Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: This story is set somewhere after Riley leaves, and Spike tells Buffy he loves her but before Joyce dies. (So right after "crush" )

Ratings will be nc-17 in future chapters


A/N: I would like to thank Syra for the beta help, and also Karah, for her help and sugestions.

Quick note, this story is *slightly!* based on an old movie called the 10th kingdom, while it is nothing like the movie, I am going to use the place and I may use one or two of the characters.

**Please read and review, I want to know if this story is worth continuing...**
*********************
The magic box had been restocking it's inventory the entire week. With the arrival of new items, still neatly placed in boxes all over the store came the task of placing them in the proper area.

Buffy had happily gave up slaying that night to help any way possible to get out of her duties, but now after unpacking and categorizing the first ten boxes, she was ready to take Spike up on his offer and patrol.

She opened the next box, and was surprisingly disappointed when she found a pile of chicken feet.

Anya quickly rushed over to her. "We can give these away, one free with every purchase!" She said happily picking up the box.

"Who wants chicken feet anyway, its not like any one uses them in spells any more, and there are so many other parts of a chicken to eat."

"This way we can get rid of them to, useless things!"She whispered, after quickly checking to see if Giles was listening.

Buffy nodded as Anya walked away carrying the box.

She slowly grabbed the next box on the floor and began to open it.

"So what do you have now?" Xander asked, as he also began to open a box.

Buffy looked inside. "Feathers", she said to Xander who was sitting at the table across from her.

He opened his box, and then quickly closed it. "Mummy hand, think I should send this downstairs with Giles?"

"Uhh I wouldn't bother him right now, he is trying to catalog everything, he is kinda frustrated," Buffy replied.

"Right" Xander said, getting up to place the box far, far away from his chair.

Buffy sighed as she began to open the next box. This had been the extent of her job. She and Xander were to open boxes and categorize them between books, ingredients, rare objects, Giles's private collection orders, and whatever else was left. It was a very boring job.

Anya didn't trust either of them to put things on the shelves properly, fearing they would mix everything up. Only after Giles had insisted did she allow Willow to help her, leaving Giles to do the book work and Andrew to move the boxes.

"Iv 'e got books.....yay" Buffy said sarcastically.

"Well I don't know what I have," Xander said after opening a box of small, odd shaped, glass objects.

Buffy leaned over to look inside the tilted box. "Huh... guess that goes in the everything else pile."

Buffy sighed, "I hate to say this, but I would so rather be with Spike, getting my ass kicked by some demon right now."

"I would almost rather have my ass kicked BY SPIKE, then be here right now," he said letting his head fall to the table with a knock. "Oww", he moaned.

Buffy laughed. "Really?" She questioned.

Without moving his forehead from the table he raised his hand, "Note the word almost." He said emphasizing the word "almost".

Buffy glanced at the clock, it was almost seven O' clock now.

Xander picked his head up off the table, and instantly something caught his eye. "Well speak of the devil"

Buffy turned, and wasn't the least bit shocked when she saw the blonde vampire coming in through the front door. The bells above the door jingled as it opened.

"What are you doing here Spike?" Buffy asked trying to sound annoyed, but she was too relieved at the thought of getting out of the dreadful shop to show it.

"Thought I'd come see what you were up to pet, seeing as how you canceled on me." He said with a cocky grin.

"Well I'm busy." She said while turning around in her seat, she wasn't about to give up that easy.

He dropped his shoulders and made his way down the stairs and through the maze of boxes.

"So, wanna re-take me up on that offer, or are you going to set in here and waste those super powers on opening boxes the rest of the night?"

Buffy tried to look torn, only for Xanders sake. She knew what she wanted to do, and she knew Spike didn't have a doubt of what it was she wanted.

"I guess" She said.

"You have it covered right Xander?" Buffy asked her friend.

"Yeah, I can get Andrew to help me, he is probably tired of carrying boxes up and down the stairs." Xander lied, he would have preferred her to stay, but he knew that would have been selfish.

