Author's Chapter Notes:
And here is chapter six, nothing special. The song is Porcelain by Moby.
“Andrew!” Buffy cried with surprise as the person grabbed her and pulled her into a tight hug.

“Buffy! Sister of mine! How are you?” Andrew babbled excitedly.

But Buffy was still stuck on what the hell he was doing here. “Why are you here? How did you get here?”

Andrew chewed on his bottom lip. “Well, it’s like this,” he started nervously. “Um, Dad kicked me out, and Mom said I was gonna stay here. I wanted to surprise you and Dawn, so I told her not to tell.” He looked up anxiously.

Buffy sighed and rubbed her forehead. “Sure surprised me.”

~~~~~*~~~~~

“Hey, Buffy!”

Buffy looked up at her friends. “Hey, guys.” Willow and Xander sat down.

Xander smirked. “Who’s this? New boyfriend?”

Buffy looked over at where Andrew was sitting beside her. “Eww! No! Brother!”

Xander looked mortified. Willow and Andrew were laughing at him.

“Hey, guys. I’m Andrew, and I just moved here, I’m gonna be staying for, like, the whole year!” He bounced excitedly in his seat. “Buffy is totally the best sister ever, she’s so cool, and all that stuff…”

“I don’t see what’s so great about her,” Spike said, dropping his bag on the floor and plopping into the seat.

“Hey, Spike,” chorused Willow and Xander.

“Andrew, this is Spike, Spike, annoying twin brother.” Buffy turned back to her food.

“Wow, this table suddenly got cold,” the geek observed.

Willow gave a weak smile. “Yeah, don’t worry about it. These two always get like that. We all know it just UST though.” She shrank back slightly when her attempt at lightening the mood made both blondes glare daggers at her.

“So, Bronzing tonight?” Xander said, breaking the tension that had the table frozen.

~~~~~*~~~~~
There was a new band playing in the Bronze that night. Dingoes Ate My Baby. Xander was staring blatantly at that annoying Anya girl again, while the bassist of the band had Willow entranced, as he himself seemed to be by the furtive glances he kept shooting at the redhead.

“What kind of name is ‘Dingoes Ate My Baby?’” Buffy commented dryly.

“I think it’s cool,” Andrew said. “And the lead singer is soo hot.”

“No way. Devon? So not your type. For one, he’s straight,” she replied, wondering for the fifth time that night why she had brought her brother along.

“I’m straight…” Andrew whined unsurely.

Buffy rolled her eyes and went back to her drink. Xander took a deep breath and stood up, walking over to Anya.

Buffy’s eye went to the door as it flew open and two people walked in, doing their best to pretend they didn’t know each other. Spike and Angel.

Spike walked over and sat down at the table, while Angel strode smoothly across the room to where his friends were standing, talking and laughing.

“Hey Spike,” Willow said dazedly, still staring at the boy on the stage.

“Red,” he acknowledged. “Strange couple, wouldn’t have ever expected it. Bit annoying, that bird. Don’t know what he sees in her,” he commented, looking to where Anya and Xander were gyrating on the dance floor.

“No duh. I expected Xander to have at least a tiny bit more taste than that. But I guess I was wrong.”

Andrew noticed Jonathan sitting all by himself, and used this as an excuse to leave the table.

The band had stopped playing, and Willow was going up to talk to the bassist. Buffy and Spike were now sitting alone at the table. The tension was getting thicker by the minute. Just as Spike opened his mouth to ask her to dance, Angel walked up to the table.

“Hey Buffy. I noticed you sitting all by yourself over here and wondered if you’d like to dance.”

She smiled. “Sure.” They walked over to the dance floor together just as a slow song struck up.

Angel put his hands on her waist and pulled her close to his body. She raised her arms and clasped her hands behind his neck, resting her head on his chest. They swayed slowly to the music, unaware of what was going on around them. Buffy closed her eyes and forgot about Spike, about Angel’s weird friends, and just listened to his heart beating rhythmically beneath her cheek.

In my dreams I’m dying all the time
Then I wake its kaleidastrophic mind
I never meant to hurt you
I never meant to lie
So this is goodbye
This is goodbye


Angel felt her in his arms as they danced to the slow movement. For a moment, he wondered why he was doing this to her.

Tell the truth
You never wanted me
Tell me


Spike sat at the table, watching his cousin dancing with the girl that should be his. His heart burned with hatred and jealousy. She would never know. He could tell her, but she wouldn’t listen to him. He felt like going over there and tearing Angel apart, but he managed to restrain himself, knowing that doing so would only make Buffy hate him more. But he wished she could know what Angel really was, what he really was.

In my dreams I’m jealous all the time
When I wake I’m going out of my mind
Going out of my mind


They danced out the rest of the song, each lost in their own thoughts. A new song started, faster this time. Buffy smiled up at Angel as they danced.

Willow was sitting over in a corner with the bassist, chatting animatedly about all sorts of things, from music to computers.

Xander was standing in another corner with Anya, making out like there was no tomorrow.

Andrew was sitting at a table with Jonathan, talking excitedly about all things nerdly, D&D, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. They were reciting movie quotes and bouncing in their chairs, finishing each other’s sentences, it was a little scary.

Spike was sitting alone at the table, silently fuming.

And Angel’s friends were talking and laughing, giving Buffy looks like hungry wolves.

When the song ended, Angel looked at Buffy for a moment. “Will you go out with me on Friday?”

Buffy smiled and said without hesitation, “Yes.”

Angel grinned. He leaned over and kissed her deeply.

Spike sat in his chair, watching the display. He crushed the Styrofoam cup in his hand, causing coke to spill out all over the table. When Buffy pulled away from Angel, flushed and smiling, Spike threw down the cup and stormed out of the club. He was gonna get that girl, no matter what it cost.