Author's Chapter Notes:
This series is meant to explain everything that happened between the time everyone was crying for the Buffster and till she was brought back.

This is also my first ever fic so if it's different than my newer stuff that's why.
Part two of the series
Summer in Sunnydale

**My Little Reminder**


By: MsBigBad
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimers: I don't own any of the characters used in this story. I'm just using them for entertainment cause I'm an obsessed freak! They belong to UPN,FOX, Mutant Ememy, and the wonderfully talented Joss Wheedon whom I love and adore! The song "Dosed" is by The Red Hot Chili Peppers and is used w/o permission. The poem is by Robert Frost entitled "Revelations".

Ships: Not really that shippy mostly goes along with the story line but I'll list the ships anyway just so everyone is clear. Spike/Buffy Willow/Tara and Xander/Anya. Everyone else is pretty much on their own.

Spoilers: Through "The Gift" the season five finale. Some references to things said in season six, but none are really spoilery.

Feedback: Please tell me what you think about both the story and the series.
You can reach me at msbigbad@msn.com or msbigbad17@yahoo.com -- or join my site at www.groups.yahoo.com/group/bigbadhavens

Note: This series is meant to explain everything that happened between the time everyone was crying for the Buffster and till she was brought back.

Summary: This story shows the way that Dawn feels about losing her sister. Plus Spike bondage. Well, not the erotic kind but hey!

Thanks: I want to thank my best friend Lauren for giving me the strength to finish this series. Also she gets credit for making me a dedicated watcher of the show!!! So lots of luvs to her! Mwahhh! I also want to thank the cast,crew,writers,producers, and everyone else affiliated with the show! Thanks for making it the best damn hour of television ever. Especially James Marsters, which anyone who knows me can tell you that I am beyond obsessed with! He's a great actor, writer, and person!! Last and most definatly not least I wanna thank you for reading! Especially if you read through all of this crap that I usually don't read!!Lot's of love to ya! Enjoy! Mwahhh!!!

Rated: PG-13 For some language and adult content.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We make ourselves a place apart
Behind light words that tease and flout,
But oh, the agitated heart
Till someone find us really out.

Tis pity if the case require
(or so we say) that in the end
We speak the literal to inspire
The understanding of a friend.

But so with all , from babes that play
At hide-and-seek to God afar,
So all who hide too well away
Must speak and tell us where they are.

-from “Revelations” by Robert Frost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It had been nearly 3 weeks since her sister had given her life for her and the world.

She had gone through many changes both environmental and emotional.

The first week she had stayed with Giles, but then Willow and Tara had moved into the Summers house to take care of her.

She instantly clenched her jaw at that thought. She could take care of herself; she wasn't a child.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got dosed by you
Closer than most to you
What am I supposed to do
Take it away
I never had it anyway
Take it away
I never had it anyway
Take it away
And everything will be okay
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone was dealing with their grief in their own way. Anya was counting the money over and over which wasn't very indifferent but Ben and Jerry where now her best friends. Xander was not making big with the jokes as Buffy would of put it, which was very weird. Giles was even more fatherly and British than before, if that was possiable. Willow and Tara were always hugging and Tara had taken up cooking, not her best hobby, and Spike she hadn't even seen Spike since that night at the tower. Xander was talking about him to Anya the night it happened. He said he was messed up in the violent way. She got that. It was so horrible and it was her fault. It was her fault that everyone was so sad. It was her fault Buffy was dead. No wonder Spike hated her. She'd caused him so much pain; he probably never wanted to see her again.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In you a star is born
You cut a perfect form
Someone forever warm
Lay on
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Good Morning Sunnydale! It's 8:30 on this wonderful Tuesday morning!!!!"

Her hand went to the irritating alarm clock and she quickly shut up the all to cheerful announcer.

"Dawn! Dawn! Are you up yet?"

"Coming Tara!"

"Do you want regular or funny shapes?"

"Regular will be fine!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Way up on the mountain
Where she died
All I ever wanted
Was your life
Deep inside the canyon
I can't hide
All I ever wanted
Was your life
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


She didn't know why she bothered to answer that way they'd turn out funny shapes anyway. She quickly changed out of her PJ's, brushed her hair and applied a dash of make-up and headed down the stairs.

"Sorry"

"It's ok. It still tastes the same."

Like burnt rocks! she thought as she tried to consume the nearly inedible pancake.

"Better eat up, Jan will be here soon." She pushed the pancake around on her plate for a minute trying to force herself to be polite.

"Oh I, I think that's Jan now gotta go bye!"

"But, but you haven't ate your pancakes!"

"That's ok me and Jan `ll get somethin' promise!"

She met Jan outside of her house, they had decided to walk to the mall together since it was relatively warm outside. It was nice to go out with her friends, she hadn't been anywhere since she found out she was the key. As they made they're way down the street talking about how hot the guys where going to be in High School reality struck. The direction they where going they would pass by it, the tower, the symbol of the end of her okay life.

"Jan um Why Why don't we um go go to the …pool let's just skip the mall and and go to the pool ya know lots of hot guys in speedos, water, in the other direction."

"Dawn, we're already half way there, and we don't have our bathing suits!"

"Bathing suits!"


