Author's Chapter Notes:
I just wanted to say that some time has passed since the last chapter. I had to get things moving. We’re almost to the end, anyway. Yeah, I think it’s finally time that I ended this story. I know it’s very sad, but I think I’ve done everything I needed to. It lasted a lot longer than I thought it would and I’m pretty proud that I managed to write one this long. I don't know when I would be able to put the next chapter in. It hasn’t been written yet because I’m not sure what to do, but I’ll try not to have you guys wait too long. I hope you like the chapter=)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 38

“Why did I have to wear a tux? This bloody thing itches.”

Giles rolled his eyes for the millionth time. “Would you quit complaining?”

Spike was about to respond, when Buffy’s name was finally called.

Everyone cheered as she walked on stage and took her diploma.

Spike stood up and whistled.

She smiled and waved at them, then blew Spike a kiss and walked off of the stage.

He smiled and sat back down.

Buffy was happy to finally be graduating. She didn’t have the best memories at that school and hoped her college experience would be a better one. She would be going to UC Sunnydale with Spike, who was in his junior year there.

Dawn just finished her junior year of high school and she couldn’t wait to be a senior.

Harmony realized that college wasn’t for her and moved to Los Angeles after her graduation. She was hoping to become an actress.

Riley chose to go to school there, so he could be closer to her.

Buffy smiled again when she saw her family and friends waiting for her after the ceremony. “I finally did it. Okay, someone hug me.”

Spike was the first one to step up and wrap his arms around her.

She laughed as he lifted her off of the ground a little.

“Congratulations, love,” he told her.

Joyce had tears in her eyes when she hugged Buffy. “I’m so proud of you, honey. I know you’re going to do great things.”

Buffy started to feel herself tear up as well. “I love you, Mom.”

Joyce kissed her cheek and pulled away to look at her daughter better. “I love you, too. Come on, we have a party to get to back home.”

Spike walked with Buffy, holding her hand in his. “So, how does it feel to finally be a high school graduate?”

Buffy flashed him a big smile. “It feels pretty damn good,” she commented, giving his hand a squeeze. “That suit looks sexy on you. Keep it for when we’re alone, I wanna be the one to take it off,” she told him with a smirk that made him proud.

“Vixen,” he responded and kissed her lips, then put his arm around her and headed to his car.


* * * * *


“Bloody hell, I don’t think I can move my legs,” Spike panted, gazing at Buffy lying next to him.

They were staying at a hotel for the night because they wanted to be alone.

“You may have crippled me, love.”

Buffy laughed and kissed his sweaty chest. “I think you’ll be fine. There’s plenty more where that came from,” she told him seductively.

Spike didn’t think that he would ever get used to this side of her, but he loved every second of it. “You’re going to bloody kill me here.”

She got on top of him and kissed his lips. “Yeah, but what a way to go.”

Spike grabbed her tighter and gave her a more passionate kiss, then softened the kiss and started to trail his lips down her neck. He sucked and licked at the smooth flesh that he found there. He would never get enough of her.

“God, Spike,” she moaned.

It just turned him on more. He had a feeling they wouldn’t be leaving the bed anytime soon.


* * * * *


They left the hotel room the next morning and were ready to check out.

Buffy stopped when she heard laughter a few doors down and knew that she recognized who it belonged to. She pulled Spike over to see if she was right and couldn’t believe the sight in front of her. “Dawn?” she said in shock.

Dawn stopped kissing her boyfriend when she was spotted. “Buffy, I didn’t know you would be here.”

Buffy looked at Dawn and then Connor, who was trying to avoid her gaze. It looked like he was about to leave, and Dawn was only wearing a sheet around her. It was obvious what they were doing and she didn’t know what to think about that. “What are you doing here?”

Dawn took a deep breath. “I told Mom that I was staying with a friend tonight, and then I met Connor here. It wasn’t planned or anything, it just kinda happened.”

Spike figured that he should let the sisters talk, so he grabbed Connor by the arm and pulled him away. “I want a word with you,” he told the boy, who now looked afraid.

Buffy turned back to Dawn once they were gone. “Get dressed; I can’t talk to you like that.”

Dawn nodded and went back into the room. She came out a few minutes later fully clothed, and they decided to go for a walk.

“You shouldn’t have lied to Mom. It’s just hard for me to believe that my little sister came to a hotel to have sex. I never would have expected this from you.”

Dawn rolled her eyes and figured she would get a lecture. “I told you it wasn’t planned. We both decided that we were ready. I mean, you’re really one to talk. You lost your virginity when you were younger than me, and Harmony was way younger than that. I don’t think I did anything wrong. We both knew what we were doing.”

Buffy nodded and tried to stay calm as she asked her next question. “Were you safe?”

Dawn stopped walking to look at her. “Of course we were. I’m not stupid, and Connor is clean before you say anything. He hasn’t been with anyone before me. We love each other, Buffy. I was ready and couldn’t imagine my first time being with anyone else. I think it’s amazing that Connor would wait for me. He never pressured me or anything. I know he can get on everyone’s nerves sometimes, but he’s a really good guy. He was so gentle with me and I don’t think I’ve ever felt so loved before. It’s kinda like what you have with Spike, except not as kinky. I’m sure you guys are hardly gentle at this point.” She laughed when Buffy shoved her.

“Hey, we are plenty gentle.”

Dawn grinned when she noticed something. “Right, would that happen to be handcuffs in your pocket?”

Buffy blushed and turned away from Dawn’s gaze. “Okay, shut up,” she mumbled.

They started to walk again.

“I don’t even wanna know. If you keep this a secret from Mom, I won’t tell her about that little detail.”

Buffy glared at her. “Fine, I won’t say anything. You’re so evil.”

Dawn gave her a big smile now. “Yeah, I know. That’s what makes me special.”

Buffy smiled in return and put her arm around her sister. “One of the many things,” she replied, then went in search of their boyfriends.