Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 12

“I can’t believe she hit you,” Spike said and caressed the mark on Buffy’s cheek.

They were both sitting outside her house later that night.

“Well, she was pretty angry.”

Spike wouldn’t accept that. “She still didn’t have any right hitting you. Wasn’t the diary thing Dawn’s idea?”

Buffy nodded. “Yeah, but Harmony figured I did it. I just let her think what she wants. It doesn’t really matter to me.”

Spike wrapped his arms around Buffy and pulled her closer to him, pressing his lips softly to the bruise.

She closed her eyes at his touch.

“Does that feel better?” he whispered to her.

Buffy could only manage a nod.

Spike gently licked her cheek.

She felt chills down her spine.

He then started to kiss her on the lips.

She was eager to respond.

Spike slipped his hand underneath her shirt and caressed her stomach as the kiss grew more passionate.

They both quickly pulled away when the back door opened.

Buffy looked up at the angry expression on her mother’s face, knowing what put it there.

“I think you should go home now, William. I need to speak with my daughter.”

Spike nodded and stood up. He glanced at Buffy one more time before walking away.

“Get inside this house, young lady,” she said once Spike was gone.

Buffy sighed and followed her mother into the house.

Joyce closed the door and looked at her daughter. “What has gotten into you lately? Your sister is upstairs crying her eyes out right now because of what you did to her at school. How could you have done that, Buffy? You have been acting up ever since you started seeing William. Maybe it would be best if you two spent some time apart.”

Buffy couldn’t believe what she was hearing and decided to speak up. “He has nothing to do with this. Harmony is the problem, Mom. Why can’t you ever see that? She has always been your favorite. Hell, she’s everyone’s favorite. Excuse me for wanting that to change. I’m sick of going to a school where they only know me as Harmony’s little sister. I wanted to be recognized for once,” she explained and hoped that something would get through to her mother.

“So, you decide to embarrass your sister in front of her friends? I am surprised at you, Buffy. I love all three of you equally.”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest and looked away from her mother’s gaze. “You have a funny way of showing it,” she mumbled.

It was loud enough for Joyce to hear. “All right, this kind of behavior isn’t acceptable. I want you to go upstairs and apologize to your sister.”

Buffy felt like laughing at that suggestion, but she held it back. “I have nothing to apologize for. She never apologized to me for everything that she’s done. Why should I? I don’t regret what happened. I would do it again if I could. She’s a bitch and it’s about time people realized that.” She knew that she said the wrong thing when she saw the look on her mother’s face, but she couldn’t seem to care.

“I want you to go to your room and think about what you’ve done. You are not to go out anywhere for the next few weeks. You are only allowed to go to school and then come straight home. I don’t want you with that boy again. Not until you are ready to apologize and behave yourself. Do I make myself clear?” she finished in a surprisingly calm voice.

Buffy gave her a hard stare. “Crystal,” she replied, then ran upstairs and into her room.


* * * * *


“Wow, that’s harsh. You’re not even allowed to see him?” Willow said on the phone after Buffy told her about what happened.

“Not unless I apologize to her royal highness. It’ll be a cold day in Hell before that happens.”

Willow nodded, even though Buffy couldn’t see her. “You shouldn’t have to apologize. I’m sure your mom will come around,” she said, trying to make her friend feel better.

“I doubt it; you know how my mom can get. I’ll just have to find a way around it.”

Willow was curious now. “You mean you’re going to sneak around? Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

Buffy shrugged and played with the cover on her bed. “Harmony’s done it enough times; I think I could pull it off. I just can’t apologize to her, Will. And I can’t go weeks without seeing him either.” She looked at the time and realized that she should probably end the call. “I have to go now, wouldn’t want mommy dearest to know I’m on the phone,” she claimed, hanging up after Willow said goodbye.

Dawn knocked on her door, then walked into the room. “Hey, I heard what happened. Why are you taking the blame for this? It was my idea to screw Harmony over. You didn’t even really wanna do it,” she said, sitting down next to her sister.

“There’s no reason for both of us to get in trouble. Harmony thought it was me and I didn’t exactly correct her. It’s not a big deal, Dawny.”

That didn’t stop Dawn from feeling guilty. “I just feel bad that you got grounded for something that was my fault.”

Buffy smiled and tried to lighten the mood. “Now you have some competition. You shouldn’t be the only one to get grounded around here. There’s a first time for everything.”

Dawn returned her smile. “Well, good luck trying to catch up to me. I’ve been grounded twice in the last month.”

Buffy rolled her eyes at her sister’s obvious excitement over the idea. “Yeah, that’s really something to be proud of. You’re such a bad seed,” she replied, shoving Dawn in a playful way.

“You better believe it. I’ll probably end up having sex before you, too.”

Buffy was shocked. “You better not even be thinking about that. You’re way too young.”

Dawn rolled her eyes now. “Please, like you’re not thinking about it. How can you be with Spike and not think about having sex?”

Buffy blushed and looked away. “Okay, this discussion is over.”

Dawn laughed at her sister’s embarrassment. “I so knew it.”

Buffy pushed Dawn and almost caused her to fall off of the bed. “Shut up, brat,” she said in a teasing tone.

Dawn stuck her tongue out.

Joyce then appeared in the doorway. “Dawn, go to your room. Buffy is not allowed to have any company right now.”

She rolled her eyes again and got up, making her way out of the room

Joyce looked at Buffy. “You should get to bed.”

“Yes, Mother,” she responded in an emotionless voice.

Joyce only sighed and shut her daughter’s door. Buffy had never talked back before and Joyce was really starting to get worried. She didn’t know what she was going to do with her.