Oh God, I hope this is a Dream!!

I’m so unbelievably sorry about waiting SO long for updating! I just finished with school and I’ve been taking exams for what seems like forever. Anyway, here’s a quick overview of the whole story up until this point so far. Please enjoy and review!

~Buffy and Angel thought they were soul mates until Angel broke up with Buffy as they split ways and headed out for college on different sides of the United States. Angel regrets calling it quits with Buffy and falls into a habit of obsessive drinking, ruining his chances at college and a good life in California. After a summer of devastation, Buffy enters college in New York ready for a new life. She meets Spike once at a mall and falls head over heels in love with him. He feels the same about her only he has a jealous girlfriend, Drusilla. Buffy and Spike form a bond, but things go a little sour as Spike confronts Drusilla about his love for Buffy. As Buffy tries to escape from the drama in her life for a night, she goes into a club where she lets of some frustration, until in the corner of the bar Buffy spots Angel passed out on a table. Surprised by his appearance in New York City, she goes to greet him, and finds him dead at the table. Breaking down into tears, the next few hours were such a blur for Buffy that she missed the sinister smile of a girl silently walking out of the club.

NEW:

The club cleared as the police arrived, and the media right behind them. Buffy was still standing over Angel’s body, staring at him. She knew the police had been trying to speak with her, but she was silent. While it was true that she was starting to have deep feelings for Spike, it was still Angel that she had spent most of her life with. Eventually talking to the police, Buffy learned that someone had poisoned his drink. Upon being asked if she could think of anyone who would want Angel dead though, Buffy lied saying she had not seen him in a while but that no one was coming to mind. Drusilla, she considered, well no, she may have been a bitch but not homicidal.

That fact that Angel was in New York City at all though surprised Buffy almost as much as the fact that somewhere, someone out there had hated him enough to kill him. Not knowing what else to do, Buffy quietly walked back to her dorm. After giving the police everything they needed from her on Angel, she had no reason to stay. Being near the body was too devastating. Though Buffy had to wonder, why was Angel here in the first place? When did he get here? Had he seen her dancing earlier? Why hadn’t he come over to her?

Shoving the key into the lock of her dorm room, Buffy twisted the handle to open the door and realized it was already open. Seeing no lights on in the room, Buffy pushed the door open further to let some light from outside in as she stood against the wall in the hallway.

After a minute and several awkward stares from passing classmates later, Buffy lost her patience and stood in the doorway, ready for whatever was going to come her way. To say the least, she wasn’t expecting to see what she did.

Sitting on the couch, hands folded in her lap, Willow sat; resolve face in place. Without saying a word, the two girls engaged in a staring contest for what seemed like an hour until Buffy finally walked fully into the room and shut the door.

“Um, hi Will.” Buffy started, giving her friend a weird look. “What are you doing up?”

“Waiting for you! Buffy, it’s one o’clock in the morning! I’ve been worried sick, and sorry if I seem a little high strong, but things have been crazy tonight!” Frantically, Willow stood from the couch to go and give her friend a hug.

“Yeah, I know Willow. I’m sorry. I would have called you but with Drusilla showing up and the whole Angel thing, I just never really got to it.”

“Oh don’t worry about me! I saw you on the news.”

“Yeah? Did my hair at least look okay?” Buffy stared down at her feet, hoping to God this was just some awful dream, yet knowing it wasn’t.

Taken aback into a state of silence at her friend’s overly tired demeanor and pathetic attempt at humor Willow just stared at Buffy and all her sympathies went out the poor girl.

FOX New York had only been one of the news stations to cover the story at The Fish Tank, but they had been the first to report it and if it hadn’t been for Willow’s thirst for knowledge, she probably never would have turned on the news in the first place. And while grateful that Buffy was okay physically, Willow couldn’t help but be concerned about her mental state.

“Buffy, the best advise I could possible give you right now, would be to try and get some sleep. We’ll talk tomorrow. Do you want me to get you anything, hot chocolate, ice-cream, anything at all?” Willow really wanted to be able to do something to help ease Buffy’s pain, but she knew that at least for now, the only thing that could help her was time.

“No, but thanks Will and ice-cream will come. I just doubt that I’ll be able to sleep much, but it certainly can’t hurt to try. Good night.” With that Buffy walked into her room and crawled up under the covers, waiting for this nightmare to end.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike never made it back to Buffy’s dorm that night to check on her. He hadn’t even made it to his own room. The night for him had been spent walking around New York. He had thought about Buffy and Drusilla mostly though at times his mind went off into memories of his old life with his father in England, when things were so much simpler. Sometimes he wished he could just go back to those days. But then there is still Buffy, the love of his life.

He would always remember Drusilla and all she had done for him, but for some reason he just couldn’t love her like he did Buffy. Drusilla really had helped him so much, he wasn’t even sure that being with Buffy was fair to her. In the end though, he had come to realize that being with Buffy would be the fairest thing for everyone, he couldn’t lie to Drusilla forever about his love for her. Now he just needed to get Buffy back and hope for the best.