Author's Chapter Notes:
I thought getting 200 reviews in here was a shock, I'm really surprised to have reached 300. That would be the first time ever for me, even though they have gone downhill a bit. It's still the best I've ever done and I'm pretty grateful for that. Thank you to those that always review me. I couldn't have done it without you. Now I'm hoping you guys won't hate me for this chapter. I did need me some drama after all, but I promise not to make it that bad. Just keep in mind that I’m all about the happy endings. I still have no idea how much longer this story is gonna be, but I’m thinking it might not be that much longer. I think I’m finally starting to get out of ideas. Anyway, I really hope you guys like this chapter. I'm a little nervous about it, so any reviews would be of the good. I hope everyone has a good and safe New Year's=)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 32

“I’m pregnant.”

Spike stared at Buffy in shock. “You’re what?”

She just gave him a smile. “Kidding, I was hoping that would get some reaction out of you. What’s wrong, Spike? You’ve been all spacey since we got back from visiting Tara and Faith. Did something happen that I don’t know about?”

Spike shook his head. “There’s nothing wrong, I’ve just been thinking about some things lately.”

“What things? Hopefully not another girl.”

Spike smiled and planted a kiss on the tip of her nose. “You never have to worry about that. So, are we alone in the house? It’s been pretty quiet,” he said with a smirk.

Buffy figured he just wanted to change the subject. “I think Harmony’s downstairs with Riley. I know I’m mainly responsible for them being together, but they’re so gross sometimes. I already walked in on them once, and I’m still hoping to get that visual out of my head.”

Spike laughed and wrapped his arms around her. “I have ways of taking your mind off of it,” he said and kissed her firmly on the lips.

She pushed him away after a few seconds. “As tempting as that is, I really have to study. My mom freaked when I got a C on my last test. She thinks you’re starting to corrupt me.”

Spike knew that Buffy never got anything lower than a B+ in school. They had been spending a lot of time together. He probably should have taken it more seriously when she said that she needed to study. “Right, I should let you get to that then. Anything you need help with?”

She shook her head and looked through her books. “Not if I actually want to pass.”

Spike rolled his eyes. “Ha bloody ha, I was always good in school.”

Buffy nodded and glanced back at him. “Of course you were. You passed lunch with flying colors.” She laughed when he grabbed her and threw her on the bed.

“I’ll show you just how good I am,” he commented, then got on top of her and attacked her mouth in a hard kiss. He slipped his hand under her shirt and started to caress the smooth skin that he found there.

Buffy shivered and pulled away to take a deep breath. “Spike, I really need to study.”

He nodded and lay beside her, running his hand over her stomach. “You know, it wasn’t right of you to say that you were pregnant. You got my hopes up and everything.”

Buffy wasn’t expecting that. “You actually wanted me to be pregnant?”

Spike shrugged and looked away from her. “I’m not saying it’s something I want now. Definitely not when we’re both still in school, but I do want that. I always dream about having everything with you, Buffy. The house with the white, picket fence and maybe two or three kids. We can get a big enough yard for Drusilla to run around in, and maybe get a dog or cat for the little ones,” he said all of this with his head down and when he glanced back up at her, she had tears in her eyes. Spike hoped that he didn’t say anything wrong.

“You really think about that?”

He nodded again. “What we have is forever, love. I just need to know if that’s something you would want.”

Buffy wiped her eyes and nodded as well. “I want everything you just said, when we’re both old enough to handle it. I just hope you won’t get sick of me before then,” she told him, letting some of her insecurities shine through.

Spike shook his head and gave her a peck on the lips. “Never going to happen.”

She could tell how sincere he was. “Well, we have our whole lives to think about that. We don’t have to rush into anything.”

Spike agreed, then lay back in her bed and stared up at the ceiling.

Buffy smiled and finally got some studying done.


* * * * *


“Do you know what that movie was about?”

Spike shook his head. “I haven’t got a bloody clue, but I don’t think there was any food involved.”

Buffy laughed and grasped his hand.

They left the theater and headed to the Bronze.

“I think we should probably pay attention next time.”

Spike grinned. “I liked watching you instead.”

Buffy blushed and didn’t think that she would ever get used to his endearments.

They finally made it to the Bronze, where they were supposed to be meeting their friends.

He had other ideas and decided to pull her over to the alley behind the club.

“Spike, we should get inside. They’ll be wondering what’s taking us so long.”

He shrugged and pushed her gently against the wall. “I’m sure they’ll figure it out. I want at least five minutes alone with you before we deal with the group,” he said and started to leave light kisses on her neck.

She suddenly forgot what they were talking about. Oh well, five minutes wouldn’t hurt.


* * * * *


Willow glanced down at her watch. “I wonder what’s taking Buffy and Spike so long. The movie should have been over by now.”

Anya was the first one to make a comment. “They’re probably having orgasms. I hope Buffy put that book to use.”

Willow rolled her eyes.

The others just ignored Anya. They were pretty much used to her bluntness by now.


* * * * *


Spike and Buffy tried to fix themselves up before they walked into the Bronze. They were about to head out of the alley, when another man stopped them.

“Give me all your money,” he said shakily.

Spike held his hand up; making sure that Buffy was safely behind him. “We don’t have anything on us, mate. We don’t want any trouble.”

The man wouldn’t listen. “I think you already found it,” he stated and pulled a gun out of his pocket, aiming the weapon at them.

Buffy felt really scared and held on to Spike, who was trying to reason with him.

“All right, just calm down. You don’t really want to do this. Just give me the gun and no one has to know.”

The man looked like he didn’t know what to do, but he really needed money. “I’m not afraid to use this,” he said, his eyes landing on Buffy.

She felt uncomfortable under his stare.

“That’s a nice necklace your girl has there.”

Buffy touched the cross necklace that her mother gave her and really didn’t want to part with it, but she would if it meant getting out of there unharmed.

The man didn’t wait for a response and went to grab Buffy.

Spike then shoved him away from her.

His finger slipped on the trigger and the gun went off.

Spike grabbed Buffy and pulled her to the ground.

The man realized what happened and took off in the other direction.

Spike sighed in relief once he was gone. “It’s okay now, pet. That was a close one,” he said and pulled away, only to notice the blood stain on his shirt. He touched the blood and realized that it wasn’t his. He looked at Buffy lying there and saw the gunshot wound in her abdomen. Spike panicked when he saw that her eyes were closed. He felt for a pulse and was relieved when he found one, but it was pretty weak. “Buffy? Baby, talk to me. You have to wake up.” He tried to get through to her, but she wouldn’t open her eyes. He didn’t know what else to do, then remembered that he had his cell phone with him. He pulled it out of his pocket and quickly dialed 911. He explained what happened to the woman that answered and told them to hurry with an ambulance. Spike hung up when they said they were on their way. He stared at Buffy and tried to stop the bleeding as much as he could. “The ambulance is coming, love. You’re going to be fine. You have to be,” he whispered the last part, then rested his head against hers. He just hoped they got there soon. Spike didn’t think she could hold on much longer, and that was a thought that terrified him more than anything else.