Author's Chapter Notes:
At the bottom.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 16

Buffy knocked on Spike’s door the next day and smiled at the older man that greeted her.

“Hey, Giles. I didn’t know you were coming back already.”

The man gave her a smile in return. “Yes, I had a change of plans. I take it you’re here to see William,” he said, letting her into the house.

“Yeah, is he here?”

Giles nodded. “He’s in his room. William has told me that you two are together now. I don’t think I have ever seen my son quite this happy before, I believe you are the reason for that. I honestly don’t think he could be with anyone better.”

Buffy felt touched at his words and gave him a hug. Giles always felt like a father to her, more than her real one ever was. “Thank you, I really appreciate that,” she told him and pulled away.

He gave her another smile. “You’re quite welcome. Would you please tell my son that I will be going to the market? I should return in an hour.”

Buffy nodded and watched Giles leave the house, then headed to Spike’s room and knocked on his door. She heard music coming from inside and figured that he couldn’t hear her, so she opened the door. She found Spike asleep on his bed when she walked in. His arm hung over the edge and he was snoring quietly. Buffy thought he was absolutely adorable, she almost didn’t want to wake him. She walked over to him and poked him lightly on the chest. That didn’t seem to get a reaction from him, so she poked him harder. He still wouldn’t budge and she was about to do it again, when he suddenly grabbed her arm and pulled her onto the bed. She let out a squeal as she landed on top of him.

Spike’s eyes opened and stared right at her. “I was waiting for you.”

Buffy realized that he wasn’t really asleep. She smiled and pressed her lips to his, then got off of him.

He pouted at the loss of contact, then noticed that she was wearing the leather jacket he gave to her. It really did look great on her. “I see you’re wearing the jacket. It’s a little warm out.”

She shrugged. “Well, I like it. It’s comfortable and the heat never bothered me, anyway. You know, I was thinking about this jacket. You may not be a huge guy, but I realized the jacket wouldn’t really fit you all that well. I was surprised by how well it fit me, though. Is there something you wanna tell me?”

He saw the smile on her face and let out a sigh. “All right, you caught me. It’s not an old one that I just had lying around. I saw it in a store and thought of you. I wanted to find a way to give it to you, without you thinking that I bought it for you. Okay, I don’t even think that made any sense.”

Buffy laughed. “It made perfect sense. That was really sweet of you.”

Spike shrugged and acted like it was no big deal. “I didn’t want you to get cold,” he mumbled.

Buffy didn’t think he could possibly get any cuter. He was just full of surprises. She threw her arms around his neck and gave him a peck on the lips.

He groaned when she pulled away after only a second. “Is that all I get?”

Buffy flashed him a smile and planted a more passionate kiss on his lips.

Spike wrapped his arms around her waist and deepened the kiss. He pulled away when they both needed to breathe and rested his head against hers. “I’ll never get tired of that.”

She smiled again and gave him another kiss.

They wondered how long it would be before they left his room.


* * * * *


Buffy and Spike finally walked into the Bronze later that night and instead of sitting down, they moved to the dance floor. Spike wrapped his arms around Buffy and she did the same, both of them swaying slowly to the music. They were lost in their own world, when Buffy accidentally bumped into someone.

She was about to apologize, until she realized who the other person was.

He recognized her as well and gave her a twisted smile. “Hey, it’s Slutty Summers. I was just thinking about you.”

Buffy should have known those rumors wouldn’t just go away as she looked at Mike Waters. He was one of the popular guys at school and always loved to make people uncomfortable.

Spike pulled Buffy away and glared at the other man that dared to interrupt them. “You better show some respect, pillock,” he spat.

Mike was only amused. “Isn’t this cute? You have yourself a bodyguard. How much are you paying to screw her?” he said to Spike, who then had a look of pure anger on his face.

Buffy grabbed his hand and really didn’t want to cause a scene. “Spike, let’s just go.”

His expression softened when he glanced at her and nodded.

They were about to walk away, when Mike spoke up again.

“Well, I see who wears the pants in that family. You probably like it when the little whore tells you what to do.”

Spike had enough and wasn’t going to let the wanker talk about Buffy like that. He bounded back over to Mike and without giving it much thought, punched him right in the face.

Mike stumbled back and held his nose, which was now bleeding.

Spike didn’t feel any remorse for his actions. “You ever say that about her again and you’ll be getting more than a bloody nose. You got that?” he said in a surprisingly calm voice, then noticed that Security was starting to head in their direction. He didn’t seem to care and only wanted to get his girl out of there. He went back over to Buffy and noticed the scared expression on her face. Spike couldn’t think about that at the moment and just grabbed her hand, pulling her out of the club. He just hoped that she wouldn’t be too mad at him.


* * * * *


I'm hoping you guys are still interested in this. I'm sorry if the last chapter was so bad, but I wasn't having a good day and that was the best I could come up with. I'm also thinking that maybe making Harmony nicer wasn't the best thing to do. I have a feeling you all liked it better when she was a bitch. I admit that I did, too, but it would have been really annoying for me to keep her like that. She would have kept getting in the way of the Spuffy and I thought people would have been happier if I got her out of the way. Oh well, nothing can be done about it now. I still like where I'm going with this and I don't plan on quitting anytime soon. Until I really have no more ideas. Don't forget to comment on this chapter, it's another one that I'm not really sure about. Thanks to those that always review me. Your comments are much appreciated=)