Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 10

Spike pounded on Buffy’s door, determined to get her to talk to him. He wouldn’t lose her over something as stupid as this. He was relieved when she opened the door, which quickly turned to surprise when she didn’t even look angry or hurt.

Buffy just pulled him into the house and closed the door. “Did Harmony follow you?” she wondered.

Spike tried to push his shock aside to answer her. “I don’t think so. Buffy, are you okay? I thought you were mad at me.”

Buffy waved her hand in the air and pulled him upstairs to her room. She turned to look at him once they were inside. “I’m not mad at you. I just wanted Harmony to think that. I knew something was wrong the second that jerk ex-boyfriend of hers started to talk to me. I didn’t believe that you would really kiss her, Spike. I know Harmony pretty well, that was all her.”

Spike sighed in relief and grabbed her in a tight hug. “God, I was bloody terrified thinking that I lost you,” he claimed, planting a kiss on the top of her head. “Don’t do that to me, love.”

Buffy nodded and pulled away from him. “Sorry about that. I had to make it believable. I’m sick of her always getting her way and thinking that she’s so perfect. It’s time for things to change.”

Spike had to smile at her. God, he loved this girl. “What exactly did you have in mind?”

Buffy gave him a smile in return. “Oh, I’m not going to do anything.”

Spike was confused, until he heard a voice behind him.

“No, but I will. Buffy could never pull this off,” Dawn said, showing them the pink book that she was holding.

“What’s that, nibblet?” he asked her.

Dawn smiled and opened the book. “This would be Harmony’s diary. She really needs to find a better hiding place. Keeping it in a box that has ‘diary’ written on the top is so lame. You should see some of the stuff she has in here. She says something bad about pretty much everyone in school, and most of them are supposed to be her friends. I wonder how they would feel when they find out what Harmony really thinks of them.”

Buffy glanced at the diary, then at her sister. “I don’t know, maybe this isn’t such a good idea.”

Dawn rolled her eyes. “Come on, Buffy. Don’t chicken out on me now. You were all set to get back at her a few minutes ago. She has this coming. It’s nothing compared to all the crap we’ve had to deal with over the years. She needs to be put in her place. I mean, dying her hair is nothing. We need to move on to something bigger,” she explained.

Spike spoke up after a moment. “You two dyed her hair green? That was bloody great,” he said with a smile, which quickly faded when he saw the look on Buffy’s face. He knew how much she hated pranks, but Dawn did have a point. “Well, you know I’ll be behind you. No matter what you decide to do.”

Buffy gave him a small smile. She then turned her attention back on Dawn. “All right, but this is all your doing.”

Dawn squealed and attacked her older sister in a hug. “I promise you won’t regret it. Harmony is never gonna know what hit her,” she claimed, then ran out of the room.

Buffy let out a sigh. “Sometimes she really scares me,” she said, sitting down on her bed.

Spike sat down next to her. “It’ll all work out, love. It’s just a shame that I don’t go to Sunnydale High anymore. I would have loved to see her reaction.”

She slapped him playfully on the arm. “I wish you were still there, too. You were the only thing that made school worth going to, even if you didn’t notice me then.”

Spike moved closer and gave her a soft kiss on the lips. “I always noticed you,” he whispered and kissed her again, this time making it longer.

Buffy pushed him away a little when she needed to breathe. “As much fun as this is, I think you should go now. I don’t want Harmony to see you.”

Spike agreed and stood up. “I’m already gone.” He pressed a quick kiss to her cheek. “I’ll see you later.”

Buffy nodded and watched him walk away, then lay down on her bed and thought about everything that happened. She really hoped they were doing the right thing.


* * * * *


Buffy sat up when Harmony barged into her room later. She tried to look upset, but all she felt was pissed off.

“So, you left in a hurry. I hope it wasn’t something I did.”

“You know what you did,” Buffy mumbled and got off of her bed, making her way over to the window.

“Seriously, Buffy. Did you really think you could keep a guy like Spike? He is way out of your league. He’s had tons of girls and you just can’t compete with that. I was doing you a favor.”

Buffy couldn’t take anymore and decided to give Harmony a piece of her mind. “You think you did me a favor? Admit it, Harm. You just couldn’t handle the fact that Spike chose me over you. You already get everything in this world. Why do you have to go after the one person that means anything to me? God, do you hate me that much? I have never done anything to deserve this. I want you to get out of here.”

Harmony was a little surprised at the outburst. “Look, it’s not my fault that Spike can’t resist me. I tried to push him away, Buffy. He’s been constantly following me around and saying he wants to be with me. I told him that I couldn’t do that to you, but he wouldn’t listen. It’s obvious that he only started going out with you to get closer to me. You really don’t want a boyfriend like that. So, I really was doing you a favor.”

Buffy cringed at her sister’s words. There was no part of her that believed it. She trusted Spike completely and that was all she needed to know. She stared at Harmony and tried not to laugh at the fake look of concern on her face. “Thank you,” she replied.

Harmony smiled and felt pleased with herself. “Hey, I’m just looking out for my sister,” she said and patted Buffy on the head like she was a dog, then left the room.

Buffy glared daggers at her back. “No, thank you for making me feel less guilty about ruining your life,” she said to herself and thought about what was likely to happen at school the next day. She had no doubts that Dawn would pull it off.