Author's Chapter Notes:
I wanted to say again, that yes, my characters are a bit off canon. My betas and I are happy with the story as is. I am sorry if this offends anyone. This is how I wish things had played out, not what really happened. Some of the things that happen are totally different from the show because the plot bunny/characters demands them. For example, in this chapter Riley told me that Professor Walsh told him to get closer to Buffy so that is why he does what he does.

This chapter uses some dialouge from the show.

If any of the information given out about Spike/William sounds familiar, that's because the brillantly superb Tasha graciously allowed me to use her William info from Revenge for Love.

I am taking liberties with the one frat guys name because in the episode, Fear, Itself, he was either guy 1 or broken neck guy. LOL, so I am going to call him Guy. He looks like a Guy. The other one was named Chaz, we find that out later in the real episode.
Spike had Buffy up against a crypt, kissing her for all he was worth. Unlife couldn't get any better than this, he thought. His hands ghosted up to caress the roundness of her full breasts, flicking the hard nipples with his thumbs. Buffy moaned then pulled her lips away from Spike's.

"God, luv, I am not sure if you are an angel or a devil, the way you tempt me," murmured Spike.

"You have to get a house or something, Spike, now. I am serious, we won't be having sex in crypts or graveyards," Buffy muttered as her vampire lover moved his mouth down her jawline to her neck. Spike was total entranced at how responsive his Slayer was to his advances. He didn't particularly want to get caught with his pants down out in the open either. Not that he cared about having an audience, he just didn't want to have any demons catch them unawares. Spike pulled away from his mate reluctantly.

"On it tomorrow, pet. I will probably have to go out of town to find demon jewel appraiser, though, for the treasure of Amara," Spike said. He grabbed his cigarettes out of his pocket and lit one. He used this activity to tone down his raging libido. He watched as Buffy attempted to collect herself.

"Why a demon appraiser? Why not just ask mom to have it done? I bet she could use the commission," asked Buffy. Before answering, Spike used his senses to make sure there were no eavesdroppers nearby, human or demon. He held his hand up, showing the ring he was wearing.

"This might not be the only item with mystical properties. Anything like that will have to be handled by a special auction house owned by Wolfram and Hart, but anything ordinary can be handled by your mum. Besides, the Gem of Amara is too vulnerable as a ring. Gonna have a copy made to wear then do something else with the real one, conceal it on my body somehow," Spike informed Buffy. Buffy nodded, seeing the truth in his words.

With one last bone-melting kiss, Spike and Buffy left the cemetery behind. Spike escorted his Slayer back to her dorm before setting off into the dark to check on his minions and collect the treasure of Amara. He needed to get it to a safe place before something happened.

The next few days were a flurry of activity for the Scoobys as they prepared for Halloween, helped Spike and Buffy go over house listings in an attempt to find a suitable place, patrolled and studied, for those who attended classes. Buffy and Willow quickly discovered Spike had a quick mind and was the perfect study partner.

Spike asked Buffy and her friends to meet him at an address not too far away from Joyce's house. Buffy and the gang gathered outside the house. Just as they were about to knock, Spike flung open the front door.

"Come in, gang, see the new digs," Spike announced, ushering them in, pausing to give Buffy a quick smooch as she entered, "Don't have furniture yet. Thought the Slayer would want to help pick it out." Spike was quite pleased with Buffy's happy reaction to the house he had purchased. She, Anya and Willow hurried through the rooms making plans on how to decorate with Spike's tastes in mind.

"This looks just like Buffy's house," commented Xander, looking around the empty rooms. He was surprised that Spike had found a house so fast and said so.

"It's a wonder what a little dosh will do ya, Whelp," replied the vampire, "So what are you lot up to?"

"We had planned on going to Xander's to make jack-o-lanterns. It's a time honored tradition," said Oz, "However the girls seem to be a bit busy, so maybe we should do it here." Xander and Oz lugged the pumpkins out of the car and around the house to the back patio where they got to work making jack-o-lanterns, while Spike sat silently watching them smoking a cigarette. Soon Xander was ready to present his masterpiece.

"I don't know. I was going for ferocious, scary, but I think it's coming out dryly sardonic," Xander said, turning the pumpkin to face the other males. Willow came out the back door just then followed by Anya and Buffy.

"It does appear to be mocking you with its eyeholes," Willow commented, looking the jack-o-lantern over carefully.

"The nose hole seems sad and full of self-loathing," replied Oz.

"What do you think, Buffy?" asked Xander, turning the pumpkin towards the Slayer. Buffy peered at it carefully before she plopped down next to Spike on the back stoop. She looped her arm in his and laid her head on his shoulder.

"I think it's kinda cute, Xander," Buffy said, "Spike and I need to go do some furniture shopping. What are you all going to do?"

"Thought we could go back to my place and watch......." Xander grabbed his backpack and pulled out a movie, "....Fantasia."

"Maybe it's because of all the horrific things we've seen, but hippos wearing tutus just don't unnerve me the way they used to," dry panned Oz. The others chuckled at Oz's dry wit.

"Phantasm. It's supposed to be Phantasm. Stupid video store," Xander grumbled. He hated how things like this always happened to him.

