Author's Chapter Notes:
Help! I need a new beta. The wonderful Jess has resigned due to real life busyness, but I wanted to thank her for all the help she has given me so far. Thanks Jess! If anyone is interested, please contact me through the contact button on the author profile page. I'm posting this chapter un-betad again so please excuse any mistakes. Thanks so much for the reveiws of the last chapter though I fear I've lost some of you with my absence. If you're still reading, let me know!
CHAPTER 43

The hot July days melted into even hotter August ones. We spent the majority of them trying to get some much needed fresh air on the roof, but sometimes the tiles were scorching hot from the blazing sun. On those days, we just lazed around the stifling attic sweating, despite wearing minimal clothing. Dawn and Connor took to wearing bathing suits everyday to help with the heat and I was starting to think they had the right idea. Will went shirtless almost everyday, seemingly only wearing a shirt when I got a little too into our after dark activities, leaving scratch marks or a love bite somewhere visible on his body. With everyone else walking around half naked, I wondered why I was still wearing layers of clothing. Eventually, I decided to strip down to at least a bikini top with my shorts, which led to William licking his lips and leering at me discreetly most of the day.

At night, we worked on making a key. The four of us would sit in the attic staring at the hardened mold in the bar of soap as if it was the key to heaven, which in a way it was. If this worked, it was our ticket out of this god-forsaken place to freedom.

Picking up a blue toothbrush, Will held the lighter over the handle as we all watched the melting plastic drip into the molding. The stench was sickening and the smoke was thick, teaching us very quickly that we needed to perform this particular science experiment close to an open window. The hot plastic would droop and snap under the heat of the flame, sometimes causing painful flicks on our skin which felt similar to standing too close to a pan full of sizzling bacon. Being his usual predictable self, Connor was mesmerized by the whole process and was very happy when it turned out we had to do it more than once.

Our first attempt at a key failed miserably. After melting the plastic and letting it harden, Will carefully lifted the mold out of the soap. Since some of the plastic dripped not just in the molding, there was a lot of plastic that needed to be snapped off or filed down, in order to make it actually key-shaped. Using my nail files, William tried to whittle away the excess plastic, but he was getting impatient since it was taking so long. Rather than filing, he tried to score off larger sections so that he could just snap off certain pieces in one big chunk. Pushing too hard, he ended up snapping the whole bottom half of the key off.

Trying again with a red toothbrush, our second attempt was at least better than the first. Learning from the first time, Will tried to get the majority of the dripping plastic into only the mold itself, rather than all over the bar of soap. This proved to work better in that there was much less excess molding to be carved away. After carefully filing away at the mold for a few days, a fairly accurate key emerged from the ashes. Will then smoothed down the key to make it a little less thick so it would fit better into the key hole.

After dinner one night, we tried it against the key hole. Dawn, Connor and I hovered around Will while he maneuvered the key around inside. Under his breath, I could hear the mumbled curses coming from his mouth as he tried to unlatch the lock. Every once in a while he would remove the key and make a few adjustments with the nail file. Much to our chagrin, the key broke off inside the lock. “Crap,” Will grumbled as he showed us the head of the key, the shaft still lodged inside the hole. The twins groaned and returned to their beds defeated, while I went to find some tweezers to fish the broken half out of the lock.

Our hopes were dashed a little bit more, but we had two toothbrushes left. William was hesitant to try again, but the rest of us assured him that this would work. Each time was better than the last, and we all knew how the old saying went - third time’s a charm.

Moving on to the yellow toothbrush, we once again gathered around while Will carefully dripped the plastic into the mold, carving ever so gently around the plastic once it was hardened with the nail file. This time, he didn’t smooth it down as much as he did previously, leaving the end thicker than the last time in hopes that it would be sturdier when it was actually in the key hole.

