Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first fic so please go easy on me.Oh yeah, almost forgot, don't own the characters, they belong to Joss Whedon...
The Longest Love by 1MindlessAutomaton

The First Wrong Turn

William Sandler, otherwise known as Spike, had it all. At 27 he was living the dream. Hell, he was more famous than Tom Cruz and Brad Pitt (who he was friends with). He could make a never ending list of what he had, and yet, he always felt something was missing. A sort of empty space inside of him.

So, he gave up on life. Now, he didn't want to kill himself, he just didn't care what happened.

Spike was also a very handsome man. He had a body that would make Adonis himself, mad with envy.

He was a great athlete. Football, or soccer, was his art. He got in with some bad people though and his art had been ruined.

*****************************************************************************

"Blondiebeaaaaar!", an annoying sound of a voice yelled. A bleached blonde tall woman entered Spike's grand bedroom. *Shit, she's back*, thought Spike.

"Wha'?" Spike replied to his girlfriend, still watching a replay of his game he lost that day on his huge flatscreen TV while drinking beer. He was probably at his tenth beer of the night.

"My God! You have got to be kidding me. God, look at you! I told you at 8 we were having a party at 9 tonight. Now it's..." she paused and looked at the watch on her wrist. Still paused. *Bloody Hell, is she actually counting?* Spike said to himself.

His idea was confirmed whan he heard mumblings, " that's 9 so...41...I think it's 42...". *This chit is unbelieveable. Why didn't she get a digital watch. Why do I put up with her? She can't even bloody tell the time. Oh yeah, cause I'm a lazy sod.* He was brought out of his thinking when he heard an "Aha!" and rolled his eyes.

"Aha! It's...wait, what was it again? Oh yeah, 10:42. Wait! Now it's 43 not 42! You get you ass out there right now mister!"

"I don't fuckin' care about the party. Now sod off, I'm trying to watch!", he indicated the TV.

"Oh no you don't! I worked too hard for you to ruin this party today! I went to get my nails done, my hair done, I got a facial, I got a wax, I had to taste the food… ", she went on rambling on while he decided to ignore her. Though he couldn't ignore her once the TV had been turned off.

"What the fuck?! I was watchin that!" Spike narrowed his eyes at her as she began her speach again in a louder voice. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head.

''Harmony...",he said in a sing-song way,"I have a present for you". Wow, that shut her up.

"Really? You got me something Blondiebear? Where is it? Oh, I'm so excited!", she asked.

"It's in the...closet. Come on, you want right?", she nodded in excitement.

He led her to the closet. She gave him a questioning look. He pointed deeper inside. Once she was all the way inside the closet he closed the door and locked if from the outside. *Ha! Stupid chit*, he smirked.

"SPIKE!!! Let me out! This isn't funny!"

*Hmm*, Spike thought, *what to do now? I know, a little joy riding.*

"Harm, I think I'm gonna go for a little ride in your new car".

************************************************************************************

"Woohooooo!!!" Spike screamed out the window while throwing out an empty beer can. He had taken Harmony's car. He figured, if he was going out, why waste his gas?

(Back at the closet)
"HELP!!!'' Harmony screamed. Then, the door opened, it was just one of the many female guests.

"What happened?"

"The stupid drunk basterd locked me in the closet and left me to die!", she sobbed out,"I'll teach him! That jerk is gonna pay!"

"What are you going to do?"

Harmony picked up the phone and dialed 911.

"Hello...yes...my boyfriend stole my car..."

*********************************************************************************

Spike was going at least 50 MPH when he heard sirens.

"And here comes the party poopers...", he said under his breath. He slowed down and pulled to the right. Two officers came out of the police car.

"Well, well, well", the first officer began,"I'll be damned, if it isn't William Sandler."

"What I do, was I driving to slow for you blokes?"

"No actually, the car was reported stolen".

"I didn't steal it. It's my girlfriend's".

"Shit happens," the second officer spoke for the first time said nastily.

"Yeah, it really does. You should know dumbo". The first officer started laughing but stopped as soon as he saw the murderous stare the other gave him.

"I'd hate to arrest such a role model so if I can please see your license and registration please", the second officer said smugly.

“Hey, have many radio stations can you get?”, the first officer couldn’t help but giggle.

“I’ll ask you one more time Mr. Sandler—“

"Yeah, yeah," Spike said unimpressed, "just a minute. Could you hold this please?" He handed the officer a beer can,"You can have that one, I have 5 more. Take care guys". Before the officers could do anything, Spike had already sped off.

One of the officers said something in his walky talky thingy.

**************************************************************************

Spike was going at least 95 when he heard sirens. Then suddenly everything went black for a couple of seconds.

He got out of the wrecked car and saw that there was police cars surrounding it. There was also a guy with a camera infront of him. He waved a gave the camera a pose and a grin before speaking to the guy.

"Ey! Waz up mate?," he slurred, "Check this ow," he lifted up the beer can that was still in his hand, "I dint' spill it!"

***************************************************************************

Note: Again, this is my first fic. Please be kind.