Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to my wonderful betas, Andrea and Megan. Don't forget to review!
CHAPTER 48

In the first weeks after my punishment, I took to wearing a cotton turban that I had made out of an old t-shirt around my head in order to help reduce the scarring on my scalp. I even made it so some material wrapped around my neck; it helped with the scars left there, but it was really to conveniently hide the large purple hickey Will had left on my neck from Dru and the twins. Will would apply some balm on the skin first thing in the morning after my shower, and then again before I went to bed. In a couple of weeks, the angry red welts were reduced to slight discolorations.

Dawn and Connor loved my new haircut, Dawn declaring it very cute. Upon seeing my shorter hair for the first time without the turban, Dru flashed one of her menacing grins in my direction and asked condescendingly, “Did you do something different with your hair, Elizabeth? It suits you, though I admit I was hoping for something a little shorter.” She let out a little maniacal laugh when she saw the look of contempt on Will’s face at her callousness. “Be careful, William, or you may end up with an appointment with your sister’s hairdresser.” I put my hand on Will’s arm in order to still him while she left the room, knowing she was just trying to goad him into reacting.

During that time, William and I had also taken another trip out into the main house, not bothering to stop at any of the rooms we previously went into. Going directly to the doors after mother’s bedroom, we explored the other half of the second floor. The second trip was highly uneventful. We didn’t run into anybody and the rooms were really of no importance. There were a couple more guest bedrooms, a sewing room and another bathroom, all of which looked like they hadn’t been used in some time.

The most interesting room we found looked like a mini doctor’s office with additional equipment for a person who needed physical therapy. There were parallel bars in the middle of the room, some mats on the floor, a wheelchair folded up against the wall, and one of those beds that you lay on while the doctor does your check up. We wondered if this was perhaps where Grandfather’s physician saw him when he did house calls. Because of the wheelchair, it seemed like a sign that Ethan’s condition had worsened, possibly becoming much weaker due to the spread of his cancer or maybe even suffering from some other affliction, like a stroke.

As the days got closer to Halloween, we began to focus on getting our costumes and the night’s events ready. Since it wasn’t a surprise this year for the twins, they took a much more active role in their costumes and begged for a haunted house. Deciding it would be a ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ themed occasion, each of us was going as our character from Will’s stories - Connor was dressing up as a werewolf, Dawn a witch, William as the vampire better known as Spike and myself as the slayer.

Scouring the attic for items to use for our costumes one afternoon, Connor became aggravated at the lack of any lupine paraphernalia. “Aargh, I’m never going to be able to be a werewolf. There’s nothing here that will work.” He sat down roughly in one of the chairs, crossing his arms in a huff while pouting.

“Don’t worry, Connor. We’ll find something,” Will said while coming to stand in front of him. “There’s a wardrobe way in the corner that we haven’t looked through yet. Maybe something will be in there.” Will held out his hand for Connor to take and then he led him over to the untouched wardrobe.

While the boys went on their search, Dawn and I finished up our costumes since they were not very elaborate. We found a long black flowing dress that we cinched at the waist with a black belt and shredded the sleeves for Dawn’s witch outfit. For accessories, we took a pair of black tights and painted them with white stripes, cut an old cardboard box in strips and tied them to a small wooden pole for a broom, and found a wide-brimmed black hat that we made conical at the top with some black construction paper. Add in some face paint and Dawn would be looking pretty good.

For me, I had to imagine what a slayer would wear to hunt vampires. Making things extremely easy, I decided it would be something practical so I went with a pair of jeans and a tank top. Will had complained that I wasn’t getting into the full essence of the slayer. In order to appease him, I took some odd shaped bottles, filled them with water and made ‘Holy Water’ labels with skull and crossbones on them. I found an ornate silver cross to wear and snapped the legs off a broken chair to represent some stakes. He shrugged at my additional items, still not completely satisfied - but he did acknowledge it was getting better.

“Look!” Connor came running over excitedly to where we sat. “Look what we found. Can you help me make my costume with this, Elizabeth?” He held a brown fur coat outstretched in his arms.

I couldn’t help but smile at his renewed enthusiasm. “Well, I guess your search was a success.” I took the coat from his arms and studied the item, glancing quickly at Will who had a smirk on his face. “I think we could do something with this. If we cut off some pieces, we could attach them so they come out of your sleeves and collar - put some coming out at the end of your jeans. We could make you some mutton chops and put some paint on your face. It would be like you’re not fully transformed yet.”

“Yeah, that would be cool.” Connor was nodding his head at everything I said. “I’ll go get a shirt and my pants.” He started running to collect said items, but then stopped abruptly and turned back. “Which shirt should I wear?”

