Author's Chapter Notes:
Yes, I'm still alive! I'm soooooo sorry for the extremely long wait. This chapter was originally longer, but I've decided to divide it into two. That means my next chapter is pretty much written so I hope to have it posted next Saturday. I am not abandoning the story. I've written too much to stop now! Thank you for your patience and please forgive any mistakes as this was not beta'd. Please review so I know you are still interested!
CHAPTER 57

“Elizabeth,” Connor came over to me, dragging his feet. “I don’t feel good.”

“Come here, sweetie.” I hauled him up next to me on the bed and put my hand to his forehead. He didn’t feel hot. “Where do you hurt?”

Laying his head on my shoulder, Connor pouted, “my tummy.”

Hugging him close, I rubbed his belly to make him feel a little bit better. “Oh, poor baby. Maybe you shouldn’t have had three beignets after dinner tonight.”

“What’s going on?” Will asked upon seeing us snuggled on the bed as he came through the attic door with Dawn in tow.

“Connor has a tummy ache.”

“Hmm, I wonder if that’s because you ate yours, mine, and Beth’s dessert tonight.” Will said facetiously.

“That’s what I said.” I laughed, jiggling Connor unappreciatively.

“Ow. Stop laughing. You’re shaking me up more.” Connor squirmed in my arms, trying to get loose from my grip. “It’s not funny, it really hurts.”

Realizing he was very serious, I tried to placate him. “I’m sorry sweetie. Lay down here next to me and William will get you some ginger ale.” I hoped Dawn didn’t drink it all.

“We have one left just for you.” Will said, popping open the can and pouring some into a paper cup from on top of the mini-fridge. “Drink some now and I’ll let the rest sit to get rid of the bubbles. That should help you feel better.”

Connor grabbed hold of the cup and started sipping the soda slowly. “Maybe you can tell me a story to make me feel better.”

“You want a new Buffy story?” Will asked while he grabbed a children’s aspirin from the First Aid kit.

Connor nodded his head, still sipping the soda.

“You want it, you got it.” Will responded. “Why don’t you get changed into your pajamas and I’ll tell you a story before bed.” Handing Connor the aspirin, he continued, “Take this and then we can all settle down to listen to the story.”

“Come on, Connor. I’ll get your jammies.” I got up from the bed, heading to the bureau as Connor took the aspirin. “I’ll put mine on too; it’ll be like a slumber party.”

With Connor, Dawn and I in our night clothes snuggled under the covers in the bed, Will sat at the bottom weaving his tale. It always amazed me at how quick Will could come up with a plot that was relevant to the situations we were currently experiencing.

Tonight, his story revolved around the slayer being sick with the flu. When Buffy collapsed after a patrol of the cemetery, she was whisked off to the hospital by her sister and friends. In her feverish state, she saw a tall, demonic figure following some of the other sick children in her ward. One of the children, Ryan (which happened to be the name of one of Connor’s friends on his old baseball team back in LA), told her ‘it’s Death coming for them all.’ The next morning, the slayer witnessed one of the doctors being attacked and killed by an invisible force. Knowing it had to be the same demon she saw the day before, she had Ryan draw a picture of the demon and then she gave it to Cordelia and her watcher to research. Meanwhile, she prolonged her stay in the hospital trying to protect the children and find the demon.

Listening to the story, I was afraid that if Will made the story too harrowing Connor might be scared that his sickness was more serious than it probably was considering that no one had caught any kind of flu since coming to Rayne Manor. Plus, Will made the story in his usual frightening fashion with the detailed gory descriptions of the demon and the deaths in the hospital, but the twins seemed engrossed in the story so I put aside my worry to enjoy it with them.

We learned that Cordelia discovered the name of the demon was Der Kindestod and he killed his victims by sitting on their chest and sucking the life out of them. With this new information, the slayer sprung into action to defeat the demon, but she realized that she could only see him while sick. Injecting herself with a flu virus, she sought him out, only to find that he had wrangled all of the sick children to the basement. She found them in time to see Der Kindestod sitting atop Ryan amidst other screaming children. Buffy flung the demon off of her new friend and started to fight the demon. Weak from the flu, Buffy was pinned by Der Kindestod, who immediately tried to suck out her life force, but she was too determined to kill him since he preyed on innocent children. She grabbed his head and snapped his neck, killing him instantly. Victorious, she found the children to let them know they would never be bothered by the demon again.

