Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone who reviewed, especially Cee, Emma and Fibble - you guys totally made my day with your kind words. Thanks to Jess my beta. Hope you enjoy!
CHAPTER 30

William’s wounds from the whip healed slowly. I would redress them each day and monitor their progress. Connor slept with Dawn and me for the first week while the major cuts healed. After about two weeks, Will no longer needed the bandages. There wasn’t any scarring and his body was flawless again, with the exception of the mark over his eye, which left a slice in his eyebrow.

Dawn was officially petrified of grandmother, which caused her to wake up at six in the morning in order to be ready before Dru came for breakfast to avoid being punished for Connor sharing our bed. Whenever grandmother was in the room, Dawn would huddle behind either mine or Will’s legs and wouldn’t make eye contact with her at all. Grandmother smiled at the show of her fear. Will and I also made it a point to always stand the furthest away from each other with the twins in between us, though we always looked her unabashedly in the eye.

William was unusually quiet for those first few weeks after his punishment, but then he came to me in the attic one night after the twins had gone to bed. “Elizabeth. We never really finished our conversation before grandmother interrupted us. I think we need to start thinking of ways to get out of here, explore the house, even the grounds.”

“Is that why you’ve been so lost in thought lately? Trying to think of ways out of here?” I asked looking up from the book I was reading.

“Yeah.” Will sighed. “I think we need to seriously consider it, especially with what happened to me. I don’t want that happening to you or the twins.” Will looked me in the eye with determination. “I won’t let grandmother hurt you guys.”

I stood up and placed my hand gently on his cheek. “But it’s ok that she did it to you?” I asked softly.

Will leaned into my touch and whispered, “It doesn’t matter what she does to me, as long as she doesn’t touch you or the twins. I can’t accept that.”

“What she did to you is not right either, William.” I brought my hand down to grab his and leaned in so our foreheads were touching. “I can’t accept that and I don’t want you playing the martyr here.”

He shook his head in protest while squeezing my hand. “I’m not being a martyr. I can handle whatever that bitch throws my way. I just care more about protecting my family than myself. You’re my everything.” Tenderly, he kissed my lips before taking in a deep breath and suddenly stepped away from me.

Realizing that his abrupt movement had to be because he was thinking non-sibling thoughts, I didn’t seek his comfort, but turned the conversation to our possible escape. “So, tell me what you’ve come up with so far to get out.”

“Well, I have a couple of ideas. I haven’t actually worked out any of the logistics yet, which is why I need you. Maybe we could do some brainstorming.” He sat down Indian style on the mattress and looked up at me with a hopeful look on his face.

“You know I’ll help in any way I can. I want to get out of here, William.” I said while sitting down in front of him. “Tell me your ideas.”

“Ok, the first one I have is to somehow get the key so we can unlock the door. I know Adam has his attached to a chain that hooks onto his belt loop and then it sits in his pants pocket. Grandmother’s is on a chain around her wrist. I think Adam’s would be the easier one to grab, but I’m not sure how to get it without him realizing we’re taking it or that it’s not gone since he locks the door after he leaves.”

“What if instead of taking it we make a duplicate of it? All we would need is an impression of it. I saw on a television show someone doing that by pressing the key into soap and then making a copy by melting plastic into the mold. We’d have to improve our pick-pocketing skills though.”

William’s face lit up with a huge grin. “See, this is why I need you. You’re brilliant!” He laughed as he flopped onto his back.

“Well, hold on, don’t get too excited yet.” I said stretching out on my side beside him. “That was TV and I don’t know if that will actually work, so I think you should still tell me the other ones. It’s good to have contingency plans.”

“Alright.” William continued. “I was also thinking we could somehow climb down from the roof. The attic windows don’t have bars on them, so we could crawl out onto the roof and attach some rope onto something to climb down. I’m not sure if we have anything long enough to reach all the way to the ground, but I figured we might be able to find something that will work in the attic. Then we could scout the grounds, figure out which is the best way to get to the road.”

“That sounds easy. The swing from the rafters can be disassembled if we need the rope or we can use sheets, another Hollywood trick.” I said thinking about a movie I had seen where the main characters did that. “What else you got?”

We sat and talked about different scenarios and the best way to approach each of them for close to two hours. I was so glad that William was finally at least thinking of ways out that I didn’t even notice when our bodies had instinctively shifted closer to each other. My head lay on Will’s chest as we discussed the possibility of crawling through air ducts, while his hand languorously caressed my satin covered bottom.

**********************************************************

For the third night in a row, I woke up to find Connor alone in his bed. Each night I listened closely, but I never heard any sound coming from the bathroom. I thought Will must be up in the attic and I wondered what he was doing up there. Maybe writing more stories of the slayer, maybe trying one of our plans to get out.

Days later, my curiosity got the better of me. It had to be something big or William would have already shared it with me. I tried dropping hints all week in order to get him to slip up about what he was doing in the attic, but nothing. I couldn’t take it anymore.

Quietly, I got out of bed and made my way over to the attic door. I took one last look at the twins to make sure they were still asleep. When they didn’t stir, I unlatched the door and closed it behind me. As I walked up the stairs, I couldn’t hear anything. Maybe he wasn’t up here either. But if he wasn’t up here, where could he be? Did he already find a way out and hadn’t told me?

Once I reached the top of the stairs, my eyes adjusted to the faint moonlight, but I still couldn’t see or hear him. As I listened closer, I thought I heard some noise coming from the north section of the attic. It was barely audible, but it sounded like someone breathing hard and a light tapping. Thinking maybe he was doing nothing more than exercising, I started over towards the gym equipment. Still nothing. About to give up, I started to leave when I heard an unmistakable groan.

Captivated by the sound, I made my way towards the noise and stopped dead in my tracks at the sight before me. There was William splayed on his back, his t-shirt discarded next to him, his boxers pushed down to his knees. My breath sucked in as my eyes took in more of the scene. His hand had a firm grip around his hard shaft as it moved up and down in an established rhythm. His eyes were closed and his mouth was slightly open, the source of the panting and groaning.

I knew I shouldn’t be watching such an intimate moment, but I couldn’t tear my eyes away from my brother. I was mesmerized by the steady movement of his hand, the slight lift of his hips, the way his mouth opened and closed in silent bliss, the quick dart of his tongue escaping to lick his full bottom lip.

Mesmerized by the look of ecstasy on his face.

I stood silently watching, mouth agape, for what seemed like eternity, but in reality were only a few minutes. William’s steady hand sped up as he bit his lower lip. I could tell he was close. Seconds later, his teeth freed the lip from its confines and his mouth opened in a soundless scream. Will’s eyes screwed shut even tighter, while his body went taut as his hips arched off the mattress. Thick white liquid shot onto his stomach and hand as he came. The movement of his hand began to slow as he went limp and his breathing became more even.

The thought of Will catching me watching him snapped me out of my daze. I had to get out of there before he saw me. Quietly, I left him still recovering from his powerful orgasm to dash back into my bed, wet and completely aroused.