"Alright it's settled, come on pet." Spike said, grabbing her arm and almost pulling her out of the chair.

"Ok, ok." She said pushing him away from her.

"I have to get my coat, it's down stairs, and I should probably tell Giles I'm leaving."

"I'll go with, so you don't doddle" Spike said, following her down the steps.

"I don't... doddle, is that even a word?"

"Just go pet." Spike said while laughing, pushing her down the stairs as she tried to stop to ponder the meaning of the word.

"There." She said grabbing her jacket from a table and putting it on.

"Are we ready?" Spike said.

He had found a mirror and was now smoothing his hair down.

Buffy shook her head at the site. "You are so vein Spike."

"What, it takes a lot of work to look this damn good."

Buffy paused.... "Wait you can't even see your self!"

Spike laughed, "I was wondering when you'd catch on slayer." He said turning from the mirror and facing her.

Buffy laughed as she pushed past him to check out her own reflection. He was standing directly behind her but yet her's was the only reflection there.

She ran her fingers threw her short golden hair, as Spike mimicked her fingers only inches from her hand. She couldn't see him, so where is the harm he thought.

He wanted her so badly, but he knew he didn't have a chance in this world.

He moved his face closer to her hair, she had used some kind of vanilla flavored shampoo today, and he didn't even need vampire senses to tell him that.

She finished, and turned around. Spike quickly jumped back, not wanting her to catch him in the awkward situation of him smelling her hair.

"Ready?" she asked.

"...Giles?" He said.

"Ohh, yeah that's right, where is he?"

"I don't think he's down here." Spike said after taking a quick look around the room.

Buffy nodded and agreed.

Her attention quickly went back to the mirror.

"I wonder why this is down here, I guess he hasn't figured out what it is, or why it's even here. I don't remember him ordering any mirrors, especially not any full length ones." Buffy said.

The mirror was at least six feet tall, and three feet wide, it was one of the largest she had ever seen. It had a solid gold trim, with delicate carvings on the edges. She knew the fancy mirror was expensive, and would probably sell for a bundle. Still she had no idea what it was doing in a magic shop.

Spike was still looking for Giles, who seemed to have disappeared. He had left Buffy and explored the rest of the hidden areas, quickly dismissing the idea of Giles using the tunnels which he used to get around during the day.

Buffy noticed a small golden circle on the right corner of the mirror and curiously began to finger it, running her hand over the smooth edges.

Spike returned to her. "Are you sure he was down here pet?"

"He was fifteen minutes ago." Buffy replied.

"Ohh well, lets just go, the boy will tell him where you went." Spike said urging her to leave.

"Wait." Buffy said. She felt the circle begin to turn.

Spike grabbed her other hand. "Lets go luv"

The knob twisted, and fell to the right of the mirror.

Suddenly there was no reflection, only a dark purple, and silver turning whirlpool. Buffy's jaw dropped.

"Spike, what is that?" She asked nervously.

But before he could even begin to try and process the question himself they were sucked into it.

The whirlpool closed, and the golden knob clicked back into place, and camouflaged itself within the mirror just like before. As if they had never been there.

**********
They found themselves on the other side of the mirror, and it felt like they had simply stepped through it.

They were both standing in the middle of a green field. There was grass mostly and a few scattered trees.

Neither of them recognized the strange location.

Spike looked up at the sun shining brightly overhead, then down at his body. He noticed the lack of flames,and smoke which he had suspected to see.

"Buffy, where are we?" He asked.

She turned and looked into his eyes. "I was about to ask you the same question."

She turned around. Behind them, where she half expected there to be another portal opening, or something out of the ordinary, instead she found nothing. It was plain, and there was no evidence of anything that could give them a clue of how to get back home.

Buffy took in a deep breath as she looked at what appeared to be miles of nothing.

They were lost, and far away from home.

"Well this is fun" Buffy said sarcastically.