"Well, I am sure there is still time for us to get back to the video store and do an exchange. Is Phantasm a scary movie? It doesn't have bunnies in it, does it?" said Anya. She didn't understand this human fascination with things that frightened them.

"No, An. Just a creepy guy in a cemetery," said Xander, patting his girlfriend's hand.

"Oh......well, isn't that like patrolling?" Anya asked. The others laughed, having to agree.

The conversation soon waned as Xander and Oz returned their pumpkins to the car. The group of friends gathered their things together and met out in front of Spike's new house. Willow, Buffy and Oz made plans to meet for breakfast at the university cafeteria. Xander said he had an interview in the morning for a part time evening job as a bartender. He told the others he was saving up to move out of his parents basement. Anya, Xander, Willow and Oz all piled into Oz's van to go to the video store and then back to Xander's for movie watching.

Buffy waved as her friends drove off. When she turned towards Spike, he had the door of the Desoto open for her. She sashayed over to him, put her arms around his neck and leaned into his chest. Buffy took a deep sniff of his delightful masculine scent and sighed. Spike's arms automatically surrounded her, pulling her close.

"What was the sigh for, luv?" Spike asked. He dropped a kiss on top of his golden goddess's hair and reached a pale hand up to caress it.

"Just happy. Unbelievably happy. When you know who left, I didn't think I could be this happy," Buffy snuggled closer, "He called our relationship a freak show."

"You are a gorgeous, warm, giving, albeit slightly bitchy sometimes, woman and his loss was my gain, pet." said Spike as he tipped her head back to cover her lips with his own, "But if we don't want to give the new neighbors a show, we better get a move on it. I want to have you in a bed and soon." At this Buffy groaned, it had been several days since they had been intimate and she was, quite frankly, horny.

"Yes, let's get a move on it," she said as she started to climb into Spike's car, "Baby, you have got to get your car detailed out. Now that you are over your sunshine allergy, I think you can lose the paint on the windows." Spike rolled his eyes and mentally put that on his long list of things to do. He closed the car door behind the Slayer. Going around to his side, he got in to start the car.

"Where to, luv?" Spike asked, pulling out of the drive.
"There's the perfect place in the mall to get you stuff. A Goth furniture store. We discovered it when we were looking for prom dresses. Willow, Anya and I were going through it and we came across this classy red and black leather headboard. And I asked Willow, you know who would totally love that and we looked at each other and said Spike!! Of course then Xander and Angel showed up and they went all damage bound on us," Buffy giggled and rolled her eyes at the memory.

"So you thought about me when I wasn't around, Slayer?" asked Spike in a delighted voice.

"Well, you are hard to forget with your death threats and......" Buffy glanced down at Spike's crotch, "....manly weapons." Spike's manly weapon hardened under Buffy's gaze. Her eyes widened when he took one hand off the steering wheel and adjusted himself. Spike glanced at his Slayer in time to catch her hot look. He sniffed the air slightly, his nostrils flaring when he smelled her arousal.

"Oh you wicked, wicked girl, you," he chortled. Buffy tore her gaze away from his manly bits to look at his face. She raised an eyebrow, did a fair approximation of his smirk and tongue curl before turning to roll down the window so she could see outside.

Once they arrived at the mall, Spike parked his car and opened the passenger door for Buffy. They walked into the mall, arm in arm. Their appearances were so at odds with each other that they got some strange looks from the other mall goers. When they got close to the Goth furniture store, Buffy skipped slightly ahead, dragging the apparently reluctant Spike behind her. He wasn't reluctant at all; he just had an image to maintain.

Buffy dragged him through the store to present the headboard that she had previously mentioned to him. Wow, the Slayer really did know his taste. Just then a gothic-dressed young lady came over to the duo. She looked the couple over carefully. She couldn't understand why such a cool looking punked out guy would be with a California valley girl. She was sure if she flirted heavily enough she could win his attention.

"Afternoon, my name is Tarantula. How can I help you?" the sales girl asked Spike, totally ignoring Buffy. Spike lifted an eyebrow, knowing exactly what the chick was doing.

"My GIRL and I are looking to furnish our house," Spike replied, then turned to Buffy, "Which bed frame do you prefer, baby?"

"I like the wooden one with the slats and the gargoyles," Buffy glared at the sales clerk, and then looked up at Spike slyly, "It's perfect for when the Slayer captures the Big Bad vampire and has her wicked way with him." Spike growled and his eyes bled gold before he remembered where he was. His eyes were still tinted gold when he turned towards Tarantula.

"The black and red headboard, with the gargoyle frame and mattress in king-size. Extra in it, if it's delivered and set up tonight," Spike growled at the girl. She stepped back slightly. Okay, maybe she wasn't as interested in the black clad guy as she thought. Being a Goth in Sunnydale brought you in contact with some strange things, and Tarantula knew exactly what this guy was. She hurried off to start working on his order and watched as the blonde couple wandered through the store picking out other items.

The blonde couple stopped at the dining room tables where they picked out a dark wooden table with ornate carvings. The man turned to indicate the table and chairs that they wanted; raising 8 fingers for the number of chairs he wanted. Then on to the entertainment centers where the girl appeared to ooh and ahh over the selection, giggling at the casket shaped ones. Finally the man indicated a dark wooden center with curved arches and plenty of room to store electronics and movies. She watched as they looked over the couches with care. They picked a black leather couch and love seat set that much to the dismay of the other customers they tested out by sitting down and kissing passionately. Lastly they moved to the candle section where they picked out a variety of black and red candles.