Dawn rolled her eyes and sighed. I could almost hear the word ‘boys’ running through her head. “Come on, I’ll help you pick one out. We need to find a button-up so Beth can put some fur coming out of the chest too.” Leaving her costume behind, she scampered off with her twin to find the perfect shirt.

“Why do you have that shit-eating grin on your face?” I asked, realizing Will had been silently smirking through my whole exchange with the twins.

“Look what else we found.” Will took a pair of black leather pants out from behind his back.

“So.”

“So?” Will said flabbergasted by my response. “So? I have just found you the perfect addition to your Halloween costume. The slayer does not wear jeans on the hunt, she wears leather. She’s a bad ass. These scream bad ass!”

“I guess.” I shrugged, taking the pants from him and checking the size. Well, they would definitely fit, so I couldn’t use that as an excuse.

“You guess.” Will shook his head. “Well, I know. I created her…”

“Based on me,” I mumbled under my breath, interrupting him.

Will just continued as if I said nothing, although I knew he’d heard me from the slight tick in his jaw and the added emphasis on his previously said words, “I created her, and trust me, she wears leather. You can still wear the tank top though. Make it red and it will be perfect. Very sexy.”

“And who exactly is the slayer trying to be sexy for in the middle of a dark cemetery while fighting for her life?”

“The vampires, of course. The sight of her in leather draws them to her and then, BAM, stake through the heart while they are too busy checking out her ass in the tight pants.”

“You’ve suddenly turned this feminine role-model into a ‘Maxim’ pin-up girl,” I admonished, shaking my head.

“There’s nothing that says you can’t be sexy and powerful at the same time. Women have been known to use their feminine charms to get what they want for ages.”

I went to say something to refute this, but he stopped me by placing his finger on my lips. “Don’t try to deny it; I’ve been one of your victims plenty of times.” He removed his finger from my lips when he saw my chest deflate in defeat and brought his mouth close to mine. “Besides, I think Spike would like fighting with the slayer in those. Tight leather defining her strong legs, chest heaving, clutching a stake in her hand after a kill - definitely sexy.” He licked his lips and stared down at my mouth, lulling me into a slow passionate kiss.

When he pulled away, my resistance to the pants had dissolved quite easily. “Fine, I’ll wear them, but I’m going to do something to make your costume better too.” I sucked his lower lip gently into my mouth.

Moaning, he asked, “Mmm, what’s that?”

“You’ll see. Meet me in the bathroom after the twins go to bed.”

“You’re not even going to give me a little hint?” Will asked, drawing another kiss out of me.

“Nope,” I replied, pulling away from his lips while patting his head. “Not a clue.” I got up and walked away, giving him one last mischievous look over my shoulder before disappearing from his view.

*********************************************************************

Later that night, William met me in the bathroom as I’d requested. “What’s all this?” he asked upon seeing the desk chair sitting in front of the sink along with a towel, a shower cap, some rubber gloves and some bottles filled with unknown liquids.

I held up a box for him to see and he snorted. “Hair color? What the hell do you think you are going to do with that?”

“I’m bleaching your hair. You said I could do whatever I wanted to it when you had to cut my hair. Now, I’m taking you up on the offer.”

“Hell, no. I meant cut it, not color it. I’m not a sissy.” Will started to turn around, but I grabbed him by the elbow before he could get very far.

“Oh, please. Guys color their hair. What about Eminem? He bleaches his hair. “ Since he was still shaking his head no, I pulled out the pout. “Come on. I had to unwillingly cut mine and you promised then. Besides, I don’t think you’ve gotten the full essence of Spike,” I sarcastically echoed his words about me and the slayer. “Spike is a bad ass, a rebel. He would definitely have bleached hair. It just screams ‘all eyes on me.’ Plus, I think you’ll look very sexy. Think about how good it will look with the leather duster.” I ran my hands through his hair and down his chest seductively to emphasize my point.

As my hands reached behind him to squeeze his bottom, bringing his body to grind against mine, he relented. “Grr, fine. But if it doesn’t look good, we’re changing it back.”

I started jumping up and down, clapping. He rolled his eyes before giving me a quick kiss. “You better know what you’re doing.” Removing his shirt, he sat down in the chair ready for his makeover.

“This is going to be great!” I said excitedly.

Deciding that his hair needed to be shorter first, I began trimming away the longer hair curling at his neck. As I cut, I began a long commentary on the backstory for Spike. “Ooh, you can make it so that he once met Billy Idol before he became famous. Spike was going to kill him, but then heard some of his music and liked it, so he let him go. Then, years later, Spike happened to be watching MTV in a bar or something and he got mad because he realized the singer stole his look.” I started laughing at my new theory.

