Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm back home now and I couldn't be happier about that. I hope everyone that celebrates Thanksgiving had a good one. This chapter may seem a little harsh, but things will soon change. I hope you guys will continue to like what I have in store. I really wanna make this story a longer one, but I'm dealing with writer's block at the moment. If I can't think of anything else to do, I may just end it at around 18 chapters. I'm hoping for more ideas to come to me, I just really don't wanna end it yet. I'm open to any suggestions at this point. I hope you guys like this chapter=)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 11

Harmony walked out of class, with her friends trailing right behind her.

“The teachers seriously need to learn about fashion at this school. How does she expect anyone to pay attention to her in that outfit?”

Megan and Natalie nodded in agreement. They always agreed with everything Harmony said.

The blonde stopped suddenly when she noticed a commotion in the distance. She just had to check it out, being the nosy person that she was. She found some students at their lockers and it looked like they were reading something. Harmony was curious and walked over to Cordelia when she saw the brunette at her locker. It had to be something good if Cordy was so engrossed in it. “Hey, Cor? What’s so interesting?”

Cordelia suddenly turned a glare on Harmony. “You slept with Angel?”

Harmony gulped at what her friend said. Angel was Cordelia’s boyfriend of two years and it happened a few months ago. She never thought the brunette would find out. “How...How did you know that?” she stuttered out.

Cordelia threw the paper that she was reading in her face.

Harmony was confused and gazed at the paper. She gasped when she saw what was on it. It was an exact copy of what she wrote in her diary about the time that she was with Angel. She looked back up at Cordelia’s face to see that the other girl really wasn’t happy.

“You must think I’m pretty stupid, Harm. It actually explains a lot now that I think about it. You’ve been acting weird around me, and Angel has been distant lately. What? You couldn’t handle the fact that I had a boyfriend and you didn’t?”

Harmony shook her head. “No, I never meant for it to happen. It was a mistake, we both know that. We had too much to drink. We decided not to tell you because we didn’t wanna hurt you,” she explained.

Cordelia snatched the paper out of her hands and ripped it in half, throwing the pieces to the floor. “Save it, Harmony. We’re done here,” she spat and walked away, without even bothering to look back.

Harmony couldn’t believe that just happened. She turned to Megan and Natalie to see that they were just as surprised.

They just shook their heads and headed to their own lockers, only to find a similar piece of paper there as well.

Megan grabbed it, her eyes bulging at what she read. She turned back to Harmony and held the paper up for her to see. “So, you think I’m a flake? You’re really one to talk.” She threw the paper to the floor and stomped away.

Harmony picked it up and noticed that it was another page from her diary. What the hell was going on?

“I am not a crybaby!” Natalie yelled once she read the paper that was on her locker. She then ran away, with tears streaming down her face.

Harmony didn’t understand what was happening, but she was determined to find out.


* * * * *


“Everyone is talking about Harmony, and not in a good way,” Willow said to Buffy later that day in the cafeteria. “Your sister is a genius. I can’t believe she pulled that off.”

Buffy sighed and looked at her friend. “Yeah, Dawn’s a genius all right. I know I should be happy that Harmony is finally getting what she deserves, but I can’t help feeling bad about it. This would make me just as bad as her.”

Willow shook her head. “You could never be like Harmony. Besides, you really didn’t do anything.”

Buffy nodded. “I know, but I still knew about it.”

Willow didn’t know what else to say, when an excited brunette came over to them and sat down.

“This is the best day ever. No one is talking to Harmony; everyone in school practically hates her now. Job well done, if I do say so myself.”

Buffy had to smile a little at her sister, even though she wasn’t really feeling it. “Should we be happy about this? I mean, she is our sister. As much as I hate to admit that.”

Dawn rolled her eyes. “Hell yeah, we should be happy about it. You know she had this coming, Buffy. She has been making our lives miserable; maybe things will finally get better now.”

Buffy thought about what Dawn said and agreed. “I guess you’re right.”

Dawn gave her sister a smile. “I’m always right.”

They then noticed Harmony walk in and sit at a table by herself.

Dawn glanced back at Buffy. “I should feel bad that she’s all alone right now, but all I feel is giddy,” she said and got up, heading out of the cafeteria to meet with Connor.

Buffy let out another sigh and watched Harmony in the distance. She really hoped that things would get better.


* * * * *


Buffy entered her house after school and headed to her room, but she didn’t get very far. She was pushed into a wall and turned to see the angry face of Harmony.

“What the hell did you do that for?” she wondered, rubbing her arm.

“You did that to me! You stole my diary and posted every bad thing I wrote around school! They all hate me now because of you!”

Buffy decided that it would be best if she took the blame. She wouldn’t want to get Dawn in trouble. “I only did it to get back at you for trying to take Spike from me. We’re still together, Harmony. I know everything you told me was a lie. I wanted you to realize how it feels to have everything you love taken away from you. It doesn’t feel good, does it?”

Harmony suddenly slapped Buffy across the face.

She was shocked and touched her stinging cheek.

“I wish you weren’t my sister!” Harmony yelled and ran into her room, slamming the door behind her.

Buffy removed her hand from her cheek and looked to where Harmony was once standing. “Yeah, the feeling’s mutual,” she said to herself, then went to her room and closed the door.