So as not to disappoint the kids again, we waited until they were asleep to try our newest key. I stood next to Will with a candle, which was shedding light on the ominous hole, while he jimmied with the lock. A continuous string of encouragements escaped his lips, as if his gentle words would coax the inanimate object into successfully opening the door. Somewhere, a powerful force must have been listening to his pleas because suddenly, we both heard a click.

“I’ll be damned.” Will said as his eyes immediately shot up to mine in astonishment. “It worked.” He said, standing up as he twisted the knob with no resistance. “It fucking worked.” Grabbing me by the waist, Will tugged me in close to him and smashed his lips to mine. “You are a fucking genius.” He said placing his forehead against mine, staring wantonly at my kiss swollen lips. “A beautiful, beautiful genius.” He whispered as he took my lower lip in between his teeth, sliding his tongue along my puffy flesh.

“Let’s go explore.” I said breathlessly as he broke the kiss.

He shook his head. “No, you’re staying. I want to get the lay of the land first before anyone else goes out.”

“Bullshit!” I yelled pushing him away from me. At my outburst, Dawn turned over in her bed with a little whimper.

“Shhh, you’ll wake the twins.” Will gripped my arm and dragged me into the bathroom, shutting the door behind us. “You’re not going the first time. We have no idea what’s out there.”

Shaking his hand hard off my arm, I shoved him further, “You can’t tell me what to do.” I argued, moving over to the sink to turn on the water in an attempt to cover up our conversation in case the kids woke up. “I’m going with you.” I spun around to face him prepared to put up a fight on this. There was absolutely no way I wasn’t going. “The whole reason we can get out is because of me. How to make the key was my fucking idea. You don’t have any say in this.”

“Dammit, Elizabeth!” Will grabbed me by both arms and backed me into the bathroom counter, shaking me. “It’s too dangerous. Don’t you understand?”

“No, William.” I countered, trying to break his grip on my arms, but he was holding me fast. “No, I don’t understand. We’re in this together, remember? There’s nothing out there that could hurt us.”

“Like last time! You got hurt, Elizabeth.” Will shook me more violently, as our bodies moved closer. “I hurt you because I didn’t know what was outside. I didn’t know about the dogs.” Will’s voice was broken, filled with guilt, as his hold loosened on my arm. “I didn’t know…” His sentence trailed off as he lowered his head with a half sob.

“Is that what this is all about?” I asked, lifting his hands from my arms to take them gently in my own. “Hey, look at me.” When Will’s eyes met mine, they were filled with unshed tears. “That was nothing, Will. It was a little scratch that healed within a few days. You didn’t do anything to hurt me.”

“I did, I pushed you over too fast.” Will said shaking his head.

“No, Will.” I brought him in close to me and lifted my tank top to reveal the place where I was hurt the first time we tried to escape. Taking his hand, I ran it over my skin to show him that there was no permanent damage. There was hardly a scar, just a slight discoloring of the skin in a few places along where the cut had been. “See, there’s nothing there. I’m fine.”

His thumb was lovingly brushing along my flesh, as he looked at me again with such a mix of emotions behind his eyes. I could see his guilt and the worry, and I saw that he was scared. “I can’t lose you.” He whispered as he brought his lips to mine in the softest of kisses. “I need you so much.” He said as he lifted me up onto the bathroom counter. He maneuvered between my legs and I could feel his erection poking at me while he kissed me with the sweetest of kisses. They were slow, but hungry and there was the slightest bit of desperation in them, as if he would cease to exist if he stopped kissing me.

He grabbed at the elastic of my underwear and my ass automatically lifted off the counter so he could free me from the obstructive fabric. While he tossed my panties to the floor, I lowered his boxers and wrapped my legs around his hips, bringing him in tight to my body. Ever so slowly, he entered me, stopping when he reached the hilt. “I won’t let you get hurt again.” He said looking at me intently with a new found confidence, before taking me back into one of his passionate kisses.

His hips began an unhurried pace as he slid in and out of my slick pussy. Burying my head in the crook of his neck, I responded on a whimper, “I’m not going to get hurt. We’ll be inside the house the whole time.”

