Author's Chapter Notes:
Betaed by Tasha
Chapter 23 Have Some Faith

Buffy moaned in pleasure as she sank into the bath water. Patrol had been hard the past few nights because she and Spike had to work hard to avoid the Initiative patrols. Her Sultana powers told her that most of the soldiers weren't evil, but there were a few that gave her the heebie-jeebies.

Spike leaned against the doorjamb as he watched his mate enjoy her bath. The bleached blond considered how much his life had changed over the past few months. He had come to Sunnydale to kill the Slayer, but now they were mated. What amazed him the most was how she let him feed on her. Just a few mouthfuls on a daily basis, usually during sex, was more than enough to keep him going.

"Hey, baby." Buffy didn't have to open her eyes to know her guy was watching her. "Come join me." She held out a warm, water-soaked hand.

"Maybe I just want to watch, Slayer." Spike stared at Buffy. "I like to watch you."

"I know you do." Buffy grinned as the memories of Spike watching her filtered through her mind. "You were a very, very bad vampire that first night."

"What can I say, baby. I've always been bad." Spike stalked towards the tub, shedding clothing as he walked. "You're a tricky girl, not doing anything by the handbook."

"Well, I've never read it. So, how can I do anything by it?" Buffy opened her eyes when she felt Spike step into the bath. "Besides, I don't think the handbook would have helped me against a certain bleached blond pain in the ass vampire."

"Come here, luv. Let me be a real pain in the ass." Spike pulled Buffy close, and he palmed the globes of her ass in his hands, with his pinkie fingers resting close to the puckered hole hidden there.

Buffy closed her arms around Spike's neck, and she pulled his face to her throat. "I love you, Spike."

The vampire covered the Slayer's pulse point with his mouth, and he lightly sucked on her soft, delicious flesh. I love you, too, Buffy. I'm drowning in you. You're in my gut, my heart. You're my everything.

"Oh, Spike," Buffy moaned while she wiggled in pleasure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you ready yet, Slayer?" Spike called up the stairs even though he knew she wasn't.

Someone left hickeys all over me! Buffy's indignant voice echoed through Spike's mind. There is no way I can show up at Mom's gallery with love bites all over me.

I have them too, luv. You don't hear me complaining. Spike looked up just in time to see Buffy descend the staircase. "Hello, cutie," he said. "Let's stay home."

Buffy rolled her eyes at Spike's reaction to her dress, hair, and makeup. If he had his way, she'd stay in bed all the time. When she reached the bottom steps, she slipped into Spike's arms. "I hope this all goes okay tonight. Last time I had anything to do with Mom's gallery, we were fighting zombies."

"That sounds like quite a tale, Slayer." Spike helped Buffy put on the wrap that came with her dress. "Tell me all about it on the way."

Spike and Buffy left their house to drive to the gallery where the jewelry auction was being held. The Slayer regaled the vampire with her zombie tale. When they arrived at their destination, Spike helped Buffy from the Desoto.

"McDonald accepted your invite, Buffy," Spike whispered into the blond woman's ear. "Make sure to introduce him to lawyer-girl."

"Gotcha. Let's go mingle." Buffy grabbed Spike's hand. "This auction should be a lot less hectic than the last one."

Spike and Buffy entered the art gallery. She went to find the female Scoobies while he found Clem to talk to. When RoseSeri arrived with her mates, Buffy broke away from her friends to do the introductions that Spike had suggested.

"RoseSeri, this is Lindsey McDonald." Buffy smiled at the woman. "Lindsey, this is RoseSeri Hassib from the Celestial Council."

"Charmed." Lindsey bowed over RoseSeri's hand.
"Thank you, Buffy." RoseSeri nodded to the Slayer before she turned to the male lawyer. "Now, Mr. McDonald, the top partners at the CC are willing to triple any offers set forth by Wolfram & Hart."

"Lindsey's eyebrow shot up. "Triple? Are you pulling my leg?"

"Absolutely not!" RoseSeri assured the male lawyer.

"You've got yourself a deal." Lindsey stuck out his hand. He smiled widely when RoseSeri shook it.
"Excellent. I'm sure you'll enjoy life on the Hellmouth," RoseSeri said.

"Oh yeah, the thrill of a lifetime," Buffy chuckled. "I need to go find Spike. Welcome to Sunnydale, Mr. McDonald." She gave the two lawyers a smile before she wandered off.