William ended the story on a somewhat lighter note. “A few weeks after leaving the hospital, the Slayer received a letter in the mail. When she opened it, it was a picture of her as a superhero killing Der Kindestod. It was signed by a healthy Ryan, finally out of the hospital, thanking her for saving his life. The end.”

“Yay! Buffy kicked that demon’s butt.” Connor said with more energy than he had showed all night.

“Are you feeling better then?” I asked.

“A little bit.” He replied with a shrug of his shoulder. “A Buffy story always makes me feel better though. They make me happy because she always beats the bad guys no matter what.”

“Well, I’m glad I could cheer you up.” Will said as he stood up from the end of the bed. “I think you should still get to bed though. A good night’s sleep will help you to feel good as new in the morning.”

“I guess so.” Connor reluctantly agreed even though it was still pretty early for their bedtime.

“Come on, Dawn. You too.” I gave Connor a kiss on the forehead before pushing Dawn out of his bed to put her into her own.

“Why do I have to go to bed? I don’t feel sick.” Dawn whined.

“Let’s call it a precautionary measure. If he’s sick, that means you’ll probably get it too, so maybe this will stop you from getting it. You can have a glass of orange juice before bed for Vitamin C.” It was a somewhat lame excuse, but I wanted to talk to Will about Connor’s sickness alone.

“Fine,” Dawn huffed, getting into her bed.

Once the twins were settled in bed, I felt Connor’s forehead one more time before going upstairs with William.

“Do you think Connor’s okay?” I asked worried about what we would do if he was seriously sick.

“Yeah, I think he just had too many sweets for dessert.” Will said as calm as day.

“Probably, but none of us have been sick since we’ve been here except during Drusilla’s foray into starvation. What if it’s really serious?”

“Elizabeth, he just ate too much. It’s a stomach ache; he’ll be fine tomorrow morning.” Will assured me before coming over to caress his hands up my bare arms. “Now, stop thinking about that and come take care of your slayer duties.”

“Oh, and what would those be?” I said in my most innocent of voice, knowing full well where Will was going with this. “Staking evil vampires?”

As Will slid his hand underneath my tank top to bring it up over my head, he laughed. “Actually, I was thinking of this vampire staking you.” His mouth came down to suck at the nape of my neck, while he guided my hand to his jean clad erection. “I have just the stake to pierce you with.” His hand sat atop mine, as we stroked his cock together. “It’s big and hard and will stab you until you scream.”

I groaned when his teeth lightly nipped at my breast. “God, yes. I want you to stake me fast and hard.”

Will growled when I said this, and his lips crashed against mine. I knew he loved it when I went along with some rough play, and I could tell by the intensity of his kiss that our time together was going to be just what I asked for – fast and hard. He grabbed me around the waist and brought me down quick to the mattress. My legs wrapped around his hips automatically, as we both fumbled to undo the button and zipper of his jeans.

Once his jeans were discarded, he flipped me over so I lay on my stomach. He quickly yanked my night shorts off of me and slapped at my naked ass cheek. “Get on your knees.”

I yelped as he spanked me again, but quickly got on all fours.
“You better be ready, because I’m not going to be nice to you this time. I’m going to give you exactly what you asked for.” Without checking to see if I was wet, he lined his dick up against my pussy and plunged inside.

Of course, he didn’t have to worry as I was already sopping from his words; despite this fact, I still cried out in pleasure when he first stabbed inside me. At the speed of a jackhammer, his cock pounded roughly in and out of me, resulting in a steady hum of satisfaction from deep inside my throat. Every once in a while he would spank me, causing me to yelp in surprise and blissful pain.

“I’m going to come all over you, Slayer. Mark you as mine so all the other vampires know who you belong to.” Will rumbled between clenched teeth.

I wasn’t close to coming, but I wasn’t able to tell Will that because he grabbed at my hair with one hand and roughly fingered my clit with the other. My mouth opened in a silent scream as he brought his lubricated thumb to my puckered hole and unceremoniously slid it inside. My inner walls clamped down on Will’s cock as the unexpected orgasm rocked through my body.

“Fuck,” Will cried out as he struggled to contain himself. Losing the battle, he pulled out of me fast in order for his cum to cover my back.

My arms started to shake at the intensity of my climax. Noticing this, Will removed himself from my body and gently brought us down to the comfort of the mattress as we both recovered.

Any worry that I might have had about Connor had effectively exited my brain.