Year’s or the birthday massage was never broached by either of us, leaving me still wondering if William really didn’t remember or if he was just in denial.

At first, I found myself trying to avoid him because of my paranoia, but I realized I missed my brother. I missed talking to him before bed and the little comforting gestures he would do throughout the day. The fact that I missed his brotherly attentions proved that I didn’t think of him in any other way but as my sibling. If I thought he was attractive, it was simply because he was the only guy I saw on a regular basis besides Adam. I convinced myself that everything was just in my head; that I was making a big deal out of nothing.

**************************************

I was in the tub one day when I heard a knock on the door. “Can I come in?” William asked as he poked his head inside the barely opened door.

I brought my knees up to my chest to cover my breasts and answered with a quiet ‘yes.’

“These last few weeks, I’ve been thinking about trying to get out of this room. Maybe do some exploring within the house; find out some more information about grandfather.”

“William, are you finally beginning to doubt your precious mother?” I said in a harsh sarcastic tone, taking my anger at mother out on Will.

“Don’t Elizabeth!” He snapped right back at me. “She’s our mother, she loves us. I don’t want to choose between the two of you. Can’t you see she’s trying?”

“She’s not trying, William! All she’s doing is living the debutante life she was supposed to live twenty years ago. She gave that life up for dad and us. Only now, she’s forgotten that – forgotten dad, forgotten us!” I shouted. I wished we had gotten into this argument at a better time. I wanted to wave my arms, shout and point an accusatory finger in Will’s face, but I was confined to my spot in the bathtub. I had hit him with my words instead, “She didn’t even bother to show up for your birthday.”

His jaw tensed and his eyes shut tightly. “I did not come in here to have this conversation, Elizabeth. She has not forgotten us! I’m sure she missed my birthday because she had to for Ethan’s sake. She is still trying to stick with the plan.”

“How can you say that?” I interrupted. “The plan was to be stuck in this room until Christmas. It’s March, William, and we’re still here! You think she’s concerned for us, for our well-being? While we’re starving because of grandmother, she’s off attending balls at the manor and social events at the country club with Wes, her new prince charming. She’s not concerned for us, William, and you’re only fooling yourself if you think so.” I thought Will was starting to doubt mother, but it was clear that he was the only one of her children who still had any faith in her. Dawn and Connor barely mentioned her anymore since Christmas and I always had my doubts ever since she told us that day so long ago that she was selling the house.

“Please, Bethy,” William began walking closer to the bathtub with a soft voice and pleading eyes…

“What’s going on here?” The door slammed as grandmother entered the room with venom in her eyes. William jumped at the sound, surprised as neither of us had heard the door unlock, both too engrossed in our heated conversation. “Adam, get the stays and the switch, now!” Adam left the room quickly, locking the door behind him. Will spun around and looked between Dru and the locked door. “How dare you break my rules again? Eyeing your sister’s flesh will earn you a good hard punishment.”

Quickly forgetting about mine and Will’s argument, I shook my head and yelled before I realized what I was doing. “No, get away from him! You will not touch him!” I reached for a towel and quickly stood up, but it was too late. Adam had returned and grabbed Will. Grandmother shut the door in my face before I had even reached it. The key was being turned in the lock of the bathroom door, while I stood helpless on the other side. I heard grandmother’s voice as she began her torment.

“Where are the children? Up in the attic?”

“Don’t you dare hurt them!” William yelled as he struggled in Adam’s arms.

“Oh, I’m not going to hurt them,” Dru said calmly, “I’m going to hurt you.”

Adam tied Will’s arms with the leather stays around the posts at the end of the bed, while grandmother moved the desk back in front of the panel, effectively trapping Dawn and Connor in the attic. I hoped to God that they would stay upstairs and remain completely oblivious to what was going on down here. I banged on the bathroom door screaming William’s name, as I watched grandmother tear off his shirt and unbutton his jeans through the keyhole. He struggled as best as he could against the leather straps at his wrists, but Adam had obviously done this before.

Once William was naked before her, Dru took a long leather bullwhip out of an ornate wooden box. “Elizabeth,” she called to me, “if I were you, I would be quiet. The more you scream, the more I will hurt your brother.” She finished her sentence and cracked the whip into the air. The way she expertly flicked her wrist told me that she too had done this many times before. As thoughts of my mother’s punishment when we first arrived came flooding back to me, I heeded her warning and slid helplessly to the floor, tears pouring down my face for what my brother was about to go through.

“Before I begin your punishment,” Dru continued, “I want you to be sure of your crime.” She cracked the whip in the air again. “I believe I forewarned you that pleasures of the flesh were the worst kind of sin.” The whip cracked again. “I find you with your eyes feasting upon your sister’s perky breasts, her firm thighs. Did she let you touch them?” This time the whip cracked not in the air, but against William’s back. His frame arched as the leather stung his naked flesh, but he did not respond. “Answer me, sinner! Did she let you touch her?” Grandmother screamed as she cracked the whip lower on his back this time. Again, Will did not respond.