“Ahhh, God.” Will moaned, “I’m not thinking about that right now, you feel too good.” He pushed me back a little so I was no longer against his body, but leaning back against the counter. He lifted my shirt above my breasts and gently palmed one of them. At this new angle, we could both watch as Will’s cock would appear and then disappear inside my heat. We were both mesmerized by the erotic scene before us, and he groaned as I used my legs to drive him in a little bit deeper.

“We’re exploring the house together.” I said as I squeezed my internal muscles to clamp around his cock for a bit of extra persuasion.

“Fuck.”

“I won’t take no for an answer.” I squeezed again.

“Jesus Christ, woman. Fine, fine you win.” Will said, bringing his thumb to massage my clit. “But for the record, you are winning this argument in a grossly unfair manner.”

“You love it though.”

“You know I do.” He said staring me straight in the eyes with his patented smirk, right before he pinched my clit and slammed hard into my core.

My orgasm hit me quickly, as I was so intent on getting Will to agree with me that I hadn’t really noticed it building inside me. Surprised at the explosion, my arm slipped and I fell partially into the sink, soaking one whole side of my tank top. Will laughed at my predicament, but continued to pump inside me a few more times until he was about to cum. Pulling out, he stroked his shaft and grabbed a face cloth that was lying on the counter to catch the thick sticky fluid that was about to emit from his body.

As I was wringing out my shirt, Will had one arm leaning against the counter as he came inside the cloth. His eyes were closed and I could see certain muscles throughout his body quivering. He looked beautiful. “I love watching you cum.” The words slipped out of my mouth unconsciously and he opened his eyes to see me watching him. “I wish you didn’t have to pull out all the time.”

He smiled at my words. “Believe me when I say I agree with you. I hate having to pull out at the best part. It’s not the same without your hot little pussy surrounding me.” He kissed me softly before washing the cloth out in the sink. He took the wet cloth and ran it along his length before pulling up his boxers, and then he washed the juices away from between my legs. Bending over, he handed me my underwear and went to discard the cloth in the laundry hamper. “I know you’re period is still out of whack, but we could try the rhythm method. If it’s right after you have your period, I could stay in.”

“Oh, no.” I said shaking my head putting on my panties. “I’m not chancing it. My period is so screwy that I had it for a couple of days, then it left and three days later it came back again. Next thing I know, I’m going a couple of months without having it. I figure with my cycle being as irregular as it is, we’re ok with the pulling out, but I’m not pushing my luck. The last thing we need on our list of problems is an impromptu pregnancy.”

“Of course, you’re right. Wishful thinking on my part.” Will shrugged, and then grabbed at my hips. “Though, you know, I could stay inside you if we went about this another way.” His hands came around to slide inside my panties and grab at my ass. Waggling his eyebrows, he slightly parted my cheeks to let me know exactly what ‘other’ way he meant.

I kissed him before pushing him away. “I told you I’d think about it. Now, let’s go get dressed so we can explore.”

“Whoa, slow down. We aren’t going now. It’s too late.”

“What are you talking about?”

“In case you hadn’t noticed, we wasted a bit of time in here doing other things. It’s too close to the morning. Adam and Dru may be getting up soon. We know the key works so we can wait until later, plan it out a little bit more.”

I looked at him suspiciously. “You’re not trying to go back on your agreement, are you?”

Will chuckled. “No, sweetheart, you won. You’re coming.” Will kissed my forehead. “But please do what I say and stay with me. I don’t want you wandering off on your own.”

“Yes, master.” I said sarcastically.

“Ooh, baby, I think I like you calling me that.” Will grabbed at my boob and gave it a little squeeze, “but we’ll save that for another night when we have more time.”

“Pig.” I shoved him away playfully and went to shut off the water.

“You love it though.” Will echoed my words from earlier.

I smiled back at him. “You know I do.”