Author's Chapter Notes:
I wanted this chapter to be in yesterday, but that didn’t really work out. So, here it is for your belated Christmas pleasure. I hope everyone had a great holiday=)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 29

It was finally Christmas morning and everyone was gathered at the Summers house, including Giles and Spike. They all decided to get together for the holiday. They were practically family, after all.

Dawn always felt like a little kid again when it was Christmas. She would always be the first one up, making sure to wake everyone else up in the process. She was even more excited this year because Spike and Giles both got her a puppy.

Joyce assured them that it would be okay.

Dawn promised not to let anything happen to this one. She decided to name the puppy Amber because of her coloring.

Everyone was happy with all the presents that they received and then went their separate ways, until it was time for Christmas dinner.

Buffy and Spike were sitting in her room. They wanted to exchange their gifts in private.

“I know it’s not much, but I hope you like it,” he said and handed her a small box, with a red ribbon around it.

Buffy smiled and took it from him, positive that she would like anything from him. She opened the box and pulled out the charm bracelet that was inside.

“I remember you saying that you always wanted one. I even put two charms on it for you to start out with.”

Buffy noticed that the two charms were of a horse and a pair of ice skates. Besides horseback riding, she also used to love to skate when she was little. Buffy looked up at Spike. “Thank you, it’s really beautiful.”

“You really like it?” he asked to make sure.

Buffy only nodded and kissed him on the cheek. “I love it.” She put the bracelet on and gave him another kiss, this time on the lips.

He let out a sigh of relief.

She then went over to her closet to get his present.

Spike wondered what she could have possibly gotten him. His jaw dropped when he saw what it was. “Bloody hell, Buffy,” he said in awe, getting up and moving over to her.

“You like it?”

He nodded and could hardly form any thoughts at the moment. She was holding a framed poster of Billy Idol that was autographed. They were very rare and pretty expensive. “It’s amazing, pet. How did you afford this?”

Buffy shrugged. “I had some money saved up. I also sold Warren’s necklace.”

Spike smiled. “Thanks, love. This is really great,” he claimed and took the poster from her, still not believing that she would get him something like that.

Buffy knew that he was a huge fan of Billy Idol. It was meeting the rockstar at a concert years ago that inspired Spike’s look. “So, was it a good Christmas?”

Spike wrapped his arms around her, placing a kiss on the top of her head. “Best Christmas,” he commented.

She had to agree.


* * * * *


“Who knew you had such good taste, kid?” Harmony stated and continued to stare at herself in the mirror. She was wearing the new sweater that Dawn got for her.

“I’m not a kid; I just saw it and thought of you. I kinda felt bad for ruining your other one,” Dawn replied and still found it hard to believe that she was saying this to Harmony. Things really have changed between them.

Harmony nodded. “Well, it’s pretty cool.” She finally turned away from her reflection to look at her sister. “Thanks, you’re really not so bad.”

Dawn shrugged and let a small smile grace her lips. “Yeah, I guess you’re not so bad either. You know, when you’re not talking.”

Harmony rolled her eyes, but there was a hint of a smile on her face as well.


* * * * *


“Spike, we really should get downstairs now,” Buffy panted.

Spike kept trailing kisses down her neck. “We can be a little late.”

“We shouldn’t be doing this with our family here.”

Spike shrugged and pulled away to look at her. “I’ll keep quiet if you will,” he said with a smirk.

Buffy rolled her eyes and gave in. “Okay, but not in front of Billy.”

Spike turned to see that the poster was by the bed and staring right at them. He got up and moved the poster, so it was facing the other direction. He then grinned and crawled back to Buffy. “Now, where were we?”

She laughed as he pounced on her.


* * * * *


“I wonder what is taking them so long,” Joyce commented as everyone else was gathered at the table.

Dawn and Harmony exchanged looks with each other. They both had a feeling about what the two blonde’s were up to, but they weren’t about to say anything.

“I’m sure they will be coming soon,” Giles replied.

Dawn snickered at that.

Harmony kicked her lightly under the table, also trying to keep her laughter in. She was surprised at the dirty mind her little sister had.

Dawn agreed. “Yeah, I’m sure they will. I give them at least five more minutes.”

Harmony rolled her eyes. “Please, it’ll probably be closer to ten.”

Dawn tried not to laugh again.

Joyce and Giles just stared at them in confusion.


* * * * *


“Okay, we really have to get downstairs now. They’re probably wondering what’s taking us so long,” Buffy said as she got dressed.

Spike did the same. “I’m sure your sisters know exactly what we were doing,” he told her with that irritating, and very sexy smirk again.

“Right, we really need to get down there.” She headed to the door, only to be stopped by Spike grabbing her arm.

“You might want to do something about your hair, pet. Not that I don’t love it like that, but you look like a woman that was just royally shagged.”

Buffy realized that he was right when she caught her reflection in the mirror. She brushed her hair as fast as she could, then just decided to put it up in a pony tail. She grabbed his hand and headed downstairs to join the rest of their family.


* * * * *


“Ha, ten minutes exactly. Pay up, sister,” Harmony said, holding her hand out.

Dawn groaned and gave her the five dollars.

She smiled and shoved it in her pocket.

Buffy glared at both of her sisters and sat down.

Spike sat down across from her.

“Sorry about the wait. Spike was helping me find something.”

Dawn placed her hand over her mouth and started to giggle again.

Buffy then kicked Dawn under the table, or who she thought was Dawn.

“Ow, bloody hell. Warn a bloke before you do that,” Spike complained as he rubbed his leg.

“Sorry,” she replied with a shrug.

He realized that she didn’t look all that sorry.

Joyce and Giles both rolled their eyes at their children’s behavior. They decided to ignore it and just enjoyed a delicious Christmas dinner together.