“Do not try to defy me, William. I will break you, little boy.” The whip pelted his back between his shoulder blades. His head dropped and his eyes squeezed shut, trying to keep the tears at bay, but he still kept quiet.

“How often does she let you look at her? Once a week? Does she let you cup her breast in the palm of your hand?” Crack!

“Or maybe she’s just a tease. Maybe she stands naked before you and tempts
you like Eve tempted Adam. “ Crack!

“Does she run her hands over her stomach? Over her legs? Begging you to touch her, but never letting you get close. Do you long to touch what lays hidden between her thighs?” Crack!

“Look at you! You’re pathetic, William. Even as I beat you, you are aroused. I can see you twitching between your legs.” Crack!

“Just confess your sin, sinner, and your punishment will end.” Crack!

Will still said nothing. The tears were now falling freely down his face. His eyes were still held tight and his mouth was clenched shut. His wrists were bleeding from his struggle against the stays. His back was covered with whip marks, all of them cutting open his skin.

Grandmother continued to taunt him. “If this is how you want to play it, William, it’s no skin off my back. Only yours.” Crack!

“Where do you want to touch her, William? The curve of her buttocks? A hardened nipple? Do you wish to taste her skin with your tongue? Do you want to tangle your hands in her hair as she tastes you?” Crack!

“Answer me, William!” She screamed, becoming impatient with his silence. She cracked the whip twice in quick succession against his thighs and then his ass. William turned his head slightly and spit in her direction. He caught the tip of the whip above his left eye.

“Oh, you will pay for that.” Dru said menacingly. Her taunting was over. Now she just kept hitting William, one blow right after another, on his thighs, his calves, his buttocks and the already torn flesh of his back. Five cracks of the whip, then ten. William couldn’t hold back anymore and let out a loud half scream, half sob. “Please,” he said in a hoarse voice, “I can’t take anymore.”

“Beg me.”

His voice cracked, “I’m begging you. Please stop.”

“It’s not the confession that I wanted, but I do like it when you beg. Adam, untie him. Elizabeth,” she called to me through the door, “the Lord has seen fit to spare you this time around. Next time I catch something like this going on, you will not be so lucky.”

I heard a thud, presumably when William hit the floor and then the unlocking of the bathroom door. When I entered the bedroom, I only caught a glimpse of Dru’s skirt as she left out the main door. Wiping the tears from my eyes, I walked cautiously around to the end of the bed. Not knowing what to expect, I gasped when I saw Will’s battered and bloodied body in a heap on the floor. There was blood everywhere and I could tell he was still crying by the shaking of his body.

“William?” I reached out to touch him, but he jerked away.

“Don’t touch me! Don’t look at me!” His head buried deeper into his arms so I could not see his face.

I had to pull myself together for Will’s sake; I straightened up and went into caring sister mode. “Stay here and don’t move. I’m going to get dressed and check on the twins – make sure they stay upstairs. Ok?” I said in a soft voice. “When I come back, I’m going to get you into the tub and take care of your cuts. Just stay there for a few minutes.”

He didn’t respond, but I took that as a good sign. I quickly ran into the bathroom to drain the tub that was still full from my bath earlier and threw my hair up into a ponytail. Once that was done, I discarded the towel and put on a tank top and a pair of running pants. I dashed back into the bedroom to see William in the same position. “I’ll be right back.” I reassured him as I opened the door to the attic.

****************************************************************

“Dawn! Connor!” I yelled at the top of the stairs as they weren’t playing at the sitting area.

“We’re here.” I barely heard Connor reply from the other side of the attic. Huddled together in the corner behind a bookshelf were Dawn and Connor. The fear written on their faces dashed my hopes of them not having heard the commotion downstairs. “Is William alright? Is his punishment over?” Dawn asked quietly.

“Is she going to hurt us? We heard the door slam and yelling. We went down the stairs and heard her ask where we were. We ran back up here to hide.” Connor continued.

“How much did you hear?” I asked, hoping they couldn’t understand the explicit things Dru was saying.

“Nothing. Only muffled yelling, but we knew it was grandmother punishing William for something.” Dawn replied.

“Ok, good. Everything will be fine. You guys are not going to be punished. But I need you to stay up here for a little bit. I need to take care of William, who is going to be fine too. You’re going to have to stay up here for dinner though. Do you guys think you can sleep up here tonight?”

“By ourselves?” Connor asked a little frightened.

“Yes, it’s ok if you don’t want to. I just think Will might need the bed to himself tonight. Think about it and decide by dinner. If you don’t want to, the three of us will share the other bed.” I tried to reason.

“We’re not supposed to. That’s one of the rules.” Dawn was clearly terrified of grandmother’s punishment now.

“I know, honey, but as long as we’re up and dressed by breakfast, she’ll never know.” I tried to be as soothing as possible. “Now, come out of this corner and go back to playing. I have to go take care of William. I’ll be up in a few hours.”

The twins nodded their head in synchronicity and I headed back to my brother.