When the couple got to the counter and the total was rang up, the girl asked, "Are you sure, Spike? That's an awful lot of money."

"I want the house to look nice, luv, so you can bring your mum by for a spot of hot chocolate, besides the holidays are coming up and I know how you Americans like your holidays," Spike answered, leaning in to kiss her on the cheek. She smiled up at him and nodded. Spike pulled out a card that was directly linked to his account at WRH. When Spike made arrangements to have the items delivered that evening at 10pm, the sales girl gave Spike a warning look.

"Not planning on eating the sodding delivery boys, spider girl. My girl would stake me and I want to stick around awhile," Spike stated. With that the blonde couple swept out of the furniture store with their candle purchase. Tarantula breathed a sigh of relief. Her commission this evening would be big, but she hoped those two didn't come back any time soon.

Spike and Buffy walked down past the food court of the mall, where Buffy poutingly asked for an ice cream. Unable to resist her lush lower lip, Spike bought her one. He watched as she licked and nibbled at the sweet confection, and then Spike groaned and had to pull his coat around himself to hide his erection. Who knew just watching her eat something would turn him on so much. Buffy smiled to herself, she knew exactly what she was doing. She planned on having him attack her as soon as the bed was in place.

Next the couple stopped in at Bed, Bath and Beyond, where they picked out a variety of sheet sets, pillows, bedspreads and towels in red and black. Buffy even picked up a few bubble bath products in masculine scents. Then the couple hit the electronics store where they picked out a TV, a DVD player and a stereo. Buffy was getting tired, so she promised Spike they would hit the music and video store after Halloween was over. Loaded down with their purchases, the blonde supercouple went home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Promptly at 10pm the doorbell rang. Buffy opened it to find the furniture and electronics delivery men had arrived at the same time. She directed the furniture guys to bring the entertainment center into the living room. Spike had told her where to place everything, while he did a quick patrol for her. He had decided it would make the delivery men more comfortable if he wasn't around when they got there. He was sure that the strange sales clerk had told the delivery men to be wary of him. Once the entertainment center was placed, the electronic delivery men started to set things up. The couch and love seat were soon in place, with the bed being taken upstairs and assembled lastly.

Once Buffy shooed the delivery men out of the house, she ran upstairs to make the bed up before Spike got home. She placed the candles around the room on the windowsills and lit them. Then she prepared a hot bath in the master bathroom, undressed and got in. It was only a few minutes till she heard Spike calling out for her.

"Upstairs, lover," she called out. Spike dropped his duster on the staircase newel before leaping up the stairs two at a time. He was anxious to get to his golden goddess. It had been too long since they had been together. Certainly he had fed just a little off of her everyday to fulfill his needs and to renew the claim, but until today they had no safe place to be intimate.
Spike walked into the bedroom and was pleasantly surprised to find Buffy had alternated the black and red bedding. He got instantly hard thinking about her golden body lying against the black sheets. The room glowed from the candlelight.

"In the bathroom, Spike," Buffy called out again. Spike went into the bathroom and was greeted by the sight of his mate surrounded by bubbles, her beautiful blonde hair piled on her head. She gave him a beautiful smile before asking him to join her. He couldn't get undressed and in the tub fast enough.
Buffy glided through the water to sit herself astraddle Spike's lap. His hard cock brushed against her nether region causing her to moan. She was far too needy to wait for foreplay, so she raised up to grasp him in her hand and impaled herself on him. Spike's eyes rolled back in his head and his eyelids drifted shut. It felt so good to be inside her again.

Buffy began to move herself up and down on Spike's cock. She grabbed his shoulders to keep herself steady and moaned when his hands came up to manipulate her breasts.

"Sorry, I couldn't wait, baby, I just need you so much. Miss having you in me," Buffy apologized, then shyly continued, "I love you, Spike." Spike's eyes popped open.

"Never apologize for wanting me, luv. I didn't want to wait either. Need you, missed being in you, love you," Spike murmured before going in for a luscious tongue entwined kiss. He slowly moved his lips down her jawline to lick his claim marks. He hadn't even put his fangs in her before she started to shudder and spasm around him. She cried out her completion, falling against him.

"God, I feel like that Pavlov's dog that Professor Walsh was talking about. All you have to do is act like you are going to flash me some fang and I go all gooey," Buffy whispered against Spike's neck. He chuckled.

"I am the same way, luv, just bite the mark you left on my neck, if you don't believe me," he whispered back. Buffy pulled away to look into his eyes. She believed him, but wanted to check it out for herself. Buffy began to leisurely move up and down on Spike's cock as she trailed her mouth from his lips, down his jawline to the mark on his neck. When he turned his head to give her better access, she began to lick and nibble the mark. Spike moaned and bucked underneath her. In just a few moments, Buffy felt him pulsate as he spewed forth his cool spendings deep inside her.
"I want to get you in that bed now, pet. Maybe let the Slayer have her wicked way with the Big Bad vampire," Spike said, standing up and taking her with him. Once out of the tub, they dried off using the new towels and went arm in arm to fall into the bed. The crisp new sheets felt luxurious against their skin.

