Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 24

Spike was at the Bronze and watched the two girls talk in the distance. He smiled when Buffy sat down next to him.

“So, things seem to be going well over there.”

Spike agreed and continued to watch them interact with each other. He thought it would feel weird to see both of his ex-girlfriends getting along so well, but it really didn’t. He was just happy that they liked each other.

They’ve been talking for about twenty minutes and even got some dancing in. Faith’s dancing was a bit different than Tara’s, but Faith was willing to teach her some moves. They caused a group of guys to form around them, but the girls only had eyes for each other.

Buffy’s attention moved to another area on the dance floor and a smile graced her lips. Willow and Oz also seemed to be getting along pretty well. Willow was laughing at something he said and her whole face lit up. Buffy couldn’t remember ever seeing her friend so happy before. She was glad that everyone was paired up.

Spike finally looked at Buffy after a few minutes. “Would you like to dance?” he wondered.

She nodded and let him lead her to the dance floor.

They wrapped their arms around each other and started to move to the slow song that was now playing.

Buffy glanced around to see all of the couples doing the same thing, some a little closer than others. She smiled and rested her head on Spike’s shoulder. She never thought that any of this would ever happen to her. She had an amazing boyfriend that she loved, and that actually loved her back. Things couldn’t possibly get any better than that.


* * * * *


“God, Spike. That feels so good. Right there, don’t stop,” she moaned out.

Spike continued to massage her shoulders. “You like that?” he whispered in her ear, which sent shivers down her spine.

“Yes, go a little lower.”

He was happy to oblige.

They were at his house because Giles had to go out of town again.

Buffy couldn’t get any privacy at her house.

He started to place soft kisses on her neck and ran his fingers all over her body.

Buffy giggled when he tickled her stomach. That was always her weakness. She was never able to keep a secret when she was younger. All anyone had to do was tickle her and she would spill her guts.

Spike then wrapped his arms around her and pulled her down on his bed.

Buffy traced her fingers over his chest. “So, what do you want for Christmas?” she asked suddenly.

“I don’t need anything. I have everything I want right here,” he told her, planting a kiss on her cheek.

“Well, I should get you something.”

Spike nodded and ran his fingers through her hair. “I’m sure I’ll love whatever you decide to get.”

Buffy pressed a kiss to his lips. “Are you working at the mall this weekend?”

He nodded again. “I only have to on Saturday, but I’m all yours after that.”

She smiled and rested her head against his chest.

“I talked to Faith earlier today. She called me from the farm. It looks like the two of them really hit it off. She was even talking about staying there for a little while. That’s a relief; the bloody bint ate all of my hot pockets,” he said with a pout.

Buffy laughed. “Aww, you poor thing. You know you’re gonna miss her.”

Spike shrugged. “Maybe a little, but I’ll get more shower time now. She takes forever on just her hair. I don’t think I ever want to live with a woman again. It’s a bloody nightmare.”

Buffy knew the conversation was about to take a serious turn. “What about when we decide to live together?” she wondered softly.

Spike stared down at her. He raised her head, so she was looking at him. “You think about that?”

Buffy felt her cheeks heat up under his gaze, but she figured they needed to have this conversation. “I think about the future. I’m not saying anything has to happen right now, but I do hope that we would live together one day. Does that freak you out?”

Spike only gave her a soft smile and shook his head. “No, it doesn’t freak me out. I think about that, too.”

Buffy sighed in relief and rested her head back on his chest. She spoke again after a few seconds of silence. “I should really be studying for my test.”

Spike held her tighter. “I have more important studying for you to do,” he said huskily, then kissed her passionately on the lips.

All thoughts of studying went out of her head after that.


* * * * *


Buffy walked into school a little late the next day. She hoped the fifteen minutes of studying that she actually did would be enough. She would usually always get good grades, anyway. Buffy headed to her locker and smiled when she saw Willow there. She was talking with Oz and he walked away, leaving a big smile on her friend’s face.

“That must have been a really good conversation.”

Willow smiled even bigger. “He’s so great, Buffy. We’re going out this weekend, just the two of us. It would be my first official date. Yep, I’m dating now.”

Buffy laughed and opened her locker. “I’m really happy for you.” She stopped when she noticed a rose inside, attached with a note. She took it out and read the short message. I’m always thinking about you. She smiled and showed it to Willow.

“That was sweet of Spike.”

Buffy agreed and started to get the books that she would need for the day. The note wasn’t signed, but Spike was the only person it could have been from. She wondered when he managed to come to the school to leave it in her locker. Buffy didn’t worry about that and just thought about the sweet gesture. She would have to thank him later. She closed her locker and then walked to class with Willow, not knowing that she was being watched.