Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 28

“So, what did the principal say?” Spike asked Buffy when she left the office the next day.

“He said that he would talk to Warren’s parents. He didn’t even show up to school today. I guess you really didn’t need to come with me.”

Spike shrugged and walked with her to class. “I still don’t mind it.”

Buffy stopped suddenly to look at him. “Spike, I’ll be fine the rest of the day. You should get back to the college.” She held her hand up when it looked like he was going to argue with her. “I’ll be fine. Not that I don’t love having you here, but I really don’t need a babysitter.”

“I would prefer bodyguard,” he said with a pout.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “I’ll see you when I get home. Love you,” she said, giving him a kiss on the cheek and walking away.

Spike sighed and watched her go. He knew that she could probably take care of herself, but he would always worry about her.


* * * * *


“You are never going to believe this,” Buffy said to Spike when she got home from school. She went straight to his house and was now sitting on his bed. “I talked to Principal Wood after school and he told me some interesting things about Warren. It looks like I won’t even have to worry about him anymore. His parents took him out of school. Apparently, Warren has been having a lot of problems. He did the same thing to another girl in his last school. He would follow her around and send her creepy notes. It got so bad that she filed a restraining order against him. His parents then relocated here and Warren swore that he was all better, but it looks like he needs some mental help. They heard of a special clinic in Los Angeles and they decided to move there. It makes you wonder how many schools he’s actually been to.”

Spike nodded as he took everything in. This bloke really did sound crazy. He was just glad that Buffy didn’t get really hurt. “Well, at least that’s taken care of.”

Buffy nodded in agreement. “Tell me about it, I don’t think I’ve ever been so relieved. I’m just happy that I get to enjoy Christmas now and not be worried about this anymore. It will be a story to tell the grandkids, though,” she said with a smile.

Spike couldn’t resist smiling with her. He loved that Buffy thought about things like that. He already knew that she was the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.


* * * * *


“Come on, you won’t even give him a chance?” she said later that day to a very stubborn Harmony.

“Okay, it’s really pathetic when my little sister has to set me up. I’m not interested, end of story.”

Buffy wasn’t about to give up. “He’s a really nice guy and you could use someone like that. You always date losers, no offense. I’m only looking out for you here.”

Harmony raised her eyebrows.

“I know how crazy it sounds, but that doesn’t make it any less true. Could you at least meet him and go on one date? If you don’t like him, then I won’t bother you again. You did sort of already meet him, so there shouldn’t be any pressure,” she mentioned and hoped that she was getting through to her older sister.

“When did I meet him?” Harmony wondered.

“You didn’t really meet, but you saw him once. His name’s Riley, he was the guy that brought me home yesterday.”

Harmony thought about it, then realized who Buffy was referring to. “Oh, I guess he is kinda cute. Not really my type, though.”

Buffy sighed. “That’s the point. Will you at least give him a chance?”

Harmony was about to respond, when Spike suddenly walked into the room and picked Buffy up.

He threw her over his shoulder.

She let out a squeal in surprise.

“I’m just going to borrow her,” he told Harmony and left the room with Buffy, who was now banging her tiny fists against his back.

“Spike, put me down! What are you doing?”

He finally put her down once they reached her room. “I was getting you out of there. We talked about this, Buffy. What did I tell you about the matchmaking?”

Buffy rolled her eyes and felt another lecture coming on. “You told me to just let things happen on their own and to not get involved, but things aren’t going to happen if I don’t give it a push in the right direction. I was only trying to help.”

Spike ran his fingers through his hair. “I know you were and I love you for that, but you have to let them make their own decisions. If Harmony isn’t interested, then you can’t force her be. That’s just how things are.”

Buffy pouted. “I just want everyone to be happy, especially around Christmas.”

Spike wrapped his arms around her. “I know you do, love. You have such a huge heart, but you just have to trust me. These things have a way of working themselves out, okay?” He felt her nod against his chest and figured that was the best he would get from her. “Like our other match. I talked to Faith; she’s planning on moving out of England to be closer to Tara. I never thought that girl would ever leave London, but it looks like she was finally motivated to do so. Ain’t love grand?”

Buffy laughed and pulled away to look at Spike. “This is good, right?”

Spike nodded and placed a kiss on her forehead. “It’s very good. They’re both happy and that’s all I’ve ever wanted. It’s even better if I don’t have to witness Faith hitting on you again.”

Buffy raised her eyebrows and clearly didn’t know about that.

Spike decided to clarify for her. “Basically, she thinks you’re hot. I caught her checking out your ass once and I smacked her in the head for that. I’m the only one that gets to look.”

Buffy was surprised and actually felt pretty flattered by the attention. Not that being a lesbian was anything that she would pursue, but she could still have some fun with Spike. “You know, Faith is pretty attractive. I’ve actually thought about crossing over a few times myself,” she told him with a smile.

Spike groaned. “Oh, bloody hell. If that happens to me a third time, I’m jumping off a cliff.”

Buffy laughed and wrapped her arms around his waist. “I would be very upset if you did that. I was just having some fun with you. No worries, I love men way too much.” She laughed harder when he started to tickle her.

“I better be the only man, Goldilocks.”

Buffy was finding it hard to breathe through the laughter.

“Say it, Buffy. Say I’m the only man you would ever love.”

She tried to talk as his hands continued to attack her. “Okay, I give. You’re the only man I would ever love.”

Spike stopped his torture. “Now, was that so hard?”

Buffy shook her head and walked out of the room, then turned to Spike one more time. “Oh, except for Will Smith. That is one sexy man.” She laughed again when Spike chased her down the stairs. She could definitely get used to this.