Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 6

“I have never seen her look so stunned before. Would you think I was a terrible person if I said that I enjoyed it?”

Spike smiled and shook his head. “You could never be a terrible person. I don’t mean to be rude, but your sister deserved it after the way she’s been treating you.”

Buffy smiled as well, then continued the rest of the walk in silence.


* * * * *


They arrived at the Bronze a little while later and sat down at a table.

This was the first time that Buffy has ever been out with a guy and she really hoped that she wouldn’t screw it up. She hardly did the whole dating thing, but she was learning to like it.

They were trying to talk over the music, when a sexy brunette made her way over to them.

She had long, dark hair and was wearing an outfit that left nothing to the imagination. “Hey, Spike. Didn’t think you would be showing up tonight.”

Spike turned his gaze on her.

She was practically thrusting her breasts in his face, but he didn’t seem to notice.

“I needed a break. Buffy, this is Kelly. She goes to UC Sunnydale with me.”

Buffy only gave her a small smile.

Kelly didn’t seem that interested and looked Buffy up and down. She then let a fake smile form on her face. “You are just too cute. What college do you go to, sweetie?”

Buffy had a feeling that the other woman already knew the answer to that, but she replied after a few seconds. “I’m still in high school.”

Kelly rolled her eyes. “Of course you are,” she said with distaste, then looked back at Spike. “Are you babysitting now? That’s really sweet. Maybe when you ditch the kid, we can have some fun,” she said seductively and walked away, swaying her hips back and forth.

Buffy suddenly felt cold and wrapped her arms around herself.

“Hey, don’t listen to her. That’s just the way she is, I don’t even pay attention to it.”

Buffy nodded, even though she still felt uncomfortable.

Spike then took her hand in his and stared into her eyes. “Would you like to dance?”

She was relieved for the distraction and stood up with him.

He pulled her onto the dance floor and wrapped his arms around her waist.

Buffy placed hers around his neck and didn’t look away from his gaze. “Does this feel weird to you?” she wondered.

Spike shook his head. “No, this feels very right. It feels like you were meant to be in my arms. Don’t listen to what anyone says, Buffy. The only thing that matters is us, okay?”

Buffy felt better at his words and nodded. She then rested her head against his chest as they continued their dance.


* * * * *


Spike and Buffy were sitting in the Espresso Pump later that night. They both had cravings for a cappuccino.

“How come you don’t live in a dorm?” she asked.

He shrugged. “I guess I’m not ready to leave my father alone. I’m all he has since my mum passed away. We may not always get along, but there are some good things about still living at home. Like having you right next door,” he said and caused her to blush. Spike always found it adorable when she did that.

“So, you’ve really been coming by to see me?”

Spike nodded and grasped her hand across the table. “I don’t know when I started to have feelings for you, but I know that it’s not something I’ve ever felt before. This is all new to me; just like I’m sure it is to you.”

She agreed and waited for him to continue.

“Buffy, all I know is that I can’t stop thinking about you. I don’t care about the age or the fact that you’re still in high school. That doesn’t matter to me. I mean, three years is hardly much of a difference. You have always seemed so much older, anyway. You are truly an amazing woman, I’ve always thought that,” he finished.

Buffy could hardly believe what she was hearing. “You called me a woman,” she said in awe.

Spike had to smile. “Because that’s what I see.”

Buffy smiled in return and still couldn’t believe that this was happening to her. She was grateful that Spike saw her as a woman and not a little girl like everyone else did. He then surprised her again by leaning closer to her. She took a deep breath before his lips met hers in a soft kiss. She kissed him back for what felt like forever, it was definitely more than a peck.

Spike pulled away when they needed to breathe and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “You wanna get out of here?”

Buffy could only nod her head. She was finding it hard to speak at the moment.


* * * * *


They ended up at Spike’s house later.

Buffy didn’t feel like going home yet and his father was out of town.

They were busy making out on the couch.

Buffy felt Spike’s hand move under her shirt and caress her back. She then pulled away and felt herself blush under his intense stare.

“You okay?” he wondered.

She thought about what to tell him. “Yeah, I just needed a breather.”

He nodded in understanding. “Sorry, I’m moving too fast.”

Buffy shook her head. “You’re not; I’m just really new at this. I’ve never even kissed anyone before you.”

Spike raised his eyebrows. He didn’t realize that was her first kiss.

“I don’t have any experience with this, and I know that you do. So, I would understand if you didn’t want to do this anymore. If you would rather deal with someone with more experience.”

Spike quieted her with another kiss. “I want you, Buffy. Believe me, I love that you’re innocent. To be honest, I don’t have much experience either.”

Buffy was really surprised now. “You don’t? I always saw you with a lot of girls in school.”

Spike nodded and ran his fingers through his hair. “I’ve dated, but it was never anything serious. I meant it when I said this was all new to me. You’re not alone, Buffy.”

She felt really relieved to hear that and smiled. “We can learn together.”

He agreed and caressed her cheek.

They got back to their make out session and nothing else seemed to matter, until she had to go home to face the wrath of Harmony.