Author's Chapter Notes:
I guess I should have mentioned that Faith doesn't have a British accent here. I can't really picture that. Let's just say that she was still born in Boston and moved to England when she was younger and never picked up the accent. Okay, you guys really didn't have to worry about her. I will admit that I didn't exactly make Spike look very good in this chapter, but we still love him. I just thought it would be funny, but maybe that's just me. More at the bottom=)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 23

“Thanks for letting me stay here, Giles.”

He smiled. “Of course, you’re always welcome. I know William is very happy to see you again.”

Faith returned his smile and waited for Spike to come back. She never realized how much she missed her old best friend. Things haven’t been the same without him. They have been close since they were kids and Spike was always there for her. They started going out when they were older and he was her first real love, but it never would have worked out. She was brought out of her thoughts when the back door opened and Spike finally walked in. He was followed by a blonde girl that Faith didn’t recognize.

“Dad, make her stop. She keeps making Santa jokes,” he whined childishly.

Giles rolled his eyes.

“You’re such a baby,” Buffy told him.

He stuck his tongue out at her, which just proved her point.

She laughed and then stopped when she noticed the brunette sitting there. “Sorry, I didn’t know you had company.”

Spike smiled and introduced his two favorite girls. “Buffy, this is Faith. She was my girlfriend in England. Faith, this is Buffy. My current girlfriend.”

Buffy smiled at the dark haired girl. She didn’t plan on meeting another one of Spike’s ex-girlfriend’s, and this one was a lot different than Tara. She looked to be more his type, but wasn’t going to let that thought bother her. “It’s nice to meet you,” she said in a friendly tone.

Faith nodded. “Likewise, B,” she replied and took time to notice the petite blonde. She was definitely not someone Spike would have dated before, but maybe she would be good for him.


* * * * *


Buffy left about an hour later. She spent that time talking with Faith and getting to know her better.

It was late and Giles already headed up to bed.

Spike was talking with Faith in the guestroom, where she would be staying.

“So, you really like it here?” she wondered after a minute of silence.

“Yeah, this place has its moments.”

Faith nodded as a smirk formed on her lips. “You and Blondie pretty serious?”

Spike knew it was only a matter of time before she started asking about Buffy. “Yes, we’re pretty serious. I love her.”

Faith took on a look of surprise now. “I guess it is serious, then. Well, I’m happy for you. She seems pretty cool. Damn hot, too,” she responded with a wink.

Spike rolled his eyes. “Can you not hit on my girlfriend? There’s just something really wrong about that.”

Faith held up her hands. “I’m only saying that she’s hot.”

Spike sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. He loved Faith, but sometimes she was a bit much. “You know, I’m starting to wonder if something is wrong with me. My last two girlfriends both turned out to be lesbians. That just can’t be natural.”

Faith laughed and remembered him telling her about Tara last year. She loved to tease him about being the only guy she knew that could turn two girls against the opposite sex, but it was obviously a sensitive subject for him. It was still funny, though. “It could only happen to you, Will.”

He rolled his eyes again. She was the only one that ever got away with calling him that.

“I wonder if Buffy is really gay and just doesn’t know it yet.”

Spike then grabbed a pillow off of the bed and hit her with it.

She only burst into laughter.

“Don’t even joke about that.”

Faith calmed down long enough to answer him. “I couldn’t resist. Don’t worry, I can tell she’s straight. It’s obvious with the way she looks at you, like you’re the only guy in the world. It’s enough to make me wanna hurl.” This time, she was able to dodge the pillow.


* * * * *


“It’s not funny,” he said and waited for the laughter to stop.

Buffy cleared her throat. “Sorry, you’re right. I just can’t believe that happened to you twice,” she commented, then started to laugh again.

“I don’t even know why I told you,” he mumbled.

Buffy then felt bad and wrapped her arms around him. “I’m sorry, Spike. I’m just relieved that I don’t have to be jealous of Faith. I know how important she is to you.”

Spike placed a quick kiss on her lips. “You definitely don’t have to be jealous. Even if she wasn’t into women, things wouldn’t have worked out with us. She’s too much like a sister.”

Buffy nodded and then had an idea. “You should invite Tara to come to the Bronze with us tonight. I would like to see her again.”

Spike raised his eyebrows. “You’re not planning on setting her up with Faith, are you?”

Buffy shrugged and moved away from him. “It’s just an idea, but I get how weird that would be for you.”

He shook his head. “No, I actually think that might work. They could both use someone right now.”

Buffy smiled and was glad that he liked her idea. “So, you’ll call her?”

Spike nodded. “I’ll call her, but it might be difficult to get her away from those horses. She sometimes prefers them over people.”

Buffy nodded as well. She could definitely understand that.

“I should get home before Faith eats all of the food in the house,” he said and gave her a kiss on the cheek, then walked out the back door.

Buffy watched him go and was about to head upstairs, but there was a sudden knock on the front door. She sighed and went to answer it, then was greeted by an energized red head.

“You are never going to believe what happened,” she claimed and barged into the house. “I just had to come over here and tell you. I could have called, but this deserved to be said in person.”

Buffy grabbed Willow’s shoulders to stop her rambling. “Will, just tell me what it is.”

Willow tried to calm herself by taking deep breaths. “Oz asked me out. I didn’t even think that he noticed me, but he actually called and asked me out. I don’t know how he got my number, but I don’t even care. I told him to meet me at the Bronze tonight. This is so cool, Buffy. I never thought this could happen to me. I’m never the girl that guys notice.”

Buffy had to smile at her friend’s excitement. “I’m really happy for you. He seems like a nice guy. Not much for talking, but that could be a good thing.”

Willow nodded in agreement. “I have to get ready. See you tonight,” she stated, then ran out of the house.

Another smile lit up Buffy’s face. It would be great if Willow found someone. She had a feeling that things would work out for her friend.


* * * * *


I just wanted to say sorry for those that wanted Willow and Tara together. There was nothing in this that said Willow was gay and I always thought she was cute with Oz. Not that I don't love her with Tara as well. I seem to have this habit of putting Tara and Faith together, I didn't even realize it. I guess I just really think that could work, but I might be the only one. It just seems cute to me. Thanks for the reviews, hope you guys liked the chapter=)