Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, looks like I was able to get this chapter in. I really hope you guys are still interested in the story. I wasn't going to, but I decided to put it in now because I really didn't wanna wait until the weekend. I apologize if this chapter sucks. I'm really tired right now, but I'll just say that the ending is nothing to worry about. You guys will just have to stick with me. I hope everyone has a good holiday=)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 9

“Why do you need my help with this? I have more important things to do.”

Harmony rolled her eyes. “You owe me, Ryan. I know why you broke up with me. I know all about you and Amy, so the least you could do is help me.”

Ryan let out a sigh. He didn’t even know why he ever wasted time with the blonde. He basically only wanted her for her popularity, but he could care less about that now. He would help her out this one time, then really be done with her.

“Good, there’s the brat now. You have to keep her distracted, until I can get Spike here.”

Ryan shook his head at her ridiculous plan. “I hope you know what you’re doing,” he remarked before heading to where Buffy was.

It was a good thing that Harmony knew her sister always went to the park on Saturdays. She watched Ryan walk away, then pulled out her cell phone. She dialed Spike’s number and waited for him to answer. She smiled when his sexy voice spoke on the other line. “Spike, it’s Harmony. You have to get to the park, something’s wrong with Buffy.” She tried to sound worried and Spike didn’t hesitate before saying that he would be right there. She then disconnected the call and waited.


* * * * *


“I’ve always been into you, Buffy. That’s why it never worked out with your sister. I need a woman that actually has a brain.”

Buffy was confused as Ryan talked to her. She never liked him and always figured that he never liked her; something really weird was going on.

“I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me.”

Buffy raised her eyebrows. “I’m really flattered and a little confused, but I already have a boyfriend,” she told him and thought about Spike. She hasn’t had a chance to talk to him yet since he expressed his feelings to her. She was brought out of her thoughts by Ryan’s laughter.

“You mean Spike? He’s no good for you, Buffy. I know all about him. He’s a player; he uses girls and then tosses them. As soon as he sleeps with you, he won’t want anything to do with you anymore. I knew a girl that he went with. He left her heartbroken. She slept with him and he didn’t even stick around the next morning. You’re better than that.”

Buffy was finding that very hard to believe. After all, Spike told her that he didn’t have a lot of experience. She didn’t understand why he would lie to her. “Spike isn’t like that, you must have heard wrong,” she replied and really believed that it was true.


* * * * *


“I’m so glad you’re here,” Harmony said once Spike showed up. He looked like he ran the whole way there.

“Where’s Buffy? Is she okay?” he panted, trying to catch his breath.

Harmony gave him a smile. “She’s fine; it was just a false alarm. She already went home.”

Spike sighed in relief and ran his fingers through his hair. “That’s good; I guess I’ll go check on her.” He was about to walk away, but Harmony wasn’t ready for him to leave.

“She’s not going anywhere; I was hoping we could talk.”

Spike wondered what she could possibly have to say to him, but he didn’t have to wonder for long.

Harmony grabbed his head and pulled his lips down to hers in a hard kiss.


* * * * *


“Hey, is that your sister?”

Buffy turned around and felt like her heart would stop at the sight of Spike kissing Harmony.

“I told you he can’t be trusted,” Ryan commented.

Buffy wouldn’t listen and made her way over to them.


* * * * *


Spike pulled away from Harmony. He was about to tell her to keep her lips off of him, but was confused by the twisted smile on her face.

“Oops, looks like we have an audience.”

Spike turned around to see Buffy standing there. He noticed the hurt expression on her face. “Love, this isn’t what it looks like. I didn’t want it; she just attacked me when I got here. I thought you were hurt.”

Buffy tried not to let her tears fall. “You expect for me to believe that? This is the second time you’ve kissed her. That makes me wonder if she’s really the one you’ve wanted this whole time. Are you just using me to get to my sister?”

Spike shook his head and had to make things right. “You know I would never do that, Buffy. She tricked me into coming here. Don’t you see? You’re playing right into her hands,” he explained, hoping that she believed him.

“I don’t know what’s real anymore. I trusted you, but I guess that was a mistake,” she claimed, then took off running in the other direction.

Spike watched her go and grew angry as he looked at Harmony. He had to keep telling himself that it wasn’t right to hit a girl. “I want you to stay away from me, you got that?” He didn’t wait for a reply and took off after Buffy.

Harmony flinched a little at his tone, but tried to not let it bother her.

Ryan hated the fact that he played a part in that deception. He glanced at Harmony and once again knew why things didn’t work out with them. “You’ve done enough, Harm. He’ll never want you. He’s clearly in love with her and nothing you do can change that. You need to deal with the fact that not every guy wants you. I didn’t break up with you because I found someone else. I was just tired of the way that you treat people. You’re a manipulative bitch and everyone knows it. I think it’s sick that you find pleasure from your own sister’s pain. I regret that I even helped you, but I don’t owe you anything. We’re done, Harmony. I don’t want anything to do with you anymore.” He walked away, leaving her to stare after him in confusion.

Harmony didn’t care about anything he had to say. She knew that she did the right thing and Spike would soon realize it. He’ll realize that Buffy’s not the girl for him. She didn’t even care that she hurt her sister, but there was a part of her that felt for Buffy. She just chose to ignore it.