Before long, the auction started. It didn't do quite as well as the one in Los Angeles, but everyone was happy with the results. Joyce received a hefty commission, and Spike and Buffy added a nice sum of money to their growing bank account. Giles even had a nice talk with Mr. Bogerty about the magic shop. Everybody went home happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Across town, at Sunnydale General Hospital, a dark-haired girl moaned and twitched. She was starting wake up from her nine month long coma.

Buffy moaned in her sleep too. Spike, who was downstairs watching a late night B horror flick, stiffened as the Slayer dream started.

Spike watched his mate and another girl he knew from Buffy's memories to be the other Slayer make the bed in Buffy's bedroom at Joyce's house. He listened not so much to the words but to Buffy's inner thoughts. What the other said about a sister coming was interesting, but odd. Spike's eyebrows shot up when the mood changed, and Buffy had a hold of a knife in the other Slayer's gut.

Buffy woke with a start, to find Spike standing at the bedroom door. She waved him over for a snuggle.

"That was one weird dream, luv."

"Yeah, it was," Buffy answered with a huff. "Why the heck was Faith in it? I think I'll go check on her after my morning classes. Just to make sure she's still in her coma."

"Might be a good idea." Spike curled his body around Buffy's. "Do you have a little sister, Slayer? That ponce father of yours leavin' little ones around?"

"I don't think so, but that was weird." Buffy yawned. "Then, again, Slayer dreams usually are. You missed the one with the Gentlemen."

He didn't miss much, Willow broke in. Not to interrupt, but Tara, Serina and I are checking out some mystical hot spots first thing in the morning. We could check on Faith, if you'd like.

Thanks, Willow, Buffy mumbled sleepily. She drifted off again, content in the arms of her mate.

You're up early, Red, Spike said softly. Everything okay?

Just peachy, Spike, Willow replied. Checking mystical energies works best between two and three in the morning when on the Hellmouth.

Get some rest, pet. Spike cuddled up to Buffy, and he drifted off to sleep himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Buffy should be pleased that Faith isn't awake," Serina observed. "That girl sounds like a real piece of work."

"Oh, she was." Willow nodded. "She teamed up with the Mayor when he tried to ascend. I don't think she'll cause Buffy any problems now anyway."

"Is there something we could do to warn us if she wakes up?" Tara asked in a soft voice.

"That might be a good idea, but not here." Serina smiled at the young Wicca. "That one nurse keeps looking at us oddly."

"Hey, isn't that Riley?" Willow had been distracted by a commotion down the hall. "I don't think it's a good thing that the Initiative is here where a comatose Slayer is at."

"Me either," Serina added. "We might want to put a tracking spell on Faith too. Just in case, the soldiers are somehow able to get a hold of her."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willow woke up that night, and she knew that Faith was awake. She wondered what exactly Buffy's latest Slayer dream could have meant. Spike seemed disturbed by Faith's reference to a little sister.

Buffy, Faith's awake, Willow said. How are we going to handle this?

Well, I don't think she's gonna be too happy with the knife in the gut thing, Buffy answered with a sigh. I guess we wait for her to come to us.

We need to keep an eye out for Riley and his boys, Willow added. They're really interested in her.

I guess if they can't get to me, then they'll try for her. Buffy blanched at the idea. She didn't really like Faith, but there was no way she wanted the young woman to fall into the hands of the Initiative. Meet me at the campus at ten. We'll do coffee before class.

Did you hear? Willow asked. No one can find Professor Walsh. We have a new teacher.
Cool. Do you know who?

Believe it or not, Reggie, Willow answered excitedly. It appears he has a degree in psychology.

Cool! Buffy yawned. Been tired lately. I'm going home early tonight.

Night, Buffy.

At ten the next morning, the Slayer and the witch met just as planned. They were about to head out across the sunlit campus when they were confronted by Faith.

"Hey, B, long time, no see." Faith smirked at Buffy.

Before Buffy could respond several soldiers surrounded the three girls. Riley was noticeably absent. "Step away from her, madam." One of the soldiers ordered Buffy. "She's a dangerous criminal. We have to take her in."

"You mean take her to your not so secret lab and experiment on her," Buffy scoffed. "Well, you can't have her." She grabbed Faith's arm. "You tell whoever is in charge now that the Slayer's stick together."

"We do?" Faith asked in astonishment. "Since when?"

"Since now," Buffy replied. She stepped between Faith and the soldier. "Like we told Walsh, leave us alone. You have no idea what you're dealing with."

