Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, I don't think I took that long to get this chapter in. I was dealing with writer's block and starting a new job that has taken up most of my time. I'm really sad to see this story go, I had a lot of fun writing it. I hope you guys like the chapter=)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 39

“Spike, what did you say to him? Connor has never been that quiet before,” Dawn stated as the three of them were headed for home.

“I didn’t say anything.”

She wasn’t convinced. “You threatened him, didn’t you?”

Buffy was trying not to laugh.

“I was only looking out for you, bit. We had a nice conversation and I told him that they would be finding his body for weeks if he ever hurt you.”

Dawn’s eyes bulged. “Spike!” she yelled in a high pitched voice that would have made anyone’s ears bleed. “Tell me you didn’t say that? You probably scared him away.”

Spike laughed and looked at a grinning Buffy. “Your sister is too bloody easy.”

Buffy nodded in agreement.

Dawn crossed her arms over her chest, figuring that she wouldn’t get anything else out of him.


* * * * *


Two months later...

“Are you sure?”

Buffy nodded. “Yeah, I’ve known for a week now. I couldn’t keep it a secret anymore,” she said and sat down on her bed.

Willow sat beside her. “When are you going to tell Spike?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know. At first I didn’t want to say anything, until I knew for sure. I know I have to tell him. I’m just not sure how to do that. He’s going to freak and it might not be in a good way.”

Willow wouldn’t believe that. “I think he’ll be fine, Buffy. You already know it’s something that he wants. I know it’s kinda soon, but I think it’ll work out.”

Buffy gave her friend a smile and really hoped that she was right.


* * * * *


“We really need to talk.”

Spike had a worried expression on his face. “Nothing good ever starts with that sentence.”

Buffy grabbed his hand and gave it a tight squeeze. “Well, I hope you would think it’s good.” She took a deep breath before telling him the rest. “Spike, I’m pregnant.” She expected him to be shocked, but wasn’t prepared for the laughter.

“Very funny, Buffy. I’m not going to fall for that again. What did you really want to say?” He noticed that she wasn’t laughing and the smile quickly faded from his face. “You’re serious?”

“I found out last week. I didn’t know how to tell you. I have to say that wasn’t how I expected you to react.” She turned away from him, having no idea that he would think she was kidding. She only really did that once before.

Spike realized that he probably should have handled it better and wrapped his arms around her waist. “We’re going to have a baby?” he said after a minute of silence.

Buffy nodded, taken by surprise when he yelled and lifted her off of the ground.

“I’m going to be a father!”

She laughed at his excitement.

He put her down and planted a firm kiss on her mouth.

“So, I take it you’re okay with this?”

Spike couldn’t keep the smile off of his face now. “Of course I’m okay with this. I’m sorry for how I reacted. I just never expected this to happen yet. Are you okay with it?” He needed to make sure that it was also something that Buffy wanted. She would be the one carrying the child, after all.

“Yeah, I am. It’s not something I planned on happening right now, but it’s something that I really want.”

Spike hugged her and placed a kiss on the top of her head. “You have made me the happiest bloke in the world, you know that?”

Buffy nodded against his chest, then glanced up at him after a few seconds.

He wondered why she looked so worried, but didn’t have to wonder for long.

“How are we going to tell our parents? My mom might disown me, and I can already picture Giles cleaning his glasses enough to break the lens. I have a feeling they won’t be as happy about this.”

Spike hugged her again, running his fingers through her hair. “It’ll all work out, love. They’ll be surprised at first, but they’ll come around in the end. Your mum would never disown you.”

Buffy knew that he was right and really wished she could have his confidence. She hoped her mother would take it well.


* * * * *


“Buffy, are you okay? You haven’t said anything since we talked to our parents. I’m starting to get worried here.”

Buffy finally came back to reality at the sound of his voice. “My mom was abducted. That’s the only thing that could explain what just happened. That was not my mother.”

Spike laughed and shook his head at her imagination. “I have a feeling that was really her.”

Buffy was having a hard time believing it. “She didn’t yell or tell me how irresponsible I am for getting pregnant at a young age. She just accepted it and said congratulations. I didn’t even see Giles clean his glasses, or clear his throat once. I’m telling you, they can’t be our parents.”

Spike wrapped his arms around her. “I think they just finally realized that we’re not little kids anymore. I told you everything would work out.”

Buffy nodded and raised her head to give him a kiss. “I love you.”

Spike smiled. “I love you, too. You and the little one. I’ll always be here for the both of you,” he claimed and touched her stomach, still finding it hard to believe that his baby was growing inside of her. He was definitely the luckiest man in the world.

Buffy placed her hand over his and thought about everything that had changed in her life. She never imagined that anything amazing could ever happen to her. She already decided that she would name the baby Matthew if it was a boy. Buffy had a feeling Spike would appreciate that.