Hum, what was it that Giles and Spike always seemed to say when they where in a predicament like this, Bugger all?

"Well who needs bathing suits! I mean the senior guys I bet they'd like that us with the no bathing suit look with the no bathing suits all sexy and"

She was starting to make a complete fool of herself but the pressure was on just a few more steps and she'd be able to see the tower.

"I can't do this Jan. I'm sorry I, I gotta go!"

"Dawn what's wrong!"

"I just I can't"
She took off running as fast as her legs would take her leaving Jan screaming behind her. She didn't even realize where she was going she just followed her feet. They somehow lead her to the carousel in the park. She remembered telling Riley about it. He didn't understand only Buffy and her mom could understand. She sat on the bench just staring at it. The sun had started to set she should be getting home. It was no telling what trouble she'd be in with Willow and Tara.As she walked the streets she began to think which made her completely oblivious to the vamps stalking, her waiting for the right moment to jump out and inflict fear into her veins before draining them. One started in on her but he was quickly batted away by a strong hand.

"'ello boys lookin' for some action? Can I get in on all the fun?"

They started attacking him. He easily staked two but then four more come at him at the same time. Quickly she looked around for a weapon the only thing she could find was half of a two by four. By the time she got back over to Spike the dust had settled and Spike was lighting a cigarette.

"Thanks ducks, but I don't think they'll be comin' back."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

"I, I better go. Willow and Tara are waiting for me."

"Yeah."

"Bye Spike."

"C-ya Lil bit."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Show love with no remorse
Climb onto your seahorse
This ride is right on course
This is the way I wanted it to be with you
This is the way that I knew it would be with you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Protect her for me."

"Till the end of the world…"

What was he doing? She already almost got killed and she wasn't even halfway home yet. He quickly ran after her.

"Dawn! Oie! Wait! Dawn!"

She kept walking hoping he'd just go away, disappear like he had when she'd died. It didn't work; he just pursued her faster.

"Dawn! Nibblet! Wait!"

He was gaining on her.

"Stupid vampire speed," she thought "stupid vampire."

He was close enough to touch her now, and did. He grabbed her arm.

"Wait!" he said with force as he slung her around to face him.

His face before cold was now contorted into pain for her as he saw the tears stream down her cheeks.

"What's wrong luv?"

"Nothing. Just, go away. You're good at that."
She said the last bit under her breath but he could still hear. His face grew somber then he started to chuckle.

" What?" She asked him disgusted at the way he was behaving.

"Just make sure you put in that I'm an evil thing and we`d have our slayer back."

She frowned at this. This was not the way she wanted him to think of her. She never was her sister no matter how much she'd wished to be.

"Is that why you don't come around anymore? `Cause I remind you of her?"

He looked at her staring at him knowing , seeing right through him almost. He had to lie to her.

" No Nibblet. I do wanna see you it's just that……"

"Or is it because I'm not supposed to be here, because if I'd of just died then she'd be here."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Way upon the mountain
Where she died
All I ever wanted
was your life
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He grabbed her arm again pulling them face-to-face. This time there was no lying.

"Don't ever think that again! Ever. You hear me? I'm happy you didn't die. Are you forgetting who got thrown off a tower trying to save your life? I didn't fancy breaking all those bones! Especially not to play it off like I cared if I didn't."

He was dead serious and she knew it. He paused a minute and just stared at her studying her.

"Is that what's wrong with you? Me not being there? Or is it because she's not there either? Do ya just miss `er?"

She hung her head down as more tears flowed down her cheeks and dripped off her chin.

"Of course I miss her. She was my sister. She was the only person I had. Mom was gone. All I had was Buffy. Now I don't have her…I don't have anyone."

"Course ya do. Got me."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got dosed by you
Closer than most to you
What am I supposed to do
Take it away
I never had it anyway
Take it away
And everything will be okay
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




He put his arms around her as she left liquidy traces of her pain on his t-shirt.

"I'm sorry Spike. It wasn't your fault. It was mine."

"Wrong again sweet bit. S' not your fault. So don't even start at think it in that pretty lil' head of yours. You didn't let her die Dawn, okay? You begged her not ta do it. You did more," he swallowed to lump in his throat.

"did more than any of us. She's dead, an' she's not comin' back, an' we just gotta be strong. She knew we'd protect you. And it's time I do my part, keep my promise."

Tears poured out of his eyes and onto her face.

"Oh God don't cry! Spike don't cry!"
"Not like I'm bloody well tryin' to."

"Okay now you're makin' me cry!"

They both looked at each other as they losely hugged in the alleyway. Then, as if finally realizing how poofy he was being he got up, looked around, and helped Dawn up. She looked at him and laughed as he scanned the area one more time.

"What, afraid I've ruined you're bad boy image!"

"Hey are evil nasties gonna be scared if they see me sittin' on the sidewalk cryin' like a bloody girl!"

The sun was starting to come up as they neared the Summer's house.

"How am I supposed to get in?" she asked him.

"The window, classic Summers style!"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Way upon the mountain
where she died
All I ever wanted
Was your life
Deep inside the canyon
I can't hide
All I ever wanted was your life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE END


~Continued in part 3 of Summer in Sunnydale "Delusions"~