The soldier laughed. He'd heard the stories about this girl, but he was sure he could intimidate her away from his prey. "A little girl like you doesn't scare me. Now give her to me."

"You're new, aren't you?" Buffy asked with disdain. "You guys come to the Hellmouth thinking you know all when really you don't know shit."

"Well, that's the government for you, B," Faith said. "Be thankful you never had to deal with Social Services." The dark-haired girl shuddered.

The soldier took a step closer to the three girls, but a menacing growl behind him halted him in his tracks. He turned to find a slender, bleached blond man, a dark-haired man, and another woman behind him.

"You touch my mate, and you'll learn the meaning of pain," the blond growled.

"I don't think so, punk." The soldier chortled. There was no way this little man was a vampire. For one thing, vamps don't go out in the sun much. "Now, in the name of the United States government, you're all under arrest."

"Scatter!" Buffy yelled. She grabbed Faith's arm, and she pulled the other Slayer away from the soldiers.

"Anyanka, send these gits to Timbucktoo or something," Spike said.

"Okey, dokey." Anya switched to her demonic visage, and with a wiggle of her fingers the soldiers disappeared.

"Too bad we couldn't make most of the Initiative forget about us." Xander stared at the spot where the soldiers had been. "The higher ups anyway. Graham's not too bad for a soldier."

"Done!" Anya announced.

"Wow, you're good." Xander grinned at his girlfriend.
"Of course, I am." Anya smiled back.

Meanwhile, Buffy and Willow dragged Faith towards Buffy's house.

"So, another vamp, B?" Faith wiggled her eyebrows. "What happened to good old Angel?"

"He left me." Buffy gave Faith a glare. "But Spike's much better. He's not commitment leery."

"That was Spike? 'Kidnap Will and the Xan-man' Spike?" Faith's eyebrows rose. "He's a hottie. By the way, how'd he get out in the sun like that?"

"Trade secret." Buffy wasn't going to tell the other Slayer about the gem. At least, not yet. "By now, the Council is sure to know you're awake. We need to get you out of town before they figure out where you are."

"Angel wants her to join him." Willow had a far away look in her eyes. "Cordy and Doyle are on their way. They should be here in a couple of hours."

"Great." The three girls stopped outside of Spike and Buffy's house. "Well, Faith, welcome to Casa Slayer-Aurelius." Buffy turned to Willow. "Why don't you go on to class? Tell Reggie what happened, and take really good notes."

"No problemo," Willow said. She hurried back towards the campus.

Faith and Buffy went inside the house to wait for Cordelia and Doyle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giles made it back to his apartment just after dark. Serina and he had a nice afternoon exploring a temple that she had discovered nearby. He switched on the light, but nothing happened. This puzzled him, and he tried it a few more times until a slight noise behind him caught his attention.

The desk light came on, and Giles could see three men waiting for him.

"Hello Rupert," John Flesher, head of the Council's black ops teams, said. "We're here for Faith."

"Be that as it may, she's not here in Sunnydale anymore," Giles replied. "She's someplace where she won't cause any problems, and she may very well learn how to be the Slayer she was meant to be.

"Travers will be very angry," Flesher said.

"Well, Quentin can kiss my arse," Giles said with a smirk. He leaned closer to Flesher. "I talked to Ethan recently. He remembers your aunt with great fondness."

Flesher growled in anger. Even after all these years, he was still mad at Rayne for seducing his relative. Especially since his aunt had sung Ethan's praises for years.

"Oh don't be grumpy." Giles gave the other man a very Ripper-like grin. "I'm sure if I asked nicely he'd come for a visit."

"Tell us where the Slayer is," one of the other men growled.

Giles recognized him as Miles O'Brien, Flesher's second in command. "No! She's gone." He stood up straight as he could. "Get out of Sunnydale before the other Slayer decides to kick you out."

"We're trained to deal with Slayers, Rupert." Flesher smirked at the ex-Wacher. "And their Watchers, too."

"Ah, yes, you're trained to deal with lonely little girls. Not Slayers who have thwarted as many apocalypses as Buffy," Giles informed the black ops man with a sneer. "She's got resources and reserves you can't even imagine. Get out of Sunnydale."

"Travers will hear of this!" Flesher stood, and he swept out of the apartment followed by his minions.

"Good riddance to bad rubbish," Giles called after them. He shut the door, and he went to the phone. Maybe it was time to talk to Quentin Travers personally.