Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, so this story is now finished!! it's kind of corny, but I hope you like it!
Chapter Seven

Principal Snyder waited as Tara put her cup and plate down, and then they walked over to the hall, which he then signaled for the rest of them to follow suit. Dawn was in a heated conversation with Connor, who looked like he’d been slapped himself. Buffy couldn’t believe that her Homecoming dance was ending like this. She just knew that they were going to get kicked out because of this. What hurt her most of all...was Angel. She’d really liked him and he’d just used her to show Spike he was better then him. It only showed her that Angel was a coward and a bully. Tara took a deep breath before explaining things to Principal Snyder.

“ Okay, here’s what happened. Angel saw Buffy talking to her friend, Spike and he got jealous. Him, Riley, and Lindsey proceeded to jump Spike while shoving Buffy out of the way. Xander and Buffy were only trying to get the guys off Spike, but I think they both got hit in the crossfire.” Snyder sighed and shook his head. He turned to look at Buffy and Xander with a glare.

“ Is this true, Summers? What about you Harris?” They both nodded their agreement, and Buffy spoke up.

“ Spike wasn’t doing anything at all but talking to me, and Angel had his friends start hitting him. I just wanted them to leave him alone, and Xander was just trying to help too.” Xander, who was holding a napkin over his eye, spoke his agreement. Principal Snyder nodded finally and sighed.

“ Okay, you three, you’re outta here. I really should throw you out too, Mr. Hayden, but since you didn’t start it, I’ll let it slide. Thank you Ms. Mclay for telling me the truth.” After that he shooed them back into the gym. Buffy immediately excused herself to the bathroom, which Willow and Dawn followed. Spike was extremely grateful that Snyder hadn’t kicked him out of the party. He felt so bad for Buffy right now, but there wasn’t anything that he could do about it.
*** *** *** *** ***
Buffy had gone into the bathroom, and immediately collapsed into tears. She couldn’t believe that Angel had used her like that, and she felt bad for her sister too. Dawn had been an innocent bystander in the whole thing. When she heard the door open, she picked her feet up, so no one could see her under the stall.

“ Buffy, we know you’re in here, so just come on out!” Buffy relaxed when she heard Willow’s voice.

“ I’m in here, Willow, but give me a minute.” When she thought that she was presentable, she emerged from the bathroom. Willow rushed over to her and hugged her. When she let go, her sister hugged her too.

“ God, Dawnie, I’m soo sorry that you got caught in the middle of all this.” Dawn let go of Buffy with a surprised look.

“ Buffy, none of this was your fault. Those guys are jerks, and I fell for it too. I didn’t want to come with Connor anyway, but Doyle asked someone else.” Buffy looked at her with a sympathetic smile.

“ I know exactly how you feel. I think I’m going to call mom, and have her come and pick me up.” Willow interjected just then.

“ Oh, I don’t think so! After the dance, we’re going for food, and then we’re going bowling just like we’d planned. You two are going to have fun if it kills me!” Buffy grinned and looked into the mirror.

“ Willow, look at me! I can’t go back out there looking like this!” Just then they heard another voice join them. It was Tara.

“ I’ve some make-up that can fix that, Buffy. Sorry to interrupt, but Xander and Spike are worried about the two of you.” Buffy smiled warmly at the other girl.

“ Thank you, I really appreciate it. You’re not interrupting anything.” She grinned and pulled out all of her make-up.

After fifteen minutes, it didn’t look like Buffy had cried at all, she looked perfect. They emerged arm in arm, and the guys rushed to meet them. Buffy could tell that Spike was worried, and she smiled at him. He grabbed her hand and bent his head.

“ Are you okay, Summers? Tara said she thought you got hit.” She shook her head.

“ No, Riley just shoved me around really hard, but no hitting. I hit Lindsey, though, did you see?” He laughed and shook his head.

“ No, but I wish I had. I say, we all go on the dance floor, and dance til we ache. Then we’ll go get food and catch some bowling.” Buffy nodded her agreement and followed everyone onto the floor.

The rest of the evening went by really well for them. Tara, Xander, Willow, Oz, Buffy, Spike, Dawn, and surprisingly, Doyle all danced together in a circle. No one joked or made fun of them because they were definitely in the ‘cool’ club. About an hour before the dance ended, they headed back out to the limo to go meet their reservations. They were minus two people because of Angel and Drusilla, but Doyle blew off his date to come along for Dawn’s sake. Everyone got dropped off at the Summer’s residence because all of their cars had been left there. When they got home, Doyle kissed Dawn goodnight, which she swooned all the way to her room, causing Buffy to bubble over with laughter. Spike took Buffy’s hand and guided her to the porch.

“ Buffy, I’m really sorry that I didn’t ask you to go with me. I really wanted to, but I guess I was too chicken.” Buffy smiled and put her hand on his cheek.

“ It’s okay, the night ended right. I really wanted to go with you too, but I couldn’t wait forever for you to ask me.” Spike nodded his head.

“ Thank you for coming to my aid tonight. You looked magnificent marching up to Riley and Lindsey.” Buffy smiled beautifully at him and sighed.

“ Spike, when are you going to ask me out? I’ve waited for a long time for you, and you still haven’t done anything.” He grinned and leaned forward, capturing her mouth with his.

“ I’m very sorry for my mishap. Let me rectify that right now.” He grabbed her hand and didn’t speak for a while.

“ I know it’s kind of late notice, but I want you to be my girlfriend. We’re going to the same college, so that won’t be a problem. I’ve been in love with you from the moment you spoke to me. You’re beautiful, smart, and incredibly kind. And I’m yours for absolutely forever.” Buffy sighed, and leaned into him, resting her forehead on his.

“ I’d love to be your girlfriend, Spike. Can I call you, William, though? I want to call you something that no one ever does.” When he smiled and nodded his agreement, she smiled brilliantly at him.

“ William, how can you say you’re mine forever? Forever is a terribly long time, and we’re only seventeen.” He grinned and kissed her lightly again.

“ Believe me, Pet, I’m not going anywhere. Forever is a Promise from me, and I mean it.” She quietly squealed and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“ It had better be, buster.” With that she kissed him passionately.