Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 2

“Oh my god! Mom!” Harmony screeched as she ran down the stairs.

Joyce came out of the kitchen to see what was wrong, while Buffy and Dawn followed after Harmony.

She gasped when she saw her eldest daughter.

“Look what those freaks did to my hair!” Harmony yelled, pointing to her now green hair.

Buffy and Dawn gave each other a high five and tried not to laugh.

Joyce looked at Harmony and then at her two younger daughters. “Girls, did you have something to do with this?”

They both shrugged.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Dawn replied innocently.

Harmony turned cold eyes on them. “This is so your fault! You snuck into the bathroom and messed with my shampoo! Ryan is going to be here soon, I can’t let him see me like this!”

Dawn rolled her eyes. “What’s the big deal? If you ask me, I think this is an improvement. Don’t you think so, Buffy?”

She nodded. “I hear green is in.”

Harmony started to cry and whine about how much she hated her sisters.

Joyce patted her eldest on the back and tried to comfort her. “I’m sure it’ll wash out, honey. It’s not the end of the world.”

Harmony turned teary eyes on her mother. “It might as well be. I have to cancel my date now.” She ran back up the stairs, crying along the way.

Joyce gave her daughters a stern look.

Buffy knew they were in trouble. “It was just a little joke for all the crap she’s put us through. It should come out tomorrow.”

Joyce crossed her arms over her chest. “I want you both to go to your rooms and think about what you did. I’ll discuss a punishment with you later.”

They nodded and tried to look guilty as Joyce headed back into the kitchen.

Dawn then couldn’t keep the smile off of her face anymore and glanced at Buffy. “Did you see the look on her face?”

Buffy smiled as well. “Yeah, that was great.”

“Upstairs, now!” Joyce yelled from the kitchen, which caused them to jump a little.

“Right, going now,” Buffy said, grabbing Dawn by the arm and pulling her upstairs.


* * * * *


“I would have given anything to see that,” Willow Rosenberg stated in school the next day.

Buffy looked at her best friend and nodded. “Yeah, it was pretty funny. She had it coming.”

They headed to their lockers, when they suddenly noticed Cordelia Chase walk over to them.

The pretty cheerleader graced the girls with a smile. “Hey, I’m having a party this weekend and you’re both welcome to come,” she said, handing them each an invitation.

They were both clearly shocked, but took the invitations from her.

Cordelia was the richest and most popular girl in school. She was also Harmony’s friend.

“Um, do you have us confused with someone else?” Buffy wondered.

Cordelia shook her head. “You’re Harmony’s sister, right?”

Buffy nodded, even though she hated to admit that.

“Then I got the right person. I really hope you guys can make it,” she claimed, then walked away and started to hand out other invitations.

Buffy and Willow watched her go and then stared at each other, both equally confused.

“Okay, did we happen to stumble into some alternate universe?”

Willow shrugged. “I don’t know. It seemed like that really happened. Do you think we should go? Cordelia’s house is huge. My brother cuts her lawn and he told me about it. She always has the best parties there. I’ve always wanted to see what one was like.”

Buffy thought about it and nodded after a moment. “I guess we could stop by. It’ll also piss Harmony off.”

After the confusion wore off, they both made their way to class.


* * * * *


“This is so not happening. I can’t believe Cordy invited you. This has to be a pity invite or something. Whatever, just stay out of my way. I still don’t want some people to know I’m related to you,” Harmony explained when they got home from school.

Buffy let out a yawn. Her sister’s hair was starting to look normal again and Buffy felt a little disappointed, but it was fun while it lasted. They were both having the conversation outside because Harmony has yet to let her in the house. She had to go on about the party and how Buffy was not to talk to her. It wasn’t like she wanted to, anyway. Her face quickly lit up when Spike walked over to them.

Harmony stopped talking long enough to notice him as well. A huge smile formed on her face. “Spike, I’m so glad you’re here. Would you like to come to Cordy’s party this weekend? I know you’re not in high school anymore, but it could be fun. Cordy said she wouldn’t mind,” she remarked, batting her eyelashes.

Spike’s gaze then landed on Buffy. “Will you be going?”

She felt her heart skip a beat at the thought of him wanting her to be there.

Harmony decided to speak up for her. “I have to baby-sit her, so my mom’s making me bring her along.”

Buffy really didn’t like that comment. She noticed that Spike now had a hard look on his face, but it was soon replaced with a smile.

“Right, I guess I’ll see you both there then.”

Harmony returned his smile and ran her hand down his arm. “Yeah, I’ll see you there. Maybe you can save me a dance.”

Spike nodded and after giving Buffy one more look, headed back next door.

Harmony then turned and walked into the house, without saying anything else to Buffy.

She waited for a few seconds before following her sister inside.


* * * * *


Harmony slammed the phone down later that night and stomped into the kitchen, where she found her mother and sister.

“Ryan just broke up with me. I can’t believe the jerk had the nerve to dump me over the phone.”

Buffy rolled her eyes.

Joyce went to comfort her daughter.

Harmony pulled away and didn’t look like she needed comfort. “He was a loser, anyway. I can do so much better. I already have someone else in mind,” she said with a smile, then left the kitchen.

Buffy had a feeling about who that someone was. Could things possibly get any worse?