Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 19

Buffy entered the house that night after Spike dropped her off, not able to keep the smile off of her face. She had so much fun riding a horse again. She always felt so free when she was riding. Buffy walked into the living room and stopped suddenly at the sight in front of her.

“What’s going on?”

Dawn pulled away with a start. “I didn’t think you would come home until later.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “That doesn’t mean you’re allowed to make out with your boyfriend on the couch. Where’s Mom? You’re not supposed to be alone with a guy in the house.”

Dawn rolled her eyes as well. “Mom had to go to the gallery. You worry too much; it’s not like we were really doing anything.”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest and looked at the boy next to Dawn, who had yet to say anything. “I think you should go home now, Connor.”

He nodded and got off of the couch, heading to the front door. He trailed his eyes over Buffy’s body when he passed her. “Nice outfit, Buffy. You look hot,” he told her with a smile.

Buffy was trying not to laugh. “Get out of here, you little perv.”

Dawn then stood up and marched over to him. “I can’t believe you were hitting on my sister right in front of me.”

Connor shrugged. “I was only giving her a compliment. You need to lighten up sometimes, babe. Are you pmsing again?”

Dawn was outraged. “I can’t believe you just said that to me. God, you’re such a jerk.”

Connor grinned and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. “Love you, too. I’ll call you tomorrow,” he claimed, opening the door and walking out of the house.

“Yeah, you better!” she called after him, then shut the door.

Buffy laughed and headed upstairs. Dawn has been seeing Connor for about two years now, but they’ve practically known each other since they were in diapers. They would constantly have stupid arguments, but Buffy knew they really loved each other. She always thought of Connor as a brother, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t a perv at times. Boys will be boys, after all. Buffy got to her room and closed the door. She would just be grateful to have some peace and quiet, or so she thought. Buffy squealed when someone grabbed her from behind and turned her around. She was ready to yell at Spike for scaring her, until his lips found hers in a passionate kiss. She pulled away and tried to look mad at him. “What are you doing in here?”

He shrugged and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “I came in through the window. Didn’t feel like going home just yet.”

“You know, you’re really not supposed to be in here. My mom could come home any minute now,” she said and knew that her mother probably wouldn’t be home for a few more hours.

“She’ll never have to know,” he replied and started to trail kisses down her neck.

Buffy moaned and tried to stay focused on the conversation. “Dawn’s still here,” she stated softly.

Spike didn’t pull away as he answered her. “We can be very quiet,” he whispered in her ear.

Buffy knew that she was lost.

Spike picked her up and moved over to her bed.


* * * * *


Harmony walked into the house and took her coat off. She was hanging at the mall again and it was extremely crazy around this time of year, Christmas only being a few weeks away. She then headed upstairs to find Dawn outside Buffy’s room.

“What are you doing?”

Dawn turned to look at her. “Buffy’s in there with Spike. It’s pretty obvious what they’re doing. I can’t believe she complained about me being alone with Connor and she has him in her room.”

Harmony smiled and moved over to Buffy’s door. She heard the moans going on inside. “I have never been more proud of her.”

Dawn rolled her eyes, when they both suddenly heard the front door open.

“Crap, Mom’s home. We have to get him out of there.”

Harmony nodded. “Yeah, you handle that. I’ll go stall.”

Dawn watched her sister go back downstairs, then knocked on Buffy’s door. “I hate to interrupt the sexfest, but Mom’s home early,” she said, trying not to be so loud. She then heard shuffling going on inside the room and opened the door a few seconds later to find that it was unlocked. It looked like Buffy and Spike just finished putting their clothes back on. She was just relieved to not see anything that would possibly scar her for life.

“Where is she?” Buffy wondered.

“Harmony’s gonna stall, but I don’t know how good she is at that. You need to get him out of here.”

Buffy nodded and turned back to Spike. “Okay, out you go.” She pushed him over to the window. “Be careful going down. I don’t want a broken boyfriend.”

Spike smiled and gave her a kiss on the lips, then climbed down the tree outside her window and took off running once he reached the ground.

Buffy glanced back at Dawn. “Thank you,” she claimed.

Dawn nodded. “You so owe me. At least I wasn’t having sex with Connor.”

Buffy didn’t get a chance to respond as Joyce then made her presence known in the doorway.

“What are you two up to? It looked like Harmony was trying to keep me from something.”

They both exchanged looks and didn’t know what to say.

“We were wrapping your Christmas present. We didn’t want you to see what it was,” Dawn suddenly said.

Buffy nodded in agreement.

Joyce looked at both of her daughters and wasn’t sure if she believed them, but nodded anyway. “All right, you should get ready for bed,” she told them before walking away.

They let out a sigh of relief.

Harmony then came into the room. “That was a close one.”

Buffy couldn’t believe what just happened. She never planned on sleeping with Spike in her room. She didn’t seem to have any control when he was around. She couldn’t help thinking that she forgot about something, though. Harmony and Dawn were talking about stuff that Buffy was tuning out at the moment. Her eyes widened when she realized what it was that she forgot. “Oh god,” she gasped out.

Harmony and Dawn stopped talking to look at her.

“What’s wrong?” Dawn asked, worried by the expression on her sister’s face.

Buffy stared at both of them and took a deep breath before she spoke again. “We forgot to use a condom.”

“Oh, well I’m sure it’ll be fine. It’s probably nothing to worry about,” Dawn commented to try and make Buffy feel better.

Harmony silently agreed, not sure what to say to that.

“Yeah, you’re probably right,” Buffy replied with a forced smile, which faded when both of her sisters left the room. Her mother talked about her going on the pill and it sounded like a really good idea right about now. She really hoped there was nothing to worry about.