“So why would Spike still be dressing the same way twenty years later?” Will asked.

“That’s easy. Because vampires are in a state of arrested development. Once Spike found a genre that he liked, he stuck with it. No need to change anymore. Maybe he donned a flannel or two in the days of Grunge, but for the most part he likes 70’s punk.”

“You’re insane. Do you know that?”

“Me? Please, you’re the one who came up with this whole alternate universe. If anyone is insane, it’s you. I’m just along for the ride.”

“Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.”

I stuck my tongue out at him and then put his head under the water again. “Okay, the cut is done. Now, I just need to put the peroxide in your hair.” Putting on the rubber gloves and picking up the bottle of hair color, I started to mix the coloring solution into his hair. Once I had the solution properly covering all of his hair, I put the shower cap on to let it set.

“Shit, this stuff fucking burns.” Will brought his hand up to adjust the cap, but I slapped them away.

“Stop it. You’ll ruin it.” I began washing the sink area and my hands of the chemical.

“How long do I have to keep this on?” he asked while squirming in the chair.

“Fifteen to twenty minutes, depending on how blond I want your hair to be.” When he groaned at my answer, I went to straddle his lap. “I could do something to take your mind off of it.”

Lifting an eyebrow, his voice was seductively playful. “Yeah? What do you have in mind?”

I smiled at him before sliding down his body. On my knees before him, I shimmied into the vee between his thighs. “Lift up.”

He lifted his hips off the chair and I slid his sweats down around his calves. Slowly, I began stroking his partially stiff cock to hardness. Once it was fully erect, I took him into my mouth and began bobbing up and down along his length. “Mmm, feels so good.”

As I got into a rhythm, I thought back to our first time doing this. I was so nervous then - even though I shouldn’t have been. In my mind, I laughed thinking back to how I gagged when he jerked his hips unexpectedly. Since then, I had gotten much better at giving head. They say practice makes perfect and I practiced a lot. I felt so comfortable with Will that I would ask him all kinds of questions about what felt good and the way he liked certain actions. I knew exactly which spot to lick along his cock to make his body quiver; I knew precisely how much pressure he liked when I squeezed his balls.

And I learned to deep throat. Relaxing my throat muscles, I took him all the way in until I could feel the tip of his cock at the back of my throat and then went a little further, holding him there for a second before I swallowed.

“Fuck!” Will’s hands grabbed onto the sides of the chair at the suctioning action around his cock. “I love it when you do that, Buffy.”

I smiled at his words as I slowly came back up and then repeated the process over again a couple more times. As he babbled his incoherent thoughts of pleasure, something that always turned me on, I felt the juices start to flow between my legs. I knew some girls didn’t like giving blow jobs, but I always felt powerful when I did this to Will. I controlled his orgasm and he couldn’t do anything about it, which made me wet with satisfaction.

Glancing quickly at my watch, I saw that we still had another five or ten minutes before it was time to rinse out the hair color. That would be plenty of time for a quickie. I removed his member from my mouth, causing his head to jerk up in question.

“Don’t worry,” I said, standing before him as I removed my panties from beneath my nightgown. “You’ll still get to come.” I straddled his hips and maneuvered him to my aroused entrance. “I just want to come too.” I winked at him as I sank down onto his hard cock, making him hiss as he became surrounded by my warmth.

His hands landed on my knees and slowly worked their way firmly up my thighs to my waist. “Does sucking my cock get you hot?” He slammed my hips down against his body while thrusting up into me.

“Oh,” escaped my lips unbidden as my head tilted back.

“Say it, Buffy. Say you get hot sucking my cock.” His voice demanded my compliance and he knew I couldn’t deny his words.

“Ahh, I get hot sucking your cock.” I rose up slowly while clenching my inner muscles together, making a very tight fit around his shaft. “It makes me so fucking wet.”

“Uh, shit. Look at me, Buffy.”

Stilling my body with him still imbedded deep inside me, I lifted my head up and opened my eyes. As soon as I looked at Will’s head, I started laughing hysterically.

“What? What’s so funny?” I could see the wounded look in his eye at my laughter.

“It’s just that I forgot you were wearing the shower cap. You look funny.”

“Jesus, Buffy. Get off me.” Will stood up angrily, dumping me on the bathroom floor. “I’m taking this shit out of my hair.” He ripped off the cap and stomped over to the shower, starting it up before stepping inside.

Sitting alone on the bathroom floor, I realized it probably wasn’t the smartest thing to start laughing at someone while you’re having sex with them. I stared at the shadowy naked form behind the thin white shower curtain and knew I needed to fix this.

What I needed was a plan.