Author's Chapter Notes:
I am really happy about this chapter. Thanks to my beta, Nikki, thanks so much for your support. btw She has fan-tabulous stories so check them out... here's her site on SR... http://www.spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewuser.php?uid=955
Chapter 4: Pit Stop

Faith felt nervous being this close to a vampire who could hear her rapid heart beat and she didn’t like it. It seemed like she would be on the bus forever. She didn’t want to be this close to a vampire that could hear her rapid heartbeat. She didn’t want to let on that she knew something that she shouldn’t. She wasn’t about to jeopardize her life anymore than she had over the last couple years. She decided that the only sane thing to do would be to sit in the back of the bus with the potentials and away from the scoobies.

On the way she passes Dawn and Willow. Dawn saw that Willow and Faith were visibly nervous about something and threw them both questioning looks, but they both missed them. She opted that it was just nerves about Sunnydale being destroyed and not being far enough away when it happens.

Actually, that was what she was feeling, so Dawn just figured that everyone was feeling the same thing. Besides her, Willow was extremely quiet, she hadn’t said a word to her the whole drive so far, which is quite unusual for Willow, seeing as how she is an avid chatterbox.

“Dawnie let me out, I have to go to the bathroom,” Willow said a little too quickly.

“Um, okay.” She stood up from her seat to let Willow pass. She practically ran to the bathroom not really noticing that Xander and Anya were getting out of it looking disheveled. Giles on the other hand did notice the couple’s reappearance and started to rapidly clean his glasses.

“Well, if you have to go, you’re going to have to wait. Rona was here first and she has been waiting a long time. It’s not really my fault that Xander took a-” Anya began, but Xander’s hand quickly covered her mouth knowing what she was going to say.


After hearing that last bit, and knowing what Anya was about to say, Giles again took out his cloth and began to clean his glasses like there was no tomorrow.

“An, sweetie, lets go back to our seat.”

Willow stood there at the end of the bus, waiting for Rona to get out the bathroom. She needed her privacy and with the last couple weeks being full of mass amounts of teenage girls everywhere, she needed some time to herself.

Standing up, Giles walked up to the front of the bus, half because of the needed to get away from the loud group of teenage girls that surrounded him in the back, and half feeling the need to talk to Spike.

They were on the bus for a total of only two hours so far. Giles had realized that they hadn’t passed the ‘Welcome to Nevada’ sign yet, and wanted to find out where they were.

“Spike, where exactly are we?”

“What do you mean, Watcher?” Spike didn’t feel like much talking to anyone on the bus, even Dawn. He was still pissed off that they kicked Buffy out of the house, and even though she benefited from it in the long run, he didn’t want to talk to someone who could betray their leader of seven years, especially as their leader happened to be the woman he loved.

How could someone do that to their ‘friend’ like that? She supported them in ways that no one else could. The witch should have done something; she’d lived with the girl for almost two whole years. Knowing Buffy had paid for the house and everything, did Red really think that she owed Buffy nothing? Not just with the normal human stuff as well, but Buffy has stopped every demon, hellgod, and any other creature that wanted to do harm to Willow. She died so that demons wouldn’t reign on the Earth. It was very natural to feel the way he did right now when he’d been put in this type of situation.

“Well, Dawn said that we were going to Orlando. Shouldn’t we be at least in Nevada by now?” Giles was getting extremely worried; he had already cleaned his glasses ten times in the last five minutes. He didn’t want to be in California when Sunnydale blew up, or whatever it was going to do when it happened.

“We’re making a little pit stop and trust me I really don’t want to go but I got to do it. We’ll be there in 20 minutes.” Just then, Giles saw the “You’re now in Los Angles” sign and knew where they were headed.

----------------------------

“Grandpapa!” Spike yelled out when he saw Angel sitting in his office. He, Giles, Dawn, Willow, Kennedy, Xander, Anya, and Faith were walking into his office at W&H, Harmony close on their tails.

“What are you doing here, Spike, and don’t call me that!” Angel replied once he saw them, shocked a little bit that he didn’t notice their presence before then.

“Aww, is dead boy getting a little senile in his old age?” Xander asked patronizingly. “Is it too hard to notice little ole humans any more?” Xander was strolling along Angel’s office, taking notice on the objects that he found. What he did find interesting was a piece of paper that had some very bold writing and symbols on it.

“Shut it, Xander. It just so happens that I have a big important case that I’m working on, and it’s taking all of my time and focus,” Angel lied.

“But, boss you just finished you only case yesterday,” Harmony said in a typical Harmony fashion. The look she got from Angel was not a pleasant one. All the same she didn’t notice it.

Angel’s eyes grew wide at what he saw in Xander’s hands. He rushed for it only to watch Xander crumple it up and throw it to Spike. Spike took little time to unravel it and read it. He burst out laughing and quickly passed it on to Giles, who took one look at it, passed it to Willow and started to clean his glasses.

If it was possible, Willow seemed to go more red than her hair color even. Faith grabbed it off Willow and she and Kennedy read it together.

“Well, well, well, Angel, what do we have here?” Faith asked Angel, clearly not expecting any answer, so she continued. “Does Miss Blonde Bimbo over here,” she indicated towards Harmony, “Not give you the satisfaction that a big beefy guy like you needs? Do you need some outside help?” She couldn’t control herself any more and started to laugh so hard that her sides would hurt in a while, and that was saying something about how amusing it was.

Finally after a few minutes of infectious laughter from the whole gang, besides Dawn, Harmony, and of course Angel, they all sobered up. Spike had forbidden Dawn to see the paper, due to her virgin eyes, and to help that cause along, he ripped up the paper. All that Dawn saw was a corner that said, ‘Customer Receipt.’

“As amusing as that all was,” Spike began, “We actually came here for a reason.”

“Yes, and I am guessing it must be very important seeing as how this is taking away my valuable tanning time on the beach in Orlando,” Anya bluntly said showing how annoyed she was at being here.

“Wow, tanning, I haven’t done that since high school,” Harmony reminisced.

“That’s because you are a bloody vampire, Harm, have been since the end of High school,” Spike said. “Sunlight kills you, you know.”

“Spike, what is it that you want from me, I do have an unlife to um, unlive.” Angel was growing more impatient by the minute and it was generating great glee from Spike.

“Don’t get your panties in a twist, I was about to explain that before someone interrupted me.” He glared over to Anya. Why did they have to come in with him? It was not like he needed, let alone wanted them within a ten-mile radius. He especially didn’t need them with him to deal with Angel. But even though he would never admit it to anyone ever, he found it enjoyable when Xander bashed Angel instead of himself, once in a while.

“Did you help out Buffy?” Spike asked.

“Oh my God!! Why does everything revolve around Buffy with you two?” Harmony asked, exasperated. “It’s not like she is a super girl or something.” With that she stormed out of the room. Everyone looked after her with the same questioning look on their faces, ‘what?!?!’

‘I like this girl, well vamp,’ Kennedy thought.

Spike turned back to Angel. “Well, anyways, back to what I was saying. Did you help Buffy?” Spike repeated.

“Of course I helped Buffy. Who do you think I am?”

“Well, I think you’re a guy that uses way too much hair gel for starters. Do you actually get orgasms with that style?” Anya asked seriously staring at Angel’s hair. Angel guided his hands up to his hair to check if any strand was out of its place at her accusing stare.

“That’s it, I’ve had enough!.” Spike finnaly had it with these people. “Everyone but the Watcher and lil bit, have to leave. I can’t concentrate if I have everyone butting in after every thing I say. Leave, get back on the bus and stay there until we come out.” Seeing the look on Spike’s face and knowing that he no longer had the chip made up their minds and they quickly fled to the bus. Spike took some unnecessary breaths to try and calm himself down. Once they had all left, he again turned back to Angel.

“Now, as I was saying, what did you give to her to help her out?”

“Well, I took her up to the White Room and one of the Senior Partners talked to her. She was very disturbing, not with what she had said but what she looked like. Or should I say, who she looked like.” He stopped, and the others in the room were left waiting to know who the Senior Partner looked like. His looked around the room and his eyes stopped at Dawn’s. He nodded slightly, but it was clear to her what he was trying to say.

“Well, out with it man. Whom did she look like?” Giles asked.

“Yea, peaches, who? Buffy?” Angel shook his head to say no.

“Mom,” Dawn said in such a soft voice that it was barely heard by Giles.

“What was that Dawnie?” Giles asked her?

“She looked like my mom.” Dawn left the room not wanting to allow the boys to see her cry.

“Peaches, as much as I would love to continue this conversation, I have to go after Dawn.” Angel nodded his head in understanding. Just as he was about to leave, Harmony came back into the room.

“Uh, Boss, this note just um, appeared on my computer screen,” she said handing the print out over to Angel.

It read:
Send Spike, Giles, and Dawn up to the White Room
~Hart

“Well, it looks like we need Dawn after all, The Senior Partner wants to see all of you,” Angel told Spike.

Giles went to go find Dawn and after a full 20 minutes of searching for her, he found her coming out of the bathroom.

“Dawn, you are needed in the White Room. Angel is going to take us up there.” Dawn just loked at him puzzled but followed anyway.

They went back into Angel’s office and two minutes later, they were in the elevator. Angel lit up a few numbers from a list he pulled out of his pocket. When he was finish, there was a big white button above all the other numbers.

“Here, we go.” And with that he pushed the button, engulfing them in white light.

TBC…