Author's Chapter Notes:
At the bottom.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 31

“She’s so perfect,” Buffy commented, stroking Drusilla’s mane.

Spike kept his promise and they decided to visit the horse the next day.

Tara and Faith were happy to have them over for the weekend.

Drusilla already took a liking to Buffy, and Spike knew that she would be the perfect choice for his girl.

“I’m going to take her riding, Spike. I should be back soon.”

He nodded and helped her onto the horse. “Be careful, love.”

She bent down to place a kiss on his lips.

Spike made sure that she didn’t fall.

“I’m always careful,” she said with a wink, then took off with Drusilla.

Spike had a smile on his face as he watched her go. She always looked amazing when she was riding.

“Hey, bleach boy? Take a picture, it’ll last longer.”

He was broken out of his reverie by Faith. “I just wanted to make sure that she was okay.”

Faith rolled her eyes. “Blondie can handle herself. She’s real good when it comes to horses, which is more than I can say for myself.”

Spike raised his eyebrows. “You actually rode a horse? You actually survived riding a horse?”

Faith slapped him on the arm. “Give me some credit, I do live here now. Besides, Tara wanted me to give it a try. Won’t be doing that again anytime soon, it’s really not my thing.”

Spike gave her a smile. “So, how many times did you fall off?”

Faith sighed and knew that she couldn’t get anything by him. He knew her way too well. “I fell twice, okay? Are you satisfied now?”

Spike felt guilty. “Did you get hurt?”

She scoffed. “Please, I’m a hard ass. You should know that better than anyone.”

He rolled his eyes. “Your hard ass needs to get back in the house. I’m trying to concentrate on Buffy here.”

Faith figured that would be the perfect opportunity to make him uncomfortable again. “Yeah, I don’t blame you. I wouldn’t mind concentrating on her either,” she responded, licking her lips.

Spike groaned in irritation. “Bloody hell, can you stop hitting on my girlfriend? You have your own now.”

Faith held up her hands in surrender. “Just yanking your chain, man. Don’t worry, she’s all yours.”

He rolled his eyes for what felt like the millionth time and turned away from her.

Faith then slapped him on the ass.

Spike jumped in surprise.

She smiled and headed back into the house.

Spike let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his hair. “That bint is going to be the bloody death of me,” he said to himself, then continued to wait for Buffy to return. It was almost dark and there was still no sign of her. He was starting to get worried and couldn’t wait anymore. He headed to the stables and decided to borrow one of Tara’s horses, figuring that she wouldn’t mind. Spike chose Lightning because he knew that was a horse he could handle, then mounted the stallion and took off in the direction Buffy went.


* * * * *


He found Buffy sitting on the edge of a cliff; Drusilla tied up to a nearby tree. Spike got off of Lightning and tied him up as well. He then went to join Buffy, who didn’t even look up at him.

“It’s so beautiful here,” she whispered.

Spike sat down next to her. “Are you okay, love? You had me worried when you didn’t come back.”

She finally turned to look at him. “Sorry about that, I guess I was finding it hard to leave. The sun was setting and it looked so amazing from up here.”

Spike agreed and grasped her hand, giving it a tight squeeze.

Buffy locked her gaze with his.

Spike was confused by the expression on her face. He couldn’t remember ever seeing her so serious.

Buffy softly caressed his cheek.

He felt his eyes close at her touch.

“Do you know how much I love you?” she said after a few seconds.

He opened his eyes to stare at her. “I think I have some idea.”

Buffy took a deep breath before she spoke again. “This is all new to me. I don’t even think I’m good with the words, but I’m willing to try. I love you so much, Spike. More than I ever thought I could love anyone. I’m so grateful to have you in my life. I don’t even want to think about a life without you in it. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I just wanted you to know that. Everything you’ve done for me, it’s more than I could ever ask for.”

Spike was starting to tear up at her declaration. No woman had ever made him feel so loved before. He pulled her closer and wrapped his arms around her, pressing light kisses all over her face. “I love you, Buffy. I always will, nothing can ever change that. You’re my whole world, sweetheart. My everything and I’ll spend the rest of my life making you happy. I already don’t know how to do anything else. This is it for me, Buffy. There will never be anyone else. Do you feel that, too?”

Buffy started to tear up herself. “Yes, my heart will always belong to you,” she responded and grabbed his hand, placing it over her heart.

He smiled and did the same.

The tears were falling freely down her face now. “I didn’t mean to get so mushy on you,” she commented, wiping at her eyes.

Spike shook his head. “You don’t ever have to apologize for that. You weren’t the only one,” he claimed, then continued to hold her for what felt like forever.

They both knew that they should probably head back before it was completely dark, so they mounted both of their horses and rode off into the night.


* * * * *


Yes, major fluffiness indeed. You guys should enjoy it while it lasts. I honestly don't know how long this story is going to be. So far it's my longest one yet and I'm pretty proud of that. Thanks to everyone for the reviews. I'm glad you guys like that I named the horse Drusilla. That was just the first name that popped into my head. Happy New Year=)