"Hold on to the slats, Spike, don't let go and don't break our new bed. Time to play," Buffy murmured. Spike quickly got into place, his legs spread wide. Buffy settled between Spike's legs, glancing up at his face, she blew on his dick. He threw his head back in anticipation. A small tendril of self-doubt suddenly curled through Buffy's mind.

"Are you sure about this, Spike? What if I do it wrong?" Buffy said.

"Buffy, luv, look at me. I am so bloody hard from the anticipation that I might spontaneously combust if you don't touch me," Spike took his hands off the slats, sat up, pulled Buffy close to his chest, and cupped her face in his hands. "Nothing we do in the bedroom is ever wrong if we both like it. I doubt there is anything you could ever do or say that would shock me, pet. Now I am going to lay back and let you do whatever you want to me."

(This part was written by the wonderful TamiBrandt!!!!)

Spike’s encouraging words put the wicked gleam back in Buffy’s eyes. When he saw it, he wondered if he should be worried that he had unleashed a sexual demon. He gripped the slats again and let out a low rumbling growl when Buffy kissed the tip of his cock before opening her lips around the head and engulfing his shaft in her hot, wet mouth.

Buffy felt a thrill shoot through her when she heard the growl, and let loose with a playfully throaty growl of her own which created a vibrating sensation around his shaft and received an expletive for her teasing.

"Bloody fucking hell, luv! Where did that growl come from?" Spike’s eyes had gotten wide when he felt her growl around him and he refused to break eye contact when she looked up at him with a "do you really want an answer to that now?" look. "Never mind, luv, we’ll talk about that little trick later."

Buffy never broke eye contact when she could help it while she moved slowly along the length, licking the sensitive flesh. She reached a hand over to massage his balls while she sucked a bit harder every few seconds which caused Spike to buck up into her mouth.

"Oh, yeah, luv, just like that . . . oh, fuck, Slayer . . . Buffy, I have to be inside you, luv," Spike’s encouragement and request came out more as a growl. He reached down and laced his fingers in her hair gently tugging her off his shaft and moaned in protest at the loss of heat that was around his cock.

Buffy looked at him with a little confusion. "What did I do wrong, Spike?" She thought she was doing pretty well with the whole oral thing, but then again . . .

"Nothing, luv, it was perfect. I just want to be buried inside you," Spike said as he pulled Buffy up beside him and pressed her back on the pillows.

Buffy smiled up at Spike as he spread her thighs and settled in the cradle they made. She pulled his head down to her for a kiss even as her body arched and rubbed against his.

Spike kissed her, tracing her lips with his tongue before nibbling on them. When they opened on a sigh, he slipped his tongue inside and licked the hot, wet flesh of her cheek with his cool tongue. When that brought a groan, he enticed her tongue into a dance with his.

Buffy arched against him in response, pressing her wet cleft against his hardened shaft which earned her a growl. She skimmed her nails along his arms, shoulders and back as she returned the kiss, licking the inside of his cool mouth in return.

Spike broke the kiss to trail more kisses down her throat to her breasts, circling the nipples with the tip of his tongue before gently nipping the hardened peaks, drawing a hissing gasp from his mate. His hands led the way as they moved down her sides, caressing over her stomach, causing the muscles underneath the skin to flutter at his touch. He felt her body arch under him while he kissed his way along each rib, laving his tongue over her stomach to stop just above her pubic bone.

Spike rested his chin on her mound and looked up at his golden goddess from between her thighs. "Luv," he said softly. Then, "Buffy," a little louder to get her attention.

Buffy looked down through passion-glazed eyes to see Spike between her thighs staring at her. "Yes?" She asked hoarsely. That didn’t sound like her voice.
Spike’s fingers had taken up massaging her clit while he waited for her to acknowledge him. He kept eye contact with her as he moved down to run his tongue along the inner lips of her pussy from clit to core and back. He grinned against her flesh when he received a buck of her hips accompanied by a throaty moan.

"Like that, pet?" Spike’s voice was muffled a little as he licked circles along her cleft.

"Yesss," Buffy moaned as she tightened her thighs in reaction to his teasing tongue.

Spike knew she was close again when he had slipped first one, then two, fingers inside her hot sheath. He worked his fingers in and out of her slowly, pressing against her G-spot as he licked and nibbled her clit.

"Oh, God, Spike! Yes," Buffy repeated over and over as her hips rocked and bucked on his fingers and against his mouth. She gripped the slats of the head to lever herself better.

Spike slipped his fingers out and replaced them with his tongue, thrusting his cool, wet tongue inside her heated core and licked at the flesh there, causing her to shudder and convulse against him in orgasm.

"SPIKE! OH, GOD!" Buffy cried as she came, shuddering violently against her mate’s mouth.
Spike prowled up her body with a knowing smirk on his face. He dropped kisses on her perspiring flesh along the way. He settled between her thighs against, pressing his hard shaft against her over-sensitive clit causing her to gasp and shudder again.

Buffy watched his ascension along her body and nearly melted from the heated look his eyes that promised her deepest, darkest fantasies would come true soon enough. Maybe not tonight, but soon.

