Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 15

“We actually had a real conversation. I never would have seen it coming,” Buffy explained, sitting down next to Spike on his bed.

“Does this mean I have to start liking her now?” he wondered.

“I’m not even sure if I really like her yet, but things are getting better. She actually took out the trash yesterday, which is a big breakthrough for Harmony.”

Spike nodded and put his arm around her. “She does know to leave me alone now, right?”

Buffy smiled at him. “I don’t think she’ll be a problem anymore. She apologized for trying to come between us. I guess she’s always used to getting the guy that it was hard to deal with the fact that one could actually reject her. Not to mention choosing to be with the sister that she never thought could get a boyfriend. I guess I showed her.”

Spike placed a kiss on her cheek. “That you did, love. I’ll always be yours.”

Buffy felt touched at his words and really believed that he would always be there. She kissed him on the lips and it lasted for a few seconds. She pulled away and looked into his eyes, finally being able to tell him what she wanted. “Spike, I think I’m ready.”

His eyes bulged at what she was implying. “Are you sure, Buffy? I don’t want you to think that you have to. There’s no hurry.”

Buffy caressed his cheek. “I want to, Spike. I want my first time to be with you. I know you would make it special.”

Spike pressed his forehead to hers and couldn’t remember ever feeling so much love for someone. This girl had implanted herself into his heart in such a short time, but he couldn’t imagine being with anyone else. He kissed her this time, putting all the love and passion that he felt for her behind it. He then started to remove his clothes.

Buffy followed his lead and suddenly felt shy when he stared at her so intensely. She grabbed the blanket to cover herself, but he wouldn’t let her.

“Don’t hide yourself from me, Buffy. You’re absolutely breathtaking,” he whispered.

Buffy felt her cheeks heat up at his declaration, then lay back on the bed.

Spike got on top of her. He gave her a soft kiss on the mouth and trailed his lips down her neck, sucking and licking at her flesh.

Buffy moaned and ran her fingers through his hair.

Spike then pulled away to open the drawer next to his bed. He grabbed a condom that he found inside and put it on. He stared into her eyes and moved back on top of her. “It’s going to hurt a little at first, but I promise it will get better.”

Buffy nodded as he positioned himself at her entrance. She took a deep breath when he slowly slid into her. She shut her eyes at the pain it caused, not knowing it would hurt so much.

Spike kissed her closed eyelids.

Buffy opened them back up to look at the concerned expression on his face. The pain started to fade as he moved within her.

“Does it feel better?” he asked softly.

She nodded. “It doesn’t hurt anymore. Don’t stop.”

That was the last thing Spike wanted to do. He buried his face against her neck and started to move faster inside of her. She was so incredibly tight and felt wonderful. He never wanted it to end, but he could sense that she was close.

They were soon brought to release and he remained on top of her for a moment, both breathing heavily.

Spike pulled out of her after a few seconds and lay down beside her, so she wouldn’t be crushed. He threw the condom away when he got his breathing under control and gazed at the vision next to him, planting a kiss on her shoulder. “You are amazing, you know that?”

Buffy blushed at his words. She didn’t think she would ever get used to the compliments. “You make me feel amazing.”

He then kissed the tip of her nose. “I’ll spend the rest of my life making you feel that way.”

Buffy couldn’t help the tears that seemed to form in her eyes at his statement. “I love you,” she responded.

Spike had a soft smile on his face now. He never expected her to be the first one to say the actual words. “I love you, too. More than anything,” he told her.

Buffy smiled in return and rested her head against his chest.

He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

They were both soon fast asleep.


* * * * *


Buffy entered her house early the next morning. She didn’t mean to fall asleep at Spike’s and just hoped that no one knew she was out all night. She was about to walk quietly up to her room, when a voice stopped her.

“Where have you been?”

Buffy turned around to see her mother standing there and she didn’t look happy. “I was at Spike’s. We must have lost track of time,” she said and hoped that her mother would leave it at that, but there was no such luck.

“What exactly were you doing with Spike all this time?”

Buffy took in a breath and thought about what to say. “We were just talking and then fell asleep. I didn’t realize how late it was.”

Joyce sighed and clearly didn’t believe that was the whole story. “We need to talk, Buffy.” She just grabbed her daughter’s hand and pulled her into the living room.

They both sat down on the couch and Buffy waited for her mother to speak first.

“I know you’re not a child anymore and that you have an older boyfriend now, but I am still your mother. I want you to know that you can always talk to me.”

Buffy nodded and waited for her to continue.

“I just want you to tell me the truth. Have you two been sleeping together?” she asked and anxiously awaited Buffy’s answer.

Buffy figured that there was no way to get out of it now. “It only happened once. It was my idea. He wanted to wait, but I felt that I was ready.”

Joyce let out another sigh. She already had to deal with Harmony being sexually active at a young age. She never figured that she would have to deal with the same thing from Buffy. Dawn was another story, but Joyce couldn’t even think about that at the moment. She just had to keep believing that her youngest was still a virgin. “Were you careful?”

Buffy nodded. “Yes, Spike used protection.”

Joyce felt relieved and gave Buffy’s hand a squeeze. “I just want you to be safe, honey. I know I haven’t been the best mother to you, but I don’t want you to get hurt.”

Buffy shook her head. “Spike would never hurt me, Mom. We love each other. I know you probably think I’m too young to understand, but I really do love him.”

Joyce graced Buffy with a small smile. She couldn’t believe how grown up her daughter was now. They all seemed to grow up too fast. “I know you do. I think William is a good man. I know he’ll take good care of you,” she replied and started to run her fingers through Buffy’s hair.

Buffy then gave her mother a hug.

Joyce returned the embrace.

“I love you, Mommy,” she said in a small voice.

Joyce held her tighter. “I love you, too. Nothing will ever change that.”

Mother and daughter just continued to sit there in silence as they held each other, pleased with the fact that they both finally reached an understanding.