Author's Chapter Notes:
At the bottom.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 5

“What?” Buffy finally responded after a moment of silence.

“I said that I was thinking about you. Why do you seem so surprised?”

She shook her head. “I just wasn’t expecting that. Why would you be thinking about me? I mean, I’m definitely nothing special.”

Spike caressed her cheek and looked into her eyes. “You’re very special, Buffy. I have always seen it. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, all right?”

Buffy nodded and still couldn’t believe everything he told her. “I never thought you noticed me.”

He smiled at her. “I thought I was being obvious. I’m always going to your house. I only went to that party because I knew you would be there. I thought you knew that I liked you.”

Buffy suddenly felt embarrassed. “I usually don’t catch things like that. I’m not exactly used to it. I’ve had a crush on you for a while now. I never believed you would ever have feelings for me.”

Spike took her hand in his and gave it a squeeze. “Well, now you know. So, would you like to go out with me tomorrow night?”

Buffy smiled, ecstatic that this was actually happening to her. “I would love to.”

He then brought her hand to his lips and kissed her knuckles. “It’s a date, then. I’ll pick you up at seven.”

Buffy nodded again and couldn’t seem to keep the smile off of her face. “Yeah, it’s a date.”

They were silent after that and continued to watch the waves in the ocean.

Buffy had an even bigger smile on her face when she thought about her sister. Yeah, Harmony was going to love this.


* * * * *


They got back to her house a little while later.

Spike was finding it hard to let her hand go. “So, I’ll see you tomorrow?”

She nodded. “Right, unless you change your mind at the last minute. You could just stop by to let me know, since you live next door and all. You wouldn’t even have to use the phone.”

He stopped her rambling by touching his finger to her lips. “I won’t be changing my mind. I’ll be here tomorrow.”

Buffy smiled and was taken by surprise when he leaned closer to her, placing a soft kiss on her lips. It only lasted a second, but she has never felt anything like it. She touched her lips when he walked away and had to force herself not to let out a squeal.


* * * * *


“He kissed you? You are so lucky.” Dawn stated after Buffy told her what happened.

“It was just a peck on the lips.”

Dawn shook her head. “His lips still touched yours. I’m so jealous of you right now. Oh, can I be around when he picks you up tomorrow? I would give anything to see the look on Harmony’s face.”

Buffy smiled at her sister’s excitement. “I thought you were going out tomorrow night.”

Dawn’s smile suddenly turned into a frown. “Oh, I forgot. You’ll take pictures, right?”

Buffy rolled her eyes and nodded. “Sure, Dawn. I’ll do that,” she replied.

“And you were worried that he was interested in Harmony. I so knew he had a thing for you. You’ll be the envy of every girl in school. All of my friends like Spike, but you’re the only one that he has showed any interest in. Can I just say again how lucky you are?”

Buffy blushed at the comment and realized that Dawn was right. For the first time in her life, she actually did feel lucky. It quickly faded when Harmony decided to make her presence known.

“Jeez, thanks for letting me know that you were leaving.”

Buffy raised her eyebrows. “I didn’t know you cared, Harmony.”

She rolled her eyes. “Please, I only don’t wanna get in trouble with Mom. I was too busy looking around for Spike, anyway. I don’t even know where he went. Did you see him?”

Buffy shook her head. “No, didn’t see him.”

Harmony let out a sigh. “Well, it’s obvious that he’s playing hard to get. Cordy told me that she saw him leaving with some girl, but that has to be a mistake. Spike is clearly interested in me.”

Buffy and Dawn both exchanged looks before turning back to their sister.

“Did she see what the girl looked like?” Buffy wondered, just wanting to be sure.

Harmony shook her head. “She didn’t get a good look. Oh well, I’m sure it was no one important. Why am I even talking to you?” she said, walking away and heading to her room.

Buffy and Dawn burst into laughter once she was gone.

Things were about to get very interesting.


* * * * *


Buffy was waiting for Spike to pick her up the next night. It was hard for her to keep a straight face around Harmony. She finally heard a knock on the door and was about to answer it, but Harmony beat her to it.

She had a huge smile on her face when she saw Spike standing there. “Spike, what are you doing here? Did you come by to talk to me? You felt bad about ditching me at the party, didn’t you? It’s so sweet of you to apologize.”

Spike rubbed the back of his neck and looked like he didn’t know what to say.

Buffy decided to help him out and stepped closer to him. “Actually, he’s here to see me. We have a date tonight.”

Harmony’s jaw practically dropped at that statement. “That’s crazy, you expect for me to believe that?”

Buffy shrugged and glanced at Spike.

He caught her look and nodded, turning his gaze back on the other blonde. “It’s true, Harmony.” He then put his arm around Buffy. “We’re going out now.”

Buffy smiled and was pleased at the expression on her sister’s face. “Don’t wait up,” she said and walked away with Spike, leaving Harmony to stare after them in shock.


* * * * *


I just wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful reviews so far. I'm surprised by the feedback I've been getting for this story. I was a little nervous about this story and I was worried that no one would like it, but you all have made me feel so much better. I just hope you guys will continue to like it=)