"Hi, I'm Spike."

After a moment of serious hesitation, “Umm, I’m Buffy.”

Spike, who had decided at the last minute that William was no longer a ‘manly’ name, and had spontaneously decided on Spike, was in awe. Buffy? What kind of divine name is Buffy?

“Hello cutie.” How would Drusilla say this? Is this hott, or whatever? William wondered. “Peachy name, Buffy is.” Yeah, sure that’ll work. Yeah. Shit.

“Hey. So, from the looks of it, you haven’t been here before.” Buffy questioned even though she already knew the answer.

“No! I mean, yes, I come here all the time. I just, uhh, stubbed my toe before so I screamed. Yep, that’s all.” William could not believe he was talking to this beauty. Even more so, he couldn’t believe that pathetic excuse he had just made up for screaming only a few minutes previous.

“Hmm, you know, I don’t really shop here. My friend and I were just looking for some amusement. Guess we found some.”

“Yeah. Guess you did. Glad I could help with that.” Buffy’s soft chuckle brought a smile to Spike’s face.

“So, do you want to hang out sometime? Maybe we could go to a movie or something. Do you live nearby?”

“I go to NYU. I live in a dorm there, but it’s only about twenty miles away.”

“Really!? I go there too. I’m also staying in a dorm. Stevenson Hall, room 241. You should come over some time.” Buffy was anxious. This guy was extremely cute; hopefully that girl wasn’t his girlfriend.

William was overjoyed with the way this conversation was playing out. Happily, he replied, “Yeah! That would be splendid”.

“What’s that, my darling? Who are you talking...” pretending to just notice Buffy, “oh my, are you going to introduce me?”

“Oh, uh Buffy, this is Drusilla. My girlfriend?” now noticing the angered look from Dru, “Ah, yes, my girlfriend. Yeah. Her and I... are uh, well you know,... dating.” Damn it Dru, I forgot you were even here!

“Your girlfriend? Oh, well I have to go, maybe I’ll see you around campus sometime. Nice meeting you.” Why did I have to fall for the guy with a girlfriend? Oh yeah, I remember now, I’m Buffy, the Bringer of bad luck.

As Buffy walked back towards Willow William screamed out, “Buffy! Wait!” William had already made a fool out of himself for screaming out in this store, no sense in trying to stifle the noise he wanted to make to get Buffy’s attention.

Buffy and Willow turned around just as they were leaving the store in time to miss a threatening glare from Drusilla in the back of the store.

“Yes.” The last thing Buffy wanted was to piss of some guy’s girlfriend, so she really wanted to simply leave the store as soon as possible, even if he did come over to her first.

“Umm... It was nice meeting you.” And with that said, Buffy and Willow left Hot Topic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"He's been completely dazed all day. This girl, Fluffy or something, has him in a damned trance. You can tell his mind is elsewhere and his attention has been to the bloody stars for God's sakes! Oh, and now he calls himself SPIKE because William isn't cool enough anymore." Drusilla was beyond pissed at 'Spike'. How could he, mentally run after some dumb ass girl with a fake hair color.

"Well Dru, got to admit, Spike is a hot name; it can be interpreted many different ways." Darla gave a quiet little chuckle on the other side of the phone line.

“Now, now Darla. Hands off.” Drusilla said almost playfully with a mischievous grin upon her face.

“Alright Dru, well, good luck with Fluffy and I’ll talk to you later.” With that Drusilla hung up the phone just as William walked into their bedroom, wearing his new tight black jeans and red silk shirt, only half buttoned up, obviously lost in train of thought.
“Bloody Hell!” William jumped a little as he actually noticed that Drusilla was in the room.

“Why, hello to you to… Spike.” Drusilla spit out his new name as if it were some kind of big spider that she just wanted to step on.

“Sorry, Dru, didn’t see you sitting there.” As if that wasn’t obvious, Drusilla thought.

“Well, I’m here. And yesterday afternoon at the mall, in Hot Topic, I was there as well, its funny how you didn’t seem to notice much then either.” Drusilla was now trying to look sad and rejected, while, in reality, she felt so angry that she could just reach out and try to choke William to death, not that her small hands could actually wrap around his neck through, but hey.

“I noticed, I was just distracted by Buf… by other objects in the store. Scary place it was.” William smirked with confidence as if to hide his slight slip of Buffy’s name. There he was thinking about her again. He couldn’t get her off his mind.

She was becoming his mysterious obsession. He wanted to talk to her again, get to know her a bit more. If anything, he just wanted to see how she was doing. He was upset about Drusilla’s interruption, but it saddened him that had he been given the chance, he would have cheated on Dru without any hesitation. He didn’t even know Buffy that well, but it was like they were meant to be. She wasn’t even a form of competition to his girlfriend. She was just better.

Oh, well. William didn’t have much of a choice in the matter. If he left Dru, he would feel regret for hurting her. After all, it was because of her that he had even met Buffy in the first place. How ironic is that, because of his relationship with Drusilla, he was able to meet his possible soul mate!

Of course, logically, William would see Buffy again. They went to the same college after all. Granted, it was a pretty big campus, but still it’s not like they were in different states or something. Well, today was the first day of classes, so he’d at least find out whether or not they shared any classes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buffy was in her room pretending to be reading a book. Though she really liked Willow, she could be a little too happy sometimes. Buffy missed a high school, pre-breakup day that is. Life was simple then, it was always Buffy and Angel. They went together like two peas in a pod.

Life was more complicated now, and classes were just beginning. Already she had fallen for a hot guy with a girlfriend, who though she looked pale and thin, looked almost volatile. Buffy missed Angel. Why had he left her? Had he been willing to date her long distance for a while, she wouldn’t have even fallen for Spike in the first place.

And now she was back to the Angel problem. Though the initial shock of the breakup was over with, Buffy was left to deal with her mess and creating a new life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since his breakup with Buffy, Angel had been having a lot of fun. The entire summer he had spent smashed as he enjoyed toying around with as many girls as he could find. In the many various bars he had visited with fake ID’s, Angel had almost enjoyed the fact that he had a so-called ‘reason’ to be drunk. Only problem was when he was sober. He knew he was getting drunk so he didn’t have to think about her. It was too hard, but classes started tomorrow for him. Time to deal and get back to being the real Angel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next day, Angel’s first class:

“Mr. O’Connor. Mr. O’Connor! Would somebody please wake him up!”

One of the students next to Angel, a pretty girl named Harmony, started shaking Angel. She whispered “Hey gorgeous” in his ear. Angel was awake immediately, hoping that the voice in his ear had been Buffy’s like in his dream that he had been having about her. Then he suddenly remembered everything that had happened and looked up to see his professor staring at him with a great deal of anger. Due to confusion and pain, and the fact that he had had a few too many drinks last night, Angel threw up right in the classroom. Luckily for Harmony it was on his other side, where no one was sitting, currently.

Harmony screamed and jumped away from Angel with remarkable speed anyway. After running to the bathroom to get paper towels and cleaning up yet another mess he had made, Angel started putting his books back in his backpack, even as the whole class was still watching him.

“Sorry, I uh, I have to go.” Angel got up and ran out of the room. He was literally a disaster. He needed to get his act together, but that was proving to be more difficult then he had originally thought. And once again, Angel gave into the temptation of alcohol to solve his problems for him, if only for a little while.