"Do you know what you taste like, luv?" Spike asked huskily as his fingers little skimmed her flesh from around her breast down her rib to her hip.

Her only answer was to curl her hand around the nape of his neck and pulled him closer to her mouth, kissing his hard and passionately. Her tongue licked her essence off his lips before slipping inside to draw his tongue out to play.

Spike groaned into the kiss, acquiescing to her silent request. He pressed her down into the new mattress and gripped her hips, holding her still while he plunged deep inside her, pressing deeper until their pelvic bones met. They both groaned at finally being connected.

Buffy broke the kiss to moan her pleasure. "Oh, God, Spike, it’s been so long. I missed having you inside me," she groaned as she arched her hips to see if he could get any deeper inside her. She knew it was only moment ago that they were joined, but compared to this, it felt like a lifetime ago.

Spike started a gentle thrusting even as his eyes had rolled up in his head the second he felt her heat envelope his cock. When Buffy had broken the kiss, he let his head fall to rest against her shoulder. He let go of her hips to run his hands up to caress her breasts, pinching the nipples until she moaned and bucked up into his thrusting movements.

"Buffy, you’re so hot and tight, luv. I wouldn’t be surprised if you burned me to ash from inside your tight little body," Spike’s whisper was raspy next to her ear. "Love the way you taste; love how hot and wet you get for me . . . the way you move against me, with me . . . ah, fuck, baby."

Buffy became even more lost in the sensation as her mate’s words encouraged her body to respond to the faster, harder, more demanding plunges of his cock. She wrapped her arms around his back and clawed her nails down the length of his back receiving a low growl in her ear and a harder thrusting that had she been a normal girl would have shattered her pelvic bone. But being the slayer, it only drove her senses to a more intense peak.

"Spike! More, please, baby, deeper!" she cried out as she strained to get him even deeper, her muscles contracting around his shaft.

Spike couldn’t take it anymore, her inner muscles were fluttering around his cock and it was driving him crazy. He growled in her ear as he slammed into her heated depths harder and rolled his hips, causing her to cry out his name in pleasure.

"I’m going to come inside you . . . so hard, baby. My girl. My Slayer. My Buffy! Fuck, I need to …" Spike started to say but was cut off by his mate’s acquiesce.
"Do it, Spike. Bite me. I need to feel you, all of you, inside me." Buffy nearly pleaded.

Spike gave a lusty growl before leaning down to run his tongue over his claim marks, causing her to shudder under him, around him. He groaned at the feeling of her response before gently sinking his canines into his claim marks and slowly pulling the blood out even as his thrusts became hard and bruising.

The double penetration of her mate’s fangs and hard driven plunges of his cock drove Buffy over the edge and her inner muscles squeezed Spike, coming and screaming his name, just before she sank her teeth into her claim mark on his neck.

Spike felt her orgasm course through her body and nearly passed out when her inner muscles squeezed his cock with Slayer strength. Had he been human she would have broken him. To the demon in him, it was pure ecstasy. Between her orgasm and her teeth biting his neck over her claim mark made him come hard inside her.

Spike moved off Buffy so that she could breathe unhindered, but pulled her back against him. "See, luv, the bed survived us in one piece," he chuckled in her ear.

"I knew there was a reason I liked this frame," she teased.

(This ends where Tami Brandt wrote.)

~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Buffy met Willow at the university cafeteria. They chatted as they moved through the line getting their breakfast.

"I've got the basics down, levitation, charms, glamours. I just feel like I've plateaued Wicca-wise," Willow said, grabbing a bagel with cream cheese.

"What's the next level?" asked Buffy, glancing at the selection. Nothing in the cafeteria looked good this morning. She wished she could have stayed in bed with Spike, but they were to meet after class to go talk to Giles again. Maybe she could talk Spike into buying her lunch.

"Transmutation, conjuring, bringing forth something from nothing. Gets pretty close to the primal forces. A little scary," replied Willow.

"Well, no one's pushing. You know, if it's too much don't do it,"

"Don't do it? What kind of encouragement is that?" asked Willow sharply, before grabbing a banana out of a bowl of fruit on the counter.

"This is an encouragement talk? My bad, I thought this was a cautionary talk," replied Buffy quickly turning to her friend. Buffy wondered how much encouragement she should be giving her Wicca friend. She decided she needed to discuss this with Spike.

"I don't know. Then again, what is college for if not experimenting? You know, maybe I can handle it. I'll know when I've reached my limit."

"Wine coolers?" asked Oz, coming up behind the girls, surprising them.

"Magic," stated Buffy turning and smiling at the werewolf.

"Ooh, you didn't encourage her, did you?" Oz asked Buffy, who shook her head just a hair.

"Where is supportive boyfriend guy?" asked Willow pouting. She wondered why Oz wasn't being more supportive of her and magic. It hurt her feelings that he didn't have that much confidence in her abilities.

"He's picking up your dry cleaning, but he told me to tell you that he's afraid you're gonna get hurt," Oz said with genuine concern in his voice. He really was worried about his girlfriend, more than she even realized.

Willow smiled, "Okay, Brutus." Oz gave Willow an unimpressed look.

"Brutus ? Caesar?" Willow looks form Oz to Buffy, "Betrayal ? Trusted friend? Back stabby?" Willow made stabbing motions with her banana.

"Oh, I'm with you on the reference, but I won't lie about the fact that I worry? I know what it's like to have power you can't control. I mean, every time I start to wolf out, I touch something......deep.......dark. It's not fun. But just know that what ever you decide, I back your play," Oz told his girlfriend.

"See? Concerned boy, sweet boy," replied Buffy giving her two friends a big smile. She was glad the conversation was about magic was now over, but she still planned on talking to Spike about Willow's magic.

"I kinda like him - worrying anyway," Willow commented, "Spike worries about you, right?"

"Oh ya, Spike is big with the worrying. It's really sweet," Buffy laughed. She glanced around the cafeteria. Her eyes fell on Parker sitting with some of his friends. He sat laughing until his eyes caught her gaze, then he blanched. Excusing himself he got up from his chair and rushed out of the room. He had pushed Buffy and her scary boyfriend out of his mind, right up until he saw her again. Then all the fear rushed back in and he had to get away.

The Wicca, the werewolf and the Slayer sat down to enjoy some breakfast and conversation before class started. Buffy was surprised how well she was starting to deal and cope with college. She knew it was all Spike's influence. Who would have guessed that an evil, soulless vampire would be such a good thing? She got a dreamy look on her face. Willow caught Oz's eye and tilted her head to indicate Buffy's dreaminess.

~~~~~~~~~

Buffy sat through Professor Walsh's class and actually had a clue what the lecture was about because of Spike's help with her homework. Riley was sitting at a desk at the edge of the room. He still made her feel wiggy, so that combined with the looks that he kept throwing her, she felt strange. When class was over, she tried to sneak out without being caught by the professor or her teacher's aide, but no such luck.

"Miss Summers, I wanted to congratulate you on that last paper you turned in," said Professor Walsh as she put her papers in her briefcase.

"Thank-you," Buffy answered, trying to discern what the professors game was, "William helped me study before I wrote it."

"Well, your friend William doesn't seem the type to even have gone to college," replied the professor.

"Oh, William graduated from college in England...he showed me his graduation certificate," Buffy said before she could help herself, her feeling hurt because her mate had been insulted. Buffy chuckled to herself as she remembered the date on the paper was 1876.

"Does your friend have a last name?" asked the nosy professor. She still wasn't completely sure what William was, but she was sure he wasn't human. However, the girl in front of her appeared to be entirely human. Professor Walsh glanced over at Riley, who tapped his watch, shaking his head. Yep, she was human according to Riley's heat detector.

"His name is William Jamison. Look, professor, why are you asking all these questions? I have known William for two years now," asked Buffy. She was getting a little perturbed by all the questions. The professor and her aide were starting to get on Buffy's nerves.

"Just curious," the professor said as she swept out of the room. Buffy almost missed the pointed look the professor gave Riley. As soon as the professor left the room, Riley turned to Buffy.

"So, Buffy, what are you doing for Halloween?" he questioned. Buffy gave him a strange look, which he chose to ignore.

"Going to the Alpha Delta frat party with William and my friends," answered Buffy. She wondered if he was trying to ask her out on a date.

"Do you mind if I tag along?" asked Riley. This was the weirdest assignment that the Professor had ever asked him to do and she had asked him to do some doozies.

"Riley, you can tag along if you want, but I gotta tell you I am with William. He's my boyfriend and I love him," Buffy stated, "Look I gotta go. William and I are meeting......his uncle for lunch. Bye." Buffy rushed out of the classroom, through the hall and out the heavy outer doors where she ran smack dab into Spike.

"What's got you so spooked, luv?" he asked, his voice full of concern. Buffy looked back over her shoulder. When she saw Riley starting to follow them, she grabbed Spike's arm to drag him away.

"The professor and Riley are asking a lot of questions about you. I had to answer or it would have looked even weirder. Those two are wigging me out, Spike." Buffy kept glancing over her shoulder.

"What did you tell them, Slayer?" Spike asked, his senses suddenly on alert along with his mate's. He could feel the anxiety pouring off of her in waves.

"That you went to college in England. The professor insulted you and I couldn't help myself. And she asked your last name, so I had to tell her, because that would have looked really suspicious if I didn't," Buffy rolled her eyes.

"It's okay, luv. What about Captain Cardboard back there?" Spike looked back over his own shoulder, but didn't see anything suspicious. They were almost to the newly detailed Desoto anyway.

"He wanted to ask me out for Halloween. And when I told him we were going to the frat party, he wanted to tag along. I told him you were my boyfriend and that I love you," Buffy suddenly smiled up at Spike, "Mmmmm, where's my kiss?" Spike growled before pushing Buffy up against his car to give her a hot tongue entwined kiss. When she slipped her arms around him under his duster and grabbed his ass, he growled louder. Damn, but she could get to him fast. Spike reluctantly pulled away and opened the car door for his girl.

"Got to go meet with your Watcher, luv, hop in," Spike said.

"Not my Watcher, baby, your uncle. Lunch first, I'm starved," Buffy slid into the car. She was impressed on how nice and clean the Desoto was now. The garbage was all gone, the floor vacuumed, the upholstery was shined, and the windows were free of paint. Spike opened the driver's door and slid in.

"My uncle, huh? That what you told the professor and her doggie?" Buff just nodded and told him it was the easiest thing she could think of.

~~~~~~~~~~~

MEANWHILE AT THE ALPHA DELTA FRAT HOUSE

A frat member walked down the Halloween decorated hallway of the frat house. This year was going to be the best scary maze yet; lots of fun to be had by all, in his opinion.

"Hey, Guy, I come bearing spiders," he told his frat mate, holding up a bag of plastic spiders.
"Great, Chaz, but I don't think this sound system is going to cut it. Pretty lame," Guy said as he fiddled with one of the skeleton props.

"Want me to call Oz? Bet he could hook us up," asked Chaz.

"Do it. If we don't scare the young women they won't fall into our arms. We'll have womenless arms. Halloween isn't about thrills and spills, it's about getting laid," replied Guy, leering.

"Man, dude, is there any holiday that's not about getting laid," questioned Chaz.

"Arbor day. Call Oz, dude."

"Done. And oh, you wanted a symbol to paint upstairs, something mystical? Check this out." Chaz showed an open book to Guy. Guy looked at the symbols and gave his friend two thumbs up.

Thirty minutes later, Oz and Xander wandered into the frat house carrying one of Oz's speakers. They found the frat boys on the top floor in the attic painting the weird symbol on the floor with red, white and black paint. Oz and Xander looked at each other and raised their eyebrows.

"Hey man, thanks for the sound system loan," Guy greeted the other men.

"No problem. Let me get it set up for you," said Oz as he begins to hook up the speaker.

"What's that symbol you got a-going there? What does it mean?" asked Xander, moving towards the nearby table where he found a bowl of peeled grapes. He grabbed one and popped it in his mouth.

"Have no clue, got it out of a book. Hey, don't eat the eyeballs," said Chaz, looking up from his painting. Xander coughed and spit out what he was eating.
"What? Eyeballs?" Xander continued to spit and wipe his tongue on his coat sleeve.

"Ya, peeled grapes, blindfold the chicks, then stick their hands in the bowl and tell them the grapes are eyeballs. They love that," replied Guy.

"And here I was wasting time buying them flowers and complimenting them on their shoes, shoulda just took them around to one of Sunnydale's many cemteries to see what would pop up," Xander turned and winked at Oz, who chuckled dryly, "So, you go through the whole house of horrors downstairs and it ends up here. Sweet. You fratly guys have a nice setup."

"Hey, mighty, mighty Alpha Delts. You should think about pledging," said Guy, looking up from what he was doing.

"Xan's a townie," stated Oz.

"Ah! Townie, huh? Didn't know. He looked so normal. You sure we should let him come to the party, Oz?" asked Chaz as he finished painting the symbol on the floor.

"Hey, standing right here," Xander said. He jumped slightly when scary sound effects start to play loudly. Oz looked at the speakers unhappily. He tilted his head and listened closely.

"Cranking," said Chaz.

Xander looked at Oz, "You're sensing a disturbance in the force, master?" Oz nodded and pulled a folding pocketknife out of his pocket. Flipping it open he moved towards the speakers.

"Ah, the left speaker is crackling a little bit."
"And you feel stabbing it is the proper solution?" asked Xander.

"I'm just going to trim the wire. It might be a short," answered Oz. Xander nodded, starting to turn away when Oz gave a small cry of pain.

"Oz? You okay?" asked Xander, his voice full of concern.

"Cut myself. It's okay," replied Oz, shaking his hand. He walked over towards Xander shaking his hand. A few blood droplets fell on the symbol on the floor, but no one seemed to notice when it rippled. Or when a plastic spider at the edge became real and crawled away

"Playing with knives, fun, yes, but not safe. And when you bleed to death I've got dibs on your equipment," Xander told Oz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Oz and Xander where hooking up the speakers at the frat house, Spike and Buffy were knocking at Giles's door. The door swung open to show Giles dressed up in a sombrero and poncho.

"Happy Hallow......Oh, it's you. Hello Buffy, hello Spike," Giles said cheerfully before he noticed both Spike and Buffy staring at his head. He lifted his eyes to look up.

"Oh..My...God," stuttered Buffy, in amazement. She had never seen her staid Watcher in anything quite so......unWatchery.

"It's a sombrero," replied Giles.

"We know what it is, Watcher, just... surprised us is all," Spike tilted his head to get a better view. How he wished he had a camera. Blackmail moments were few and far between.

"And it's on your head," Buffy was still a little off kilter abit. Spike pushed Buffy into Giles's apartment and sat her down in one of the hard backed dining room chairs.

"Yes, well, I would invite you in, but you are already in," muttered Giles as he closed the door, "It seemed festive. Candy?" He held the bowl of candy out towards the Slayer and the vampire. He wasn't sure why he was explaining things to them.

"Giles, you hate Halloween. What's going on here?" asked Buffy finally coming out of her stupor.

"I never said any such a thing. As my Watcher's duties took precedence, I simply haven't taken time to......well, to embrace its inherent charms......until now," said Giles, moving towards a Frankenstein puppet hanging from the ceiling and turning it on. Spike and Buffy continued to give him a blank look, "Look, look! Ha, ha It's alive! See how he shakes? Is..... is there something you wanted?"

"Giles, you called us."

"Oh, oh, right," Giles whipped off the sombrero, "I am having problems researching your Slayer claiming Spike. It's not like I can call up the council and ask for the information you know."

"Why, because they wouldn't want their Slayer mated with a demon?" Spike asked sarcastically. Buffy ducked her head before answering in a mumble, "What was that, Slayer?"

"We, Giles and I, quit the council," Buffy mumbled a little louder, "So with Faith being in a coma and rogue, they technically don't have a Slayer."

"What? When did all this happen, luv," Spike asked his mate, curious about all the things that took place while he was away.

"Giles got fired for thinking of me as his daughter and I quit because they refused........," Bufy broke off, not wanting to mention Angel to her mate. She peeked at him through her lashes.

"Refused to help Peaches. I did notice the marks on your neck, luv. And since there was no claim and you are alive, I figured you did it to heal him," replied Spike, then he noticed the incredulous look that the Watcher was giving him, "Hey, you aren't the only one who graduated from college, Watcher."

"Faith and I had another Watcher for awhile, Wesley Wyndam-Price," this time it was Buffy to notice the look on Spike's face, "What, Spike?"

"Nothing really, just my cousins were the Wyndam-Prices. Strange hearing the name again," said the vampire.

"Anyway, you two, I have a friend at the council who won't report anything to his superiors. I am going to contact him to see if he can get any information for us," divulged Giles, "I will give her a call tomorrow."

"I need to stop by mom's. I bought a costume over the Internet with Willow's help. It was delivered yesterday,"

"You gonna tell me what it is, Slayer?"

"Nope, you are just going to have to wait. Now let's have some lunch before you drop me off at mom's, baby," replied Buffy grabbing Spike and dragging him out the door, "Bye, Giles, talk to you later."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Mom, did you find my red cape?" Buffy called out when she entered her mom's house. She hurried over to the dining room table where her mother was using a sewing machine on some red fabric.

"Yes, I did, honey, and your package is right there on the table," Joyce indicated a box on the table. Buffy hurried upstairs to change into her costume. Joyce wondered who Buffy was dressing up for. Her daughter must have a new boyfriend. She just hoped it was a better choice than that last one.

When Buffy came down stairs, Joyce's jaw dropped. The costume her daughter had bought was.......well, it just was. On Buffy's feet were hot red lace up boots, ones that she had bought Buffy on impulse last winter, but her daughter hadn't worn before. Her smooth golden legs were bare except for a sequined red garter belt. Buffy's red satin short shorts and sequined red tube top were topped off by devil horns sticking out of her free-flowing blonde tresses.

"Mom?" Buffy asked in a concerned voice. She hadn't thought the costume would flabbergast her mother so. Buffy had bought the costume for Spike.

"What, honey?" Joyce came out of her daze, "The costume just surprised me. Not what I expected. I hope your new boyfriend likes it," Joyce said slyly.

"I am sure he will like it," Just then the doorbell rang, "Oh there he is. Can you get the door while I make a dramatic entrance, mom?" Buffy hurried back up the stairs. Joyce went to open the door. Her jaw dropped, again, when she saw who was there.

"Spike......" Joyce trailed off.

"Hullo, Joyce. Is Buffy ready to go ye..." Spike trailed off himself when he saw Buffy coming down the stairs. He quickly pulled his duster around himself to hide his erection from the Slayer's mom.

"Yes, dear, I do believe your new boyfriend likes the costume," snarked Joyce. "Where are you two off to?"

"The gang and us are going to a frat house party, suppose to be the scary thing to do on Halloween," Buffy rolled her eyes, "Spike's going as himself, and you see what my costume is. Oz and Willow are supposed to be werewolf and mummy and Xander and Anya the Frankensteins. Oh and that weirdo Riley is suppose to tag along, too."

"Wierdo Riley?" asked Joyce looking back and forth between the vampire and her daughter. She could see the love and desire that flowed between the two.

"He's the teacher's aide for my psychology class. He and the professor have been asking strange questions about Spike," answered Buffy as she put the cape around her shoulders. She picked up a few of her smaller weapons and tossed them to Spike who secreted them away in his pockets. Demons were supposed to take Halloween off, but both Spike and Buffy knew from experience that being on the Hellmouth meant things didn't always go the way they are suppose to.

"Wonder if you will turn into your costume, again," Spike curled his tongue behind his upper teeth.

"God, I hope not," replied Buffy, "We gotta go, mom, thanks for everything." Buffy kissed her mom on the cheek and bounced off the porch towards Spike's car.

"No, wait I want pictures of you two. Let me grab the camera," announced Joyce. Buffy returned to the porch as her mom quickly grabbed the camera off the dining room sideboard. The Slayer and the vampire did a variety of poses for Joyce, including one where Buffy pretended to be scared while Spike held her around the throat while in vampface.

"I'll keep her safe, Joyce," Spike assured the Slayer's mom as they finally said their good-byes and left to meet the Scoobies.

"I know you will, William." Spike gave a small smile before turning to go open the door of the car for Buffy. Joyce wasn't as worried about Buffy now. She had always liked Spike, especially after he came by for that visit last year when he cried over his last girlfriend dumping him.

TBC