Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy! Please Review!
Party Time

It had already been a month, and Buffy had yet to run into Spike on campus. Mostly she was sure, because she hadn’t had a chance to really get out much. Classes had started and work was piling up quickly, not to mention that not having Spike in any of her classes was a huge disappointment. One of her TA’s had taken an interest in her and constantly annoyed the hell out of her but she just told Riley Finn to back off. Though Buffy was lucky that Willow was a very studious roommate, and they had become close friends, Buffy was ready for a break from all the work and studying.

“So, Willow,” Buffy started, “we have been working really hard lately. You can’t really disagree with that can you?”

“Nope, we’ve been working hard, but the work just keeps on coming. You always want to do your best, right?” After noticing the dreading look of Buffy’s face she added, “Right?”

“No. We need a break.”

“Yeah I guess. Oh, I know, we can we can go to the movies or something!”

“How about the ‘or something’. There’s a party tonight on campus. Could be fun.”

“Umm, yeah. I haven’t been to any parties in a while.”

“Alright then. Tonight we let loose!” Buffy exclaimed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, the party:

50 Cent’s ‘In Da Club’ was blazing throughout the building. Willow was off talking with Oz while Buffy was talking to a random guy that had come her way. He was a jerk, but at least he was someone that Buffy actually recognized from class.

Parker Abrams was talking to Buffy in the corner of one of the rooms. Slowly, he started moving in to her for a kiss assuming that she was actually interested in him.

“What are doing? No. Hey.” Buffy was trying to get away from him without causing a huge scene, she wasn’t interested in him, and quite frankly he wasn’t all that hot.

“Come on Buffy. Just a little kiss.” Moving in closer, Buffy tried pushing him off her, but he was stronger. Left with no other option, Buffy yelled.

Unfortunately not many people heard her over the loud music or even cared for that matter, there were many reasons someone could be screaming.

Just when she was about to give up hope and just kiss the perv, someone pulled Parker off of her. Buffy thankfully looked in the eyes of her savior to realize that he had been no one other than Spike.

“Thank you.” She managed to stammer out. “That guy was a jerk, I was just talking to him but I didn’t really like him. Plus, he breath had way to much alcohol on it.”

Spike smirked, “so you don’t like the smell of alcohol on men, but you enjoy a beer or two for yourself?”

Looking down at her hand that held a bottle of beer, Buffy looked back up at Spike and just shrugged her shoulders, “yeah, well…”

“It’s alright luv. Let’s get out of here. We can go get coffee, sound okay?”

“Yeah, sounds great. Let me just tell Willow I’m leaving.” While Buffy was off looking for Willow, Spike thought about how the choice he had just made. Though he couldn’t see Drusilla right now, she was bound to figure out sooner or later that he had left. Spike just had to remind himself that it was worth it.

An hour later or so, Buffy and Spike were sitting at Starbucks talking about everything from favorite movies to childhood experiences. They had a lot in common, which helped keep their conversation moving. Buffy had been telling Spike of how her father used to take her to the ice show when she was younger and Spike had spoke of his father, his real name William, and life in England.

“So,” Buffy started when their conversations about past Halloween costumes had ended, “what’s with that girl you were with at the mall. Is she still your girlfriend?” Somehow Spike seemed to catch her nervousness as she asked the question. Must have had to do with her head being bowed and the small voice she asked it in.

Putting his fingers underneath her chin to bring her face to look up at his eye for eye, Spike confessed.

“Look Buffy. Just a year ago, I was a complete loser. I had almost no friends and no girlfriend. My father was very worried about me. When he took me to the US on a vacation, I met Drusilla and we became involved. She moved to England with me and we were almost inseparable. We were very much in love, or at least I was very much in love with her. She changed me; I became more outgoing and started dressing more fashionably. When I came here for college, she came with me. I owe her so much for everything she has done for me, but she’s just not the girl for me. I’ve always hoped she was, but Buffy, she doesn’t even compare to you. I know I barely even know you, but please, can you maybe give me a little time to dump her and make her realize it is for the best?”

“Of course. You know, my last boyfriend and I were also very close. We were best friends when we were children and we grew into lovers, as we got older. We’ve always loved each other, but then he dumped me. He was going to college in California and thought it would be too difficult to have a long-distance relationship. So, I just wanted you to know, we are in a slightly similar situation.” Buffy offered a small smile with her proclamation, but it was enough to bring a big smile to Spike’s face as well.

“Well Buffy, I’m sorry he dumped you but I must say, his loss is my incredible gain.” Oh, what a hot smirk he has!

“Yeah. Your incredible gain. I like that.” Buffy and Spike sat cuddled in the back of Starbucks for the next few hours until the store finally closed. As Spike was walking Buffy up to her dorm he thought about kissing her. Sure there was Drusilla, but she wouldn’t have to know, right?

As Buffy was standing outside the door to the dorms, with the light shining from behind her onto her back lighting up her hair, Spike kissed her with more passion then he knew possible.

Someone then started tapping Buffy on her shoulder and reluctantly Buffy pulled away from Spike to turn around to see an angry Drusilla with her eyebrows raised, fists clenched.

“Uh, Dru baby. I think we need to talk.” Spike said looking guilty.

“No, we really don’t.” Drusilla said with an evil smile. She reached her hand out and slapped Buffy really hard, leaving a red handprint on Buffy’s shoulder.

“You bitch.” Drusilla yelled as she walked off leaving Buffy and Spike both extremely pissed off.

“Buffy, I’m so sorry. Let me see. Come on, lets get some ice on that.”

“No Spike, that’s okay go take care of Drusilla, I can take care of myself.”
Crying, Buffy ran off into her dorm room, locking Spike outside.

“Shit” was all